An Experimental Year in TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cildar, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

so much- if it's not my preferred ruleset, we're all quitting, you hear me? (I mean US?)

do what I want or I quit should be your guild motto.
  2. Crabman Augur

Well that would make raiding quite difficult.
  3. NImxat Elder

Allow only the apprentice mercs until mercs normally enter the game. Apprentice mercs are useful but any player toon is better. This should not affect the number of cleric mains.
  4. Crabman Augur

That could be a thing. As long as an average geared classic toon is better than a merc while still being useful, that’s perfect.

I’m still trying to figure out what could be added that will effect live.
  5. Dmitry Elder

[quote="Crabman, post: 4203721, member: 437631]
    I’m still trying to figure out what could be added that will effect live.[/quote]

Maybe effect population - like if you had a reverse time TLP where it starts at the end and removes expansions every couple of months.
  6. Zansobar Augur

I would be much more likely to play that server ruleset than a PoP start server.
    Schwifty likes this.
  7. Zansobar Augur

You couldn't pay me to touch the abomination that is Live.
  8. Zansobar Augur

Are you playing a game or are you part of a cult?
    filthytlpplayer likes this.
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

cult of logic. People whining when the ruleset is not even announced is posturing.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Confirmed
    • Relaxed truebox
    • Mischief/FV loot
    • Relaxed recommended/required level restrictions
    • Each expansion released in two parts, first half is the content and second half is the level cap increase + AAs, providing a harder experience for the first half of the expansion and a catchup / relaxation period at the second half. Sort of a mini-Vaniki.
    • Account-wide rewards for defeating content in first half of expansion release.
    Crabman and Jasper Wiz like this.
  11. Faydra Augur

I mean, sounds kinda interesting, maybe? Not sure how I feel about it.
  12. filthytlpplayer Elder

I wonder if they could experiment with adding more content to the game, so it feels less like a race to level cap and raiding and more like the sandbox it was originally intended to be. I wonder if they still have any of the static content from that premium server that they could toss in to add some depth to the game? I wonder if that would make an appreciable difference to the TLP experience.
    Schwifty likes this.
  13. Enuen Journeyman

Removing keying would affect live, but only a bit since everything unlocks automatically after a couple of expacs now anyway. By time the server makes it to live, it would be mostly irrelevant.

It's going to be ... a krono-less server. They will find a way to block krono trading, no more buying or selling in game. The outcry from the kronolords on the forums will be epic.
  14. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

EQPlayers.Com is returning to synergize with the new Diety Based Team PVP Server.
    No Box / No Krono / Gear now has Durability
    Voting Based progression, ofcourse
    Experience returning resurrections disabled
    In game rewards for certain achievements, such as a JChan head ornament as a hat.
    Rules switch off at PoP and the server flips to a Phinny Clone
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

TLp vs TLPs, perhaps one of them will be a level 1 new LIVE server with randomized loots. all expansions live, expansion prenerfs drop for 90 days off any same tier + expansion and continent content.

Here's hoping anyway.
    NImxat likes this.
  16. Jasper Wiz Journeyman

Could be very cool.

Although, as a caster, it would be next to impossible to land things. This would be meleequest, big time.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The new meta of TLPs = TLP reaches concurrent live game and /movelogs to--- Vox server (formerly Trakanon)

FV loot style would preclude this though, they would have to merge to FV or start a new FV loot style server.
  18. brickz Augur

If the criteria are experimental and possibly effects live servers, then my guess is: low level balance changes.
    Jasper Wiz likes this.
  19. Crabman Augur

That would be awesome.
  20. NImxat Elder

This is why Vaniki removed the effect of caster vs mob level based spell resistance. Without that it would be bad.