Test Update 03/01/2022 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Zieri Content Designer

Heya all! I'll see if I can address the Paintings issues. :)

The slug painting I originally based the coordinates on was down on the bottom level with Dran `slug` Rentor, which at the time could trigger slightly from the floor above that doesn't have a painting (oops!). That said, I did miss the top floor painting, so I've gone ahead and expanded the exploration area for you guys. This may mean you may trigger it on the middle floor without a painting around, but rest assured they are there.

In short, this is now fixed internally. Thanks!

I'm sorry for the confusion. I double-checked and there a painting of two black and red capped toadstools 'butting heads' over a game of poker. That said, the way the toadstool caps meet can look a little like a butterfly.

[IMG]

It's just a free (temporary) drink. Enjoy!

Nope, no actual item. It's a roleplay-style way of explaining how you got all of the info for your quest journal. ;)

I hope that helps for all of the Paintings issues. Thank you very much for the reports!
    Thunderkiks, RPoo and Paladin like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I let Aristo know. Unfortunately, it is unlikely to make it this patch.
  4. Paladin Augur

Ha! Toadstools! Maybe I need to zoom in more next time, LOL!
    Zieri likes this.
  5. Harris Augur

I now remember your UI, how can you work with this thing? I set up everything and still had UI errors because of the % you removed. It drives me crazy every time I loaded it again would have errors, I had to check each time to see if it was something I did or just your UI. I gave up after the 4th load. good luck though.
    I do not see how to work with it staggered. I would recommend making it not staggered and even buff labels align to right and odd number buff labels align to left I also put buff icons in a sub screen to have them in 2 rows, just made it faster before I got frustrated with the Errors and stopped trying.
  6. Forcallen Augur

The level 120 Necromancer spell Proclamation for Blood remains broken. This has been confirmed and tracked internally since at least December 7th, it was bugged multiple times in October prior to that.

Either a new Chaotic Power XI spell needs to be created with a 120 cap then attached to 120 Proclamation for Blood spell. Or just change Chaotic Power X to have a 120 level cap since its likely the easiest and fastest means to get this addressed. This error has been sitting around for 5 months now, fix it already!

Proclamation for Blood
    Classes: NEC/120
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 3568
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Poison
    Can Reflect: Yes
    Can Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Can Break Root: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 5.25s, Rest: 1.5s
    Recourse: Proclamation for Blood Recourse
    1: Decrease Current HP by 29834

[63475] Proclamation for Blood Recourse
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    1: Cast: Chaotic Power X (25% Chance) (v340)
    2: Cast: Chaotic Weakness X (1% Chance) (v340)

Chaotic Power X
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 60s+ (10 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 25 Matching Spells
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 60% to 190% (v124, Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)
    2: Limit Max Level: 115 (lose 10% per level)
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP less than -100
    4: Limit Min Duration: 24s
    5: Limit Type: Detrimental
    6: Limit Target: Exclude Caster AE
    7: Limit Target: Exclude Caster PB
    8: Limit Target: Exclude Target AE
    9: Limit Target: Exclude Old Giants
    10: Limit Target: Exclude Old Dragons
    11: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    12: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    Text: Quivering power pulses through your hands.
  7. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

Ranger's Summer's Torrent is also missing
  8. Paladin Augur

23rd Anniversary Mission: Beyond Espoir

--> There is a zone name inconsistency.

The Quest is called 'Beyond Espoir" - but when you zone in, it says, "You have entered Trial of the Cycle." And the zone you end up in is an instanced version of The Deep, which is the zone name you see when you pull up a list of Players in the zone. The Quest steps also say The Deep.

--> The Boss MoB's (all 4 of them) have an inconsistent con message:

"Jonus Siedel scowls at you, ready to attack -- looks like quite a gamble. (Lvl: 120)
    This creature looks relatively weak."

--> I does not appear MOB emotes were being captured in my EQ Log. I saw them in my chat window, but when reviewing logs, I don't see them there.

--> A primal soothesayer -- should be soothsayer?

