Confirmed Agents assigned to the quest disappear and quest fails

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Grimlore_LOA2, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Jorge New Member

Category: Quest
    Date/Time: Mon Jul 18 18:46:16 2022

Character: Level 116 Shadow Knight (Main)
    Zone: Guild Lobby

Description: Once again, an overseer quest has failed because it removed all the assigned agents from the quest. "Blood Drive" has failed. After 12 hours, I was refreshing some of my 12 hour quests and saw that "Blood Drive" no longer had agents assigned. Now that it has finished, it has failed. I and many others have reported this bug. It does not only occur on this quest.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

I did not note the other time I have seen it happen this year. I started Dragon's Hoard yesterday, Eastern on Luclin server, and logged in this morning the agents were blank and quest was failed.

Code:
    [Mon Mar 27 16:01:28 2023] You have started the Overseer quest Dragon's Hoard with the following agent(s): Avatar of Bristlebane, Glyphed Ghoul, Disciple of Tunare, Faerie Courtier, Unrest Noble, Orc Emissary.

[Tue Mar 28 08:15:16 2023] Ambassador D`Vinn has been recovered successfully.
    [Tue Mar 28 08:15:17 2023] Your available Overseer Quests have been rotated.
    [Tue Mar 28 08:15:17 2023] Ennixy Frennor has been recovered successfully.
    [Tue Mar 28 08:15:18 2023] Sister Daria has been recovered successfully.
    [Tue Mar 28 08:19:35 2023] Your Overseer quest Dragon's Hoard has been completed.
  3. Agrun Apprentice

I have had this problem with disappearing agents occur twice in the past few days. Prior to these latest occurrences, I had not seen this problem in quite a while.
    One of the occurrences I think was related to the quest being started right before, within 2 seconds, the quest rotation happened.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

That's an interesting thought. I cannot mirror your experience, my rotation was a ways off, though if the rotation is part of the culprit then duration before rotation at which you start the quest wouldn't matter as any rotation could bug the quest.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Just had my first overseer failure. As above, no agents in window at end. Im now at 138/1. I did not pay to end and never do.
  6. mewkus Augur

This bug's been around since Oct '21 (see another thread that pre-dates this one at https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/overseer-quests-with-no-agents.278393/).
    They indicated that the bug is still on their radar screen, but since then haven't given indications that they're really working on it.

I get this bug maybe once or twice a week and have given up trying to report it. I've learned to accept it as just another instance of a quest failure.

Although, after two and a half years, it's at least a little reassuring that they've managed to "confirm" it as a bug.