Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Sabra Lorekeeper

This does not compute, how can there be a sale price if its NO TRADE?

[IMG]
  2. Obliteration Elder

It is stops afk PLing then that alone would make this an amazing server
    Magician9001 and Zrender like this.
  3. Obliteration Elder

Maybe after PoP they drop it if that is true
  4. Guen New Member

I don't recall this quantity of negative feedback since pink buff icons that made it impossible to determine at a glance if you had a debuff on you. That was actually fixed within maybe 24 hours if memory serves.

This TLP is not just a regular level disappointment. This TLP is is wow, I didn't know they could come up with something worse than PvP for EQ. I have played EQ for a large portion of my life at this point. I have been disappointed many times. The difference here is none of those times were a deal-breaker. This TLP if it even sees the light of day is an abomination. If they even consider putting this to live EQ there will be no more joy left in EQ and no MMO (that I know of) that I will even consider playing.

Even if by some stretch and many patches and adjustments later, this idea is somehow reasonable, you still have the problem that I just can't get around: YOU ARE NOT LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. WE DO NOT WANT THIS. WE DO NOT WANT ANYTHING LIKE THIS.
  5. Nessirfiti Augur

"AFK Powerleveling" is an issue that could be stopped by Darkpaw putting GMs on the server every once in a while, and doesn't require such a ham fisted poorly thought out change to the way the game works.

I don't much care if oakwynd gets the encounter locking, other than the fact that it's killed any interest my friends or I had in it. My primary issue is the concern that they'll put it onto other servers.
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.
  6. fritzyboy New Member

Who the hell wants to start in classic? Classic eq is a terrible game. start in kunark at minumum ffs.
    xeveq likes this.
  7. Zrender Augur

This does not make the game "like wow". FTE is one simple mechanic that rarely comes into play outside of afk PLing. I think I had maybe 2 dps races playing through my last TLP. 2. What I did have a LOT of was CONSTANT PL spam that could not be ignored because it would be different char names every other message. And what everyone had was having to compete in terms of AA vs players that just whipped out their credit card to pay for afk PL for AAs. Many of us just want a server that eliminates PLing and otherwise paying for your character or gear to have an advantage with real cash. Is that too much to ask? An mmorpg where you actually have to play your own characters and get your own gear?
    Magician9001 likes this.
  8. Khanfu Elder

Why dont they just merge Thornblade and Mischief and then add the FT as an alternative to this years TLP? Problem solved.

Most this commotion is from not having any alternative.

People just wanna play EQ and have fun.
    Kunfo likes this.
  9. Zrender Augur

In addition to encounter locks, please also add a requirement that players need to be in the zone at least, when a mob is killed, to get no-trade loot. Preferably in the group but I'd be content with in the zone.
  10. dizzl New Member

Cautiously optimistic about encounter locking. Zone monopoly powerleveling and training are both pretty bad for the game, but it's a big enough change that no one will be also to foresee all the consequences.

I like the catch up and bonus loot, but the numbers look a bit small on that. Mischief's bonus loot works out to more than 200% for raids, since you can get better loot than the mob drops naturally. This server will presumably be dead by the time it gets there. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the idea of 25% less of a grind, but AAs and Raid loot need more than a 25% reduction to make them similarly compelling to modern competitors.

I *am* the kind of player likes to play alts, so the legacy stuff appeals to me. Though, I am not sure why it counts max-level characters, instead of higher + max level characters. If this is the center-point on the server though, more could be done here than just some exp. How about account wide flags or tradeskills?

All in all, I was hoping for Mischief 2, and this isn't that. Well, I was hoping for non-free trade mischief, so this is at least closer than ever.

Edit: BIG YES to sooner boxing. That's just a no-brainer.
  11. Nessirfiti Augur

Does what you want eliminate my ability to enjoy myself when I'm bored and want to make an alt? If so, why does what you want take priority over what I want?

