Confirmed Agents assigned to the quest disappear and quest fails

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Grimlore_LOA2, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't know about others, but across my three accounts, I now get almost an equal number of no agent failures as I get no agent successes (both critical and normal). If anything, I've noticed it leaning towards more successes than failures.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

had a critical win tonight, with no agents assigned.. that one blew my mind.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Now would be an excellent time for the devs to work on those communications skills they keep promising to get better at and give us an update to this issue.
    cadres and Barton like this.
  4. Barton The Mischievous

Had this happen multiple times over the weekend. Communication on the issue would be nice
    Joules_Bianchi and cadres like this.
  5. Barton The Mischievous

Today was really bad for this bug on FV had it happen to 3 out of 5 quests
  6. Thunderkiks Augur

Had this happen today on a rare recruit. 36 hours wasted. I should have just deleted it yesterday as I noticed it didn't have any agents listed but sometimes they do actually complete ok.
  7. Accendo Guest

The investigation and work being done on this issue is ongoing and has not fallen off the team's radar. We appreciate your patience.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Two days in a row ive had 12/24 agents dissappear on quests and twice even 4 failures is there a reason agents just dissappear on quests? hard to win with quest at 20% success rate and is there a ETA when this will be fixed kinda annoying always seems to happen to me on Research and Especially Recruit missions gonna suck if we get new recruit and agents go away and fail because its at 20% or lower.
    cadres likes this.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Had a new bug today.. should I start a new thread?
    Situation, No quests at ALL running, Overseer says I had 32 agents out questing.. not exhausted, discouraged etc.. QUESTING.. with no quests running.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  10. mewkus Augur

Considering this bug has been reported since October 28 (see https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/overseer-quests-with-no-agents.278393/ - with developer also making comments there), what is meant by "the team's radar"? Does that just mean there's a trouble ticket written up for it and it's sitting somewhere in the bug-fix queue? Or has a developer actually been trying to fix this for the past eight months without success?

And if you can sense the frustration in my post, I can confirm it is there. These bugs shouldn't take so long to get fixed.
    Moege, Elyssanda, Andarriel and 2 others like this.
  11. mewkus Augur

I don't know if this helps in diagnosing the issue or serve as a warning for which missions to not attempt...

As you choose which agents to send on the mission, if the 'clear' button poofs on you, all agents will drop from the mission prior to completion.
  12. Scila Augur

Not wanting to derail ... but ... this has the same "feel" as when some ppl had multiple corpses reappearing in the lobby. Corpses poof then reappear/rezzed then reappear - quests poof then reappear / fail then reappear.
  13. Malbro Augur

Overseer quest: information migration
    Time left on quest 8hrs 34 min.

NO agents assigned to quest according to DP. This will equal a failure.

Heading says you know about this bug, why isn't it fixed?
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's not necessarily going to be a failure. I get just as many successes and critical successes on tasks with the "no agents assigned" bug as I do critical failures.
  15. Wulfhere Augur

I have seen that quests that fail in this way have reappeared in my active quest list a day or 2 later. At such times I have e.g. 6 / 5 active quests and the extra one is the same as had previously bugged out. I have then completed the quest normally (with success).

Yesterday and today this happened with the event quest Groundwater Rising.

So it seems like an intermittent database transaction problem.
  16. Thunderkiks Augur

Happened to my Elite Recruitment Divine Intervention. All agents disappeared and it failed. Hadn't seen it sense then either :(
    cadres likes this.
  17. Scila Augur

2 failed so far this week with agents missing - today - 2 quests completely not there. Thinking there's a mix of things going on now.
    cadres likes this.
  18. cadres Augur

This bug disappeared for a couple of weeks (for me anyway).Now back with a vengeance, one of these missing agents quests for each of the past 3 rotations

What's happening re fixing this?
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  19. JorgeFerr New Member

Happened again, uncommon quest, no agents assigned to it. Still has over 5 hours to complete and let me know it's failed
    Category: Quest
    Date/Time: Thu Jul 14 00:47:28 2022

Character: Level 113 Berserker (Main)
    Zone: Guild Lobby

Description: Overseer quest "let the Light Shine" has no agents assigned to it. I have been reporting this for months, still not resolved. I have seen many reports on forum as well
    cadres likes this.
  20. cadres Augur

And another one for me this morning 'A touch of Valor' - all agents missing; quest fail