Test Update 03/01/2022 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Mojoslinger Elder

Eclipsed Light Chain Chest Ornament is missing the Shoulder Pads / Shoulder Guards on Trolls, kind of newish since T2 raids but figured I'd mention it here anyway
  2. Paladin Augur

RE: 23rd Anniversary Mission: Beyond Espoir

So, after having done this mission, I now have three icons on my buff bar. They are all called, "Cycle's Memory" and say they are "Permanent."

I can not click them off, nor cure them.

Is this supposed to happen? Does it have something to do with Salik?
  3. Paladin Augur

RE: Achievement "Stomples Day: Spring Cleaning"

Thinking that, like normal, the new Stomples Quest would be in an old world original zone, I went to the original Eastern Wastes.

I could not find the Quest NPC's. So I went to next EW and still no Quest NPC's.

It was not until I went to the newest version of EW (ToV) that I found the Quest NPC's.

The Achievement "Stomples Day: Spring Cleaning" is not clear enough as to which EW the Quests are in.

Maybe change the steps to say "...in Eastern Wastes (ToV)" rather than just "Eastern Wastes?"
  4. Paladin Augur

RE: Stomples Day Collects

Thinking that, like normal, the new Stomples Quest would be in an old world original zone, I went to the original Eastern Wastes.

While there I found a single Stomple's Day collect item and I ran the zone 2 or 3 times over.
    I eventually found the Quest NPC's in EW (ToV).

While doing two of the Stomples Quests (which involved a lot of run about in the zone), I found a grand total of 2 Stomple's Day Collects.

What zone are collects supposed to be found in? The original zone, or the ToV zone where the quests are (which would make more sense)?

Additionally, while I ran about, I did not see any of the normal ground spawns for the zone, at all.

* The Stomples Day Ground Spawn Collects seem way, way, way to rare, especially with so many Players trying to complete set in the short time Stomple's Day is active;

* The Stomples Day Ground Spawn Collects appear to be spawning, even though rare, in at least 2 of the 3 versions of EW;

* The Stomples Day Ground Spawn Collects appear to have fully supplanted the normal EW (ToV) Ground Spawn Collects.
  5. Pip Developer

The three spells you get tagged onto your character S H O U L D be removeable. I am looking into this.
    Lessw likes this.
  6. Paladin Augur

As a note, I did the mission twice. I left the 1 buff on me from the 1st mission, speculating it may help me get the Bonus Challenge. I got 2 more on me in 2nd mission, and still no Bonus Challenge credit.

Now they all three seem to be there for good.

I tried Purification, Splash, Radiant Cure and Clicking them off the buff bar, with no success. I see the 'Remove this Buff' selection when I right click the icon, but it is grayed out.
  7. Paladin Augur

RE: Stomple's Day - Here Comes Spring Task

During this Quest, you are to loot ten Speckled Green Eggs, and they do not stack.

I found this to be an odd item, as it seems overly designed for a loot-and-turn-in item.

They are turn-in items (you hand in all ten).

They do not come back into play for the Player, after that (even though one of the NPC's eats one of them, but that seems non-relevant).

The item has 5 Charges of "Consume the speckled green egg" on them. However, a Player can not click / eat the item because it is also an Attunable item, and there appears to be no way to attune it (equip it).

Was there an intended point / purpose for this item, other than just being a lot and turn in item? Perhaps it was intended for Players to click and be randomly illusioned as some other race?

Also, since the item does not stack, the NPC spams the next line of the Quest spam for each hand in: "Seymour Saxifragus says, 'Would you look at that? Have you ever seen such green eggs before? You didn't eat any, right? They look [poisonous].'"

Maybe make it so the next line of the Quest Spam is not triggered until the tenth egg is turned in?
  8. Paladin Augur

RE: Stomple's Day - Spring Fever

It was unclear as to what triggered this quest.

Hailing both NPC's did not result is a clear Quest Spam type response:

You say, 'Hail, Mei Glacierbane'
    Mei Glacierbane says, 'Hares, conies, and rabbits. Happy Stomples Day.'
    You say, 'Hail, Seymour Saxifragus'
    Seymour Saxifragus says, 'Happy Stomples Day. Keep an eye out for the rabbits.'

However, in short order, random Quest Spam did appear and I was able to get the Quest, by following the key words to the related NPC.

