Level 100 heroic characters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Meth, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A lot of forum users were saying that 100 was too low long before they were rolled out, many of them doing so before the roadmap was even published.

And a bunch of forums users have also mentioned the need for a catch up system that does not depend upon Heroic upgrades, largely because any Heroic upgrades have taken such a long time to actually materialise after the first one was introduced. "Squire", "Side-Kick" etc.

People are giving perfectly valid feedback, whether they are happy or not is actually besides the point, they are saying what they think needs to be done to make their favourite game better.

What's wrong with wanting things to be better when the status quo clearly does not serve all of the needs players think it should?
  2. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

Another vote for the new Heroic Characters being extremely underwhelming. Couldn't even be bothered with making updated Heroic Augments by doing quests in Shard's Landing or something. Still say that level 100 is too low, it really needed to be 110. This is absolutely an attempt at a cash grab, and not really intended to be part of a real catch up mechanic for new/returning players. The best phrase to describe this effort from the Devs was coined by Maxwell Jacob Friedman: Mid.
    Hobitses likes this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

For fun, I leveled from 100 to 110 this week. That was hard. I had to play 4 long hours every day this week. I'm exhausted. Good night.
  4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Thanks for posting your experience. Would you elaborate more on your 28 hours of game time? Solo, molo, class, gear, etc.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Since design time is finite, what would you have been willing to give up for aug quests?
  6. Tappin Augur

The level doesn't matter as much as the usability of the content - being able to get groups or find people who are willing to help out. That's the problem with the level 100, about five levels short of being able to consistently get groups, and the content is is either nerfed HAs or TDS. Maybe if you know what you are doing you can skip to EoK, but good luck with that. The level should have been at least 105 preferably 110.
    Hobitses likes this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I grouped. Did missions.
  8. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Which missions? What kind of group, pick up or guild?
    Fenthen and CatsPaws like this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Are we speaking from personal experience? :D
  10. Alnitak Augur

Last night (Sunday) I have spent 4 hours doing all 4 ToV missions, Relic City Strange Magic mission (for Wishing Lamp reward) and killed 2 nameds in Maeratas for muhbis drop and some gear.
    2 new level 100 Heroic characters turned level 110, collected 3 items from TBL (lvl 110 gear), 2 muhbis for Secret Dawn ts augments and several type 5 augments. And almost 70 merc AA's on top of that with a nice griffon mount (Paragon of ToV reward).

So, for a genuine returnee or a new player level 100 Heroic is just a beginning of a long and hard road to the max level.
    For existing players level 100 Heroic character is a shortcut to having another modern-era alt made in 1 weekend.
    There is no point of arguing the level of "new Heroics", level 100 and level 110 are just under 4 hours apart with the current system of leveling.
  11. Iven the Lunatic

How many HPs do the Heroic lvl 100 toons have ? Basically they should not be able to do ToV missions at that level without any help from high level PCs and it looks like you have PLed your toons. There is a very large span between the possibilities of a veteran pro player and a returning or new player. Like I_Love_My_Bandwidth you are reporting from the perspective of an experienced player who might know many high level expansions off by heart, but that perspective does miss the point of the discussion about the right Heroic level and it seems that you are just bragging about how fast you can level up toons.

On most servers new players will find an empty graveyard in Shard's Landing and RoF. It is a ten years old expansion and only two expansions/years ahead of HoT lvl 85 Heroic toons ! If they are lucky enough they might find other newbies or a friendly veteran player to form a group. But most veteran players will not team up with lvl 100 newbies. A returning player might be an exception.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Even a Level 120 Heroic Character wouldn't be able to molo most TBL and ToV missions.

A Level 110-120 HC grant would not be some miraculous cure-all. Rather, it would continue the debate (e.g. "New players deserve a Level 120 Heroic Character with raid gear and full sets of augs to molo recent content").

The game is designed for grouping (or boxing) whether we like it or not. (Level 100 can group with Level 120). It's a separate debate. The most feasible request is not seeking after "better" Heroic Characters but lobbying for "easier" versions of missions (which would run against the players who feel the game would become easy mode).
    Alnitak likes this.
  13. Alnitak Augur

Hmm, I did not expect that anybody would assume that those freshly-minted Heroic characters actually did anything to earn those mission rewards.
    To make myself clear - thy were task-added after the missions were won by a team of existing characters (btw, just 3 toons played, 2 beastlords and a mage, that's why it took so long).
    And I've offered TA's for sale, and the slots were filled-up quickly. Some returned player bought all 4 TA's for less than a third of a Krono and also became level 110 along with my own alts.
    This is the story from Yesterday - I did it for my own alts, and some returned player tag along for a small fee, and few others got a-la-carte TA's. Everybody enjoyed the spoils.
    Lots and lots of AA's, experience and mercenary AA's were earned. Everybody is happy. and nobody was whining that Heroic toons are only level 100.
    And my alts still need some augments and ore from ToV, so I plan to repeat the mission run next weekend more than once. ToV becomes a busy expansion as it's been predicted. And genuine new and returned players will get their TA's offred. Win-win-win.
    And btw, 4 hrs for ToV mission run is a slow-poke crawl, nothing to brag about.
  14. Zunnoab Augur

I think I did it once but even after warning returning players they still usually do it at least once.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.