An Experimental Year in TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cildar, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Ahh I can see the future now....me playing Dark and Darker instead lol
    The_Kras_Man likes this.
  2. NImxat Elder

Perhaps not a clone but the new TLP may include some of Mischief's features along with the new twist.
    Crabman likes this.
  3. RABKkehhalla Elder

I've been telling y'all
  4. RABKkehhalla Elder

5. NImxat Elder

No
    Lejaun likes this.
  6. Crabman Augur

If there’s one thing live players love, it’s when TLP’s affect their servers. Lol I’m very interested to see what exactly this means
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Please no, TLP and Live should be different clients and not mess with each other. :rolleyes::mad:
  8. MischiefTLP Augur

TLP impact on Live servers is queue, pickzone, AoC and Vaniki Rewards so far.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Baulkin Augur

The thing that comes to mind for me... would be something like a GoD start with keying / flagging removed pre-GoD..... Let me be clear, this is a terrible idea lol.
  10. Trox2010 Augur

Would like to see.them experiment with releasing the information on the server early, so the community can have a chance to discuss it, and if it is truly off the wall design maybe help tweak it to give it a chance of being a bit more successful. If our feedback really is important to them then give us a chance to provide it while changes can have a chance to be done.
    Schwifty and Lejaun like this.
  11. Baulkin Augur

This would be nice, but there's a disconnect between the Dev's and the community that I don't think anyone can really deny. When's the last time they responded to a forum post outside of the bug forums? Community engagement seems to be relegated to rarely speaking to an influencer or two.
    wade_watts likes this.
  12. MischiefTLP Augur

Niente on Friday: We need to turn off the multi key disconnect setting for Coirnav. Servers that have that on still after truebox is removed, or relaxed truebox is enabled, should be having this turned off as well. I went ahead and turned it off for Coirnav. If this happens again on a future server please make a bug report for us.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Baulkin Augur

Okay, let me put my doom and gloom hat to the side for a minute. Lets look at what it "could" be. Criteria:
    • "Experimental" meaning it hasn't been done before.
    • It effects live servers in some way.
    • Because it effects live servers in some way we can "guess" that it doesn't effect the current live meta or content.
    So... my guesses are...
    1. Relaxed Class / Race combos. They could allow the later class race combos from launch. Bring forth the Gnome Shadowknights. Likelihood: Low, this does not effect live.
    2. Removal of Flagging or Keying from lower expansions. No more VP keys, Sleepers keys, or Vex Thal keys ect. This would allow the servers to be more "inclusive" and remove some customer service load from the company. Likelihood: Moderate, this would effect live but not the current meta.
    What are your guesses?
  14. Faydra Augur

Does this in some way suggest that relaxed truebox is on their radar?
  15. Magickon Augur

apparently lots of people have already pointed out what I said....so...snip!
  16. Crabman Augur

My guess is the experimental part is going to be mercs in at a classic launch.

The way live will be affected is that they will need to tone down the mercs power from levels 1-65ish.

When someone else said this as a suggestion I thought it was a bad idea. But the more I think about it, the more I think it could be fun. Mercs can’t join raids (or dz’s?) so it wouldn’t affect raids and end game content, it would really only affect the ease of getting groups, or filling with a merc til you find more people ect. This can lesson the feel of a “need” to box depending on the class you wish to play.

The caveat to all of this is that the merc power must be decreased for lower levels.
  17. Faydra Augur

Cleric mains, MIA from Day 1.
    Ketchup4 likes this.
  18. Ketchup4 New Member

mischief loot - and all race class at launch - start at kunark - sounds experimental ;)
    wade_watts, Faydra and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  19. MischiefTLP Augur

Hey Alan, we want you to spend months toning down J5 mercs at Level 1-65, crippling by far the best catch up mechanism for new players so that we can have another Vaniki server that peaks just north of 100 players a year after launch.

Sounds very plausible.
    Faydra likes this.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

really, gonna pre- QQ this? Already taking umbrage ate a rulest yet identified is posing at best. /ignores the 24 years of EQ content to claim indignation at being underserved and threatens to quit <this> time over an unannounced ruleset.

So no other TLP you're on or play live anywhere? Really?

/ponder
    Genoane likes this.