In Frontier Mountains, the Quest MOB's are not on Find, but I assume that is intentional, even though it is a HUGE zone for a non-tracker to play hide and seek in.

I did use my Ranger (max tracking), who had no issues finding all of the MOB's except one! Addpera did not show up on his track, at all.

Even when he was standing right beside Addpera!

My Ranger is Level 85, but another Level 113 Ranger in the zone saw it on track, no problem. Very odd.

So, tracking, at least for Addpera, seems hit or miss.

The Quest spam from Bonnie did not seem to be proper....

You say, 'Hail, Bonnie Saxifragus'
    Bonnie Saxifragus says, 'Hoppy [Stomples Day] to you.'
    You say, 'Happy Stomples Day to you too. Mei sent me to ask you about some supplies for a Springtime Concoction. Do you know what they are?'
    Bonnie Saxifragus says, 'Hrrm. Maybe? Can you tell me what [it's for]?'
    You say, 'It's for Seymour. He's turned green.'
    Bonnie Saxifragus says, 'A bit green around the gills or big, green, [and leafy]?'
    You say, 'Definitely big, green, and leafy.'
    Bonnie Saxifragus says, 'Ugh. He is so weird. I may know of something that might work. Let me see. Oh yes. You are going to need a few of my favorite things: [Fennie's Fillet], Newton's Eye, Gillet's Toe, Brasone's Wool, Treje's Tongue, and Zyzrker's Limb.'
    You say, 'That's great, but where can I find Fennie's Fillet?'
    Bonnie Saxifragus says, 'Oh, I love a [good fillet] of fennie. In fact, I always keep one with me.'
    You say, 'I love a good fillet. Could I have one?'
    Bonnie Saxifragus says, 'Absolutely. I always keep a few extra. As a side note, you can find all of them [out and about] during this season.'

Seymour turned into a Troll.... what does 'leafy' have to do with that? Was he supposed to turn into a Treant, and not a Troll?

Also, in one response she says 'fennie' -- shouldn't it be 'Fennie?"

The 2nd time into Frontier Mountains, you need to get another Fennie's Fillet from Bonnie, but the Player is not prompted by her, for that. Nor does she simply just hand the Player one.

So, instead, you have to hail her and go through her original Quest Spam to get another one.

Should she not either prompt (offer) the Player another Fennie's Fillet, or just hand them another one saying something like, "Here, I am sure you will need another one of these."?
  9. Kinadorm Augur

With the new UI changes I am unable to drag a ui element that does not have a title bar or border. Prior to this patch you could still drag a ui piece and move it by grabbing the top area where the title would be even though the title/border were set to false. Now the drag option no longer appears with the title/border elements hidden.
  10. Paladin Augur

RE: Bristlebane Day - Fun on the Run

I had no issues doing this task, but upon completing the final step I got a lot of spam that made no sense.

Other than the time codes, here is exactly what appeared in my chat window (in the order that it appeared):

Targeted (NPC): an infused alsa construct
    You begin casting Throw Pie.
    Your task 'Fun on the Run [96+]' has been updated.
    You have received a replay timer for 'Fun on the Run [96+]': 0d:18h:0m remaining.
    You have been assigned the task 'Even More Fun'.
    Your task 'Even More Fun' has been updated.
    Hoo hoo hoo. That was so much fun. Do you know what would be even more fun? Of course, you don't know, silly me. If you want to keep the fun rolling, take this flask, and mix up my Tobo's Oinomancy Obfuscating Tonic. I have listed who I want to receive it.
    You helped Tobo Gleemaker cause some fun by sharing tarts with lucky locals of the Sepulcher of Order.
    You receive 5 gold .
    You receive 212 platinum .
    You have gained 12 ability point(s)! You now have 126 ability point(s).
    You gain experience!

- A ton of task stages completed, and I just got the task auto assigned. It appears this is an inventory check for the initial collect steps, and you are automatically credited if you have any of them. As a note, I only had one of them.

- There is a spacing issue with the rewards at the end (the period is a space away from the last word of the sentence.)
  11. Paladin Augur

The downgraded graphics are barely noticeable.

I don't understand why another Sessiloid? 1750 Coins is a huge amount of effort for something so highly disappointing.
    Hobitses likes this.
  12. Hobs Elder

Yeah that thing is very ugly and undesirable. The only good thing about it is the mount buff but I will never actually ride it on any of my characters.