Test Update 03/01/2022 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 1, 2022.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Hobs Elder

Upon logging in every character is automatically given achievement for the 23rd anniversary events even if they haven't touched them in any way. No one should be able to do them yet since they don't unlock until tomorrow on Test. Assuming they didn't unlock early.
    Paladin likes this.
  3. Paladin Augur

Still missing achievements for 50K plus AA's.

Dev's?
    Hobitses likes this.
  4. Paladin Augur

RE: 23rd Anniversary Quest: Paintings Playing Poker.

For the Slug's Tavern step in Neriak - Foreign Quarter, the painting can be seen just up the steps inside the bar, but I got no update there.

So I went downstairs instead, and got the update down there (where the painting is NOT located or in view).
    Zieri likes this.
  5. Paladin Augur

For the The Toadstool Tavern step in Neriak - Commons, the emote for the update is:

'Toadstool Tavern has some of the best games of poker. The painting shows off some really fun guys.'

The only painting I see in the area of the update is that of a Butterfly.
    Zieri likes this.
  6. Paladin Augur

RE: New Mount from Anniversary Vendor.

Other than the associated Buff, the Magmatic Sessiloid Saddle looks exactly like the the Lava Sessiloid Saddle, also offered by the Anniversary Vendor.

Intentional?

Also... there does not appear to be a new Illusion, Familiar or Merc Contract offered.

Also intentional?
  7. Paladin Augur

RE: Calendar and Alert Notices

Both the in-game Calendar and the Alert Notice, for Anniversary events, say '14th through 21st.'

SUGGESTION: Change this '14th to Present' and it will not need to be updated every year.
  8. Paladin Augur

During this quest you are given a Memento Grog. It has no use for the Quest, it is Temporary and it isn't placeable. It appears to be just a drink and if you drink it ('Ahhh. That was refreshing.'), nothing special, adverse or beneficial seemed to happen.

Was there some purpose intended for this drink? Or....?
    Zieri likes this.
  9. Paladin Augur

When you get the quest, you see this:

"Big Slick Jones says, 'Great.' He passes over a card the size of a playing card, with a formal listing of all the great poker spots throughout Norrath. 'Take note of these and check out their paintings. Of course, if more were taken down, can ya let me know? I kinda miss 'em all.'"

If the card was supposed to be an actual item, I did not get one. If it is just virtual, all is good.
    Zieri likes this.
  10. Angahran Augur

If you are going to make a patch that effectively breaks almost every custom UI it would be nice to get a heads up about the change.
    Nothing in patch notes about removing to possibility of positioning buffs within the Buff/Short Duration Buff or Target windows.
    Strumph likes this.
  11. Paladin Augur

RE: 23rd Anniversary Quest: The Known Laws of Aviation.

Step 3 reads:

'Find Angler Suzelle on the Plane of Knowledge."

Should that be 'in'?

Upon doing Step 4 (give her a dinner)... she repeats her original hail spam along with the needed text:

You say, 'How about I buy you something else to eat?'
    Your task 'The Known Laws of Aviation' has been updated.
    Angler Suzelle says, 'Ahoy there! I could see that glimmer in your eye from afar, and I know exactly why you've come over here. You're here to [ask] me on a date, aren't you? I'm awfully flattered.' <-- repeated part
    Angler Suzelle an eyebrow. 'Are you sure you're not trying to take me on a date? This is an awfully roundabout way to do it. Truthfully, I am getting a little tired of eating seafood all the time. If you really want this fish, buy me a nice dinner. The baking supply merchants around here should sell what I want. I'd love a meat pie! Bring me a fresh one and I'll give you the sunfish.'

Once you have the three items, the next three steps say to Give them 'to the sphinxes.' While there are 2 other Sphinxes nearby, should this say, 'to Volantpiscis?" The task details in the window blow does say give them to Volantpiscis, which is correct.

After handing in the 3 items to Volantpiscis, the response reads, "Volantpiscis says, 'looks at the items approvingly. 'Admirable work. Allow me a moment to enchant these items.' The sphinx closes its eyes and begins to hum. Before you, the feathers form wings on the fish's back. The length of rope slips around the fish's body and the knot tightens. 'Quickly, grab hold of that rope before the fish flies off. Giraga will have to use that as a leash.' The fish awkwardly flops around in the sky. Its [wings] beat quickly trying to keep its flailing body aloft.'

Should not "looks" be "Looks?"
  12. Harris Augur

Well almost every patch breaks custom UI's. Was a very simple fix took all of 10 mins to fix all 3 windows. I was glad it was so easy, a lot of other ones in the past were a much longer harder fix.
  13. Qwalla Developer

These issues have been fixed and will be good for live. "Dank you for da help, Paladin. Yer real smart." - Giraga :D
    Paladin and Nennius like this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Can you post your changes at eqinterface.com? That way, those of us who are HTML challenged can borrow of your wisdom.
    Yinla and Svann2 like this.
  15. Nilwean Elder

Thanks for the missing type 3s, but this one is still missing:
    Druid: Irae Faycite Shard: Winter's Wildbrume
  16. Generic Name here New Member

17. Harris Augur

Strumph and Velisaris_MS like this.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

19. Angahran Augur

If you have an 'easy' fix for staggered buffs/sd buffs I would love to hear what it is.
  20. Harris Augur

Hmmm? I need to give that one a little thought. I might download your UI and give it a look tomorrow.
    Angahran likes this.