Why does your wish to not have people selling powerleveling take priority over me going and helping a friends group with a mob they can't kill on their own?

Why does your wish to not have people selling powerleveling take priority over my and my friends ability to split our group in half and pop mercs to kill a tough mob?

I neither buy nor sell powerleveling, Why should I be punished because you don't like something?
    Herf and Go Take A Nap like this.
  12. Khanfu Elder

In all honesty anyone wanting encounter locks should support being grouped and acquiring aggro during any fight to get ANY no drop loot.
  13. Zrender Augur

Uhh, nobody is trying to stop you.. Every other server allows PLing. Feel free to go to any of them and go ham with your friends or your credit card getting PLd by RMTers.
  14. Nessirfiti Augur

See, the devs have said they're testing something on this server for potentially moving to live. My primary concern is I absolutely don't want encounter locking on the servers I play on. If it starts and stops on Oakwynd? I'm perfectly happy for Y'all but if they're going to push this to live servers and potentially other TLPs? That right there is my issue.
  15. Thatoneguy666 Elder

This is well stated. This doesn't even need to be entertained. It doesn't need to be tested. We already know exactly what it will do.

And while I'd like to not see another DoA TLP this year, I am far more troubled by the idea that this just gets tacked onto everything else going forward with little care or thought. It's happened so many times already with so many terrible changes. No focus effects pre luclin was supposed to be just for Mangler. Oops now it's every TLP. Awful change to the early xpacs. MOTM, unlock schedules which give us 5x more PoP than anyone wants, relaxed truebox now being standard, the list goes on.

They've already stated they want to push this to other servers. This is just the beta. I say no. Your players don't want it. That really should be clear. Don't let this stillborn idea see the light of day or we may never get rid of it.
  16. Go Take A Nap Augur

A kunark start makes for more interesting leveling but also puts a lot of content in your face at once and a much longer grind period. For players that struggle to get time off to level it could take awhile to hit 60, specially without PLing support from guild.

It took around 20% of our guild 2 weeks to hit 50 on the last classic tlp i played and only around 20% were 50 by Sunday. One month classic just gives you time to hit 50 before the next wave of leveling and the pressure to complete epic asap. At least we have the hole. If it were not for that I would /wrist trying to go from 43-50 in sob/lguk with how few mobs are available
  17. Hempo New Member

I was ready to come back and play after I was pulled away from Mischief for RL but there is no way I'm spending money or time on this server with this ruleset.
  18. Go Take A Nap Augur

Players voicing their opinions here are interested in this years TLP experience, not ANOTHER server. Just because you dont like their opinions is not grounds for telling someone to play in another place and let you have the server your way. Voice your opinion and contribute without making it personal. There is a lot being assumed in your cynical response.
  19. Aiona Augur

There's no more joy in EQ because everyone throws krono at everything and does nothing for themselves. You don't earn anything playing EQ anymore.
    Need levels? Pay for PL with krono
    Need gear? Pay for gear with krono
    Need flags? Pay for flags with krono
    Need AA's? Pay for AA's with krono
    Need spells? Pay for it with krono too, unless in bazaar.
    Need plat? By krono and sell krono
    Don't have a raiding guild to get you epic? Pay krono, you'll get your epic 100% guarenteed.

The only people having "FUN" are the people making krono instead of selling it, and the grouping/raiding that actually gets done by the boxers and people throwing krono at everything if they aren't earning it themselves.

EQ the way it used to be enjoyed is dead. Krono changed that.

Edit: yes, I know players can and do earn stuff on their own, I am generalizing. That's because there's a whole lot of people doing what I listed above. If you're not, you are a minority.

Edit 2: of course, the alternative is to box, right?
  20. Nessirfiti Augur

you do know that you can play EQ without touching krono, Right? I do just fine. And what other people do and don't do with regards to krono doesn't effect me at all.

And as to your edit, Yeah, if you want to box, have fun, it can be quite rewarding.