Confirmed Agents assigned to the quest disappear and quest fails

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Grimlore_LOA2, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Finished 5 quests today got three failures this is beyond stupid the rare was like 85-86% the others 88%. please fix this.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Back in the day failures were RARE and now there common!
    cadres likes this.
  2. cadres Augur

Happened to me also today
    Saw this was marked confirmed awhile ago, but clearly still happening
    (AB, quest Information migration at 88% predicted success)
    Elyssanda likes this.
  3. Scila Augur

This has slowly been creeping one here and one there - 2 fails on one account today. I see confirmed but no fixed internally.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

the thing is, these are NOT counting towards failed quests. I have had at least 5 more in the last week, but my fail count has not risen from 4.
  5. Zanarnar Augur

I wonder aloud how much dev time is wasted on this tablet game in EQ that could have been better spend improving the actual game we are paying to play. Honestly, if I wanted to play some passive tablet game, I'd install one on my tablet.

Sunken costs and all, I'm sure they'll keep wasting time on this that could be spent fixing and improving EQ. /sigh/
    Conq likes this.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

with my new job (that I really like) my play time is curtailed significantly. overseer allows me to keep working on a couple of my characters since I don't have as much time. honestly, before , when I had time to play I barely used overseer, I'd forget. Now I set up 12 hour runs in the morning, that are done before I get home from work, and 6 hour runs overnight, and 24s wherever I can, just to get XP going..
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Zanarnar Augur

So.. you just play EQ like I play Soda Dungeon 2. Ya hard pass. Its no wonder I walked away from live at tedious and never went back. Its a sad testament to how badly the live game has gone off the rails.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't think it was designed with an all-action all the time kind of game in mind, which EQ isn't anyway.
    EQ has lots of "downtime points" where you are inbetween groups, or tradeskilling or just finished your raid & winding down before bed.....etc.etc.

I think a card game you could play with other players of EQ that was EQ themed would be better, oh wait they tried that & it wasn't profiable enough to sustain development on it.

Overseer is okay, and I think it should be seen as built off the back of the changes to kill XP in ToV and supposed to partner up with the game in the expansions that followed ToV, the dev team created a gap then created a filler to go into it.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

um.. I guess from what I posted it does sound like I don't play, I do.. on my 2 days off. I raid those 2 nights, and group play during the 2 days.. on my main. I am using overseer to work up a couple of alts to play.
  10. cadres Augur

And happened again today, exactly a week after my last post
    This time I spotted it with 5 hours to go, so paid to finish it early to avoid wasting more time

And they *do* count towards fails. I now have 2 fails. Is the fail number not reset ? I have 2 fails and 16 success (instead of a more accurate 6k-ish success and 2 fails)

An update on this would be good
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think it's going to be hard to tell whether they count in the stats as failures, since the stats seem to reset all the time.

All three of my accounts randomly have their stats reset constantly now. It's not even worth the time to keep track of it.
  12. Zanarnar Augur

Yet another reason to despise it. Killing mobs for exp has been an EQ thing since day one.. well until TOV apparently. Forming a group and grinding should be just as viable as not playing the game and rather doing something else for 12hrs while some idle task completes itself.

I guess I'll just never understand in the first place why they decided killing for XP isn't a thing any more.. but it won't matter as I'll never play past CoTF again. (I actually LIKE the heroic adventure stuff, where you actually have to work for your rewards. That was a positive addition.. they needed to continue along those lines not dream up /gems 2.0 with even less interaction and skill required.)

Sorry, I wasn't meaning to pick on you or anything here. Just the whole concept. (Free whatever without actually putting effort in-game seems.. well dumb to me I guess. Its why things like "Watch someone play our game on twitch and we will give you ingame stuff" also just makes me scratch my head and walk away.. like why would I wanna watch someone else play a game instead of playing myself? /boggle/ )
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Elyssanda likes this.
  14. Scila Augur

Not exactly the same thing but at 3/5 this morning .... if they fixed it in the background something went sideways. No fails listed, had a fail listed and it's reset and not reappeared just poofed. One of these days we're gonna log in and see 0/5.
  15. Moege Augur

Past 3 days that I kept track of
    day 1: 3 quests disappeared, 2 failed without agents, 1 succeeded without agents
    day 2: 2 quests disappeared, 3 failed without agents
    day 3: 2 quests disappeared, 2 failed without agents, 1 succeeded without agents

Dev is the above acceptable to you ? quests disappearing has being a problem since overseer introduction, this failing/success without agents is now multiple month long bug.

Please don't insult us by trying to spin this as oh EQ is old code that reason is BS and you know it.
  16. cadres Augur

Happened to me (failures with no agents listed) again 2 days ago and yet again just now. Always on the same account

Can we have an update on this please?
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I have this bug too. One of my assigned quests have no chars listed, and will probably fail as success-rate is 24%
    cadres likes this.
  18. cadres Augur

And now I've just had a critical failure - with no agents listed
    Yesterday I managed a success with no agents listed - first one of those I've seen

Still no news on this?
  19. Scila Augur

Mine are now disappearing less than 2 hours into a 12 hour quest. I've narrowed it down that close. They could be poofing sooner, not sure when it is happening or if a certain agent is causing the hiccup. I have 2 sitting now that will fail when they complete tonight.
  20. cadres Augur

Given that they almost always fail when the agents disappear, I shall be abandoning these quests if I spot this situation in future; to try and at least salvage something