An Experimental Year in TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cildar, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Banai Augur

After reading the entire thread, some people have some decent ideas. I haven't touched a TLP in like 4-5 years but came here looking to see if new info had been put out yet and thought I'd drop my wants/wishes for the new server.

1. Disable Krono and bring back plat as king currency. Entire reason I stopped playing. Game becomes all about Krono farming 1 week in.
    2. FV Loot rules - goes with #3
    3. All bosses drop their normal loot BUT all named/boss loot has a chance to drop from any mob in the same zone. I'd say named loot have maybe a 5% chance with raid loot maybe .5%. Helps to alleviate spawn camps and poopsock guild control of big targets.
    4. Balance passes over all classes. Some classes are solid at certain points but early on they struggle.
    5. Kunark Start but disable all Kunark raid targets (& raid loot) until 3 months have passed. This allows Iskar from the start and more places to level/gear grind.
    6. Expansion unlocks every 3 months (3 months in vanilla then 3 months with Kunark raids to start) with a hard stop at PoP.

I know some won't agree to this, I mean why would they? Not being able to control spawns to force people to pay them 5+ krono for 1 item?! Kills their entire business model! But least it may make the game fun to play again
  2. Trox2010 Augur

So here is a bit of tin-foil hat conspiracy theory: are they planning on launching one TLP server this year because it will have the P2W Loot Boxes, and they know if they put it up against either a Mangler or Mischief clone it would be DOA? So they figure if they only launch the one then the habitual rerollers will have to play on it, and they are hoping to point to that as a win so they can have justification to implement it on all the servers.