An Experimental Year in TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cildar, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Cildar Journeyman

Just watched the always fantastic Everquest show.... it ended with a teaser. Producer Chan saying it's going to be an experimental year for EQ TLPs.

Great show BTW...

https://www.youtube.com/@EverQuestShow
    Brontus and Fading Illusion like this.
  2. Zansobar Augur

I wonder if it will lead me to experiment with not playing this year?
  3. Crabman Augur

Mischief was an experiment, so maybe its experimental by doing that again? ... please be that.
    Jasper Wiz likes this.
  4. Jasper Wiz Journeyman

Sounds to me like a Mischief clone is off the table. :( Also, sounded like just one server? She said TLP not TLP's. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though.
  5. Crabman Augur

sad days indeed. yea she did say singular. the roadmap also said tlp whereas the 2022 roadmap was pluralized.
  6. Cildar Journeyman

I am excited for something new. Last year was a let down for me and I'd love a new twist. Their last twist was Mischief and that was fantastic.
  7. Vindar Augur

So the PoP rumor is starting to sound true.
  8. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

It's a win win for me. I'll either love the server and play it non-stop, or I'll dislike the server and have a productive year ahead of me in real life.
    Jasper Wiz likes this.
  9. Crabman Augur

bst/ber in classic. Thats what the experiment will be
    ISmellLikeInnySwamp likes this.
  10. Mashef Augur

Sounds like the boss has been reading my posts and likes my ideas. Good to hear. I still think we truly get something along the lines of what the people want opposed to the mess that was Vaniki and the played out Yelinak repeat server.
  11. Vindar Augur

Well a lot of people want Mischief 2.0 of some sort, doesn't sound like that will be the case.
    Crabman and Jasper Wiz like this.
  12. Grummle Journeyman

Crank it to 11, randomized expansion releases. Classic.. then Whoo broken mirror!
    Tucoh likes this.
  13. Fading Illusion Augur

Thank you for the kind words! And for supporting the channel....

A little tease, about the tease....

The interview will go live this week, so subscribe so you know when it drops...

She does expand upon this a bit, including how it could impact live servers...

So there IS more info..... but there will also be some unanswered questions. Stay tuned!

Fading
    Opacus, code-zero, Skuz and 3 others like this.
  14. Lejaun Augur

Please keep producing these videos. We get far too few pieces of good media to consume, so we really appreciate what you are doing for the community.

The video ended a bit bittersweet, with the realization that EQ will eventually end. I pray that when the time comes, they transfer assets over to someone willing and able to keep it going for decades more. I'd hate to be on the server as it shuts off forever.
  15. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

The Entertainment Tonight crew should be visiting your place shortly. I need the scoop about the rule set now not later.
    Fading Illusion likes this.
  16. jeskola pheerie

DBG label: Classic EQ server!

Classic start
    50% slower XP
    6 month unlocks
    truebox enabled with Aradune 2-box restriction
    no AOCs
    Pickzone disabled
    corpse runs
  17. wade_watts Augur

They tried something new last year. Vaniki. Was it a hit? It sucked.

They accidently struck gold with Mischief - yet they seemingly aren't bringing out another one it seems. I honestly think that they view Mischief as a one-off and not a different way that EQ is to be played so they don't want to release it again and grant it as such.

I'm all for experimentation but they seem so disconnected with the community that it's not really promising for anything successful. Most companies are trying to drive subscribers and grow revenue - I'm unsure what DPG's goals but it doesn't seem like they attempt to draw back players that have fallen away.
    Taxman's Right Hand likes this.
  18. Baulkin Augur

Why would they give the community what it wants when they can experiment? What's the worse that happens. No one plays, and they can cut staff hours going into a recession? ;)
    Taxman's Right Hand likes this.
  19. Ambee Elder

Vaniki was a solid idea, terrible implementation.

Whoever came up with level 40 start should not be allowed to have any input on TLP rulesets
    The_Kras_Man and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  20. Taxman's Right Hand New Member

Same. Their track record isn't too good. Miragul/Vaniki were super lame imo. Hopefully they also give us a more traditional alternative with a little spice like free-trade to go with whatever wacky server they come up with.
    The_Kras_Man likes this.