--> During the Sineb battle, he calls for aid and emotes: "Primal forces protect bring me vitality! Ehayae sows..."

Shouldn't that read more like "Primal forces protect me and bring me vitality! Ehayae sows..."?

--> You have received a replay timer for 'Beyond Espoir': 0d:0h:2m remaining.

Intentional? If so, I love it!

Achievement: 23rd Anniversary Mission Challenges

--> Beyond Espoir in Jonus Bonus - Finish the fight at less than 50% hp

"...in Jonus Bonus?"

Is this an individual thing, or every group member must be below 50%?

SUGGEST (?): Beyond Espoir: Jonus Bonus - Finish the fight at less than 50% Health (Individual)

--> Beyond Espoir in Sly Lorelei - Kill her while her healing add is still alive

'...in Sly Lorelei?"

SUGGEST(?): Beyond Espoir: Lorelei Bonus - Kill her while her healing add is still alive

--> Beyond Espoir in The Incredible Salk - Get hit by each of Salk's area attacks

"...in The Incredible Salk?"

I saw a lot of emotes that seemed to be him using these attacks. But I did not get this Bonus credited to me. I had three "Spell: Cycle's Memory" icons on my buff bar, that all read the same, but had a slightly different graphic.

Is this an individual thing, or must the whole group get it?

SUGGEST(?): Beyond Espoir: Salk Bonus - Get hit by each of Salk's area attacks (Individual)
  9. Mrtyu Developer

Unintentional. This has been corrected.
    Paladin likes this.
  10. Angahran Augur

They added these useful 'append text' and 'prepend text' options but then don't use them :(
    Personally, a purely text label, like the '%', should not generate an error if it's not found.

I guess I should go in and add those sections back and just not use them, but it just feels wrong to have to add code that's useless.
  11. Harris Augur

I loaded a patch for the buff window I was doing, was about 95% done when I stopped, anyway it is here. https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6881
  12. Paladin Augur

Commemorative Coin Emote / Notice

The chat window spam for the Commemorative Coins you get from Anniversary Quests reads:

You receive alternate currency.

That's it.

1) Shouldn't this be more in line with recent changes that tells you how many you got and what type?

2) Shouldn't Perks apply (bonus currency)?

As it is, the only way to know for sure how many Commemorative Coins you got, is to make a note before you finish and then do the math after you finish.
  13. Angahran Augur

I went in and added back the unnecessary junk I had removed and just set it to zero size.
    I'll post the changes as a patch (may merge them when I upload next live build).
  14. Paladin Augur

23rd Anniversary Raid: Mad Emperor

The raid window says max 72 Players. Intentional? If so that's awesome. Goes back to the old PoP days of the original 72-Player raids!

Achievement: 23rd Anniversary Raid Challenges

The three steps of this Achievement all include questionable wording.

--> "Mad Emperor in Golems Apace - Kill each Golem before the next ones activate"

'In?"

Does more than one golem activate at a time?

SUGGEST: Mad Emperor: Golems Apace - Kill each Golem before the next one activates

--> "Mad Emperor in Mother and Son - Defeat Rile and Drusella within 60 seconds of each other"

'In?"

SUGGEST: Mad Emperor: Mother and Son - Defeat Rile and Drusella within 60 seconds of each other

--> "Mad Emperor in Everything for Last - Don't kill any of the golems until all of them are activated"

'In?"

SUGGEST: Mad Emperor: Everything for Last - Don't kill any of the golems until all of them are activated
  15. Paladin Augur

23rd Anniversary Observation / Concern

The 23rd Anniversary event seem to be severely lacking in unique item rewards, other than the loot from the Group and / or Raid (and let's be honest, from what I have seen so far, those items will be not be in much demand, except for Alts, maybe).

Normally, there is at least one unique item. Examples:

-Unified Phoenix Feather from the 22nd;
    -Mom's Love & Fancy Feast from 21st;
    -Platinum Cake Slice Ornamentation the 20th;
    -Extruded Black Pearl, The Bone Rod, Deep Caverns Collectors Case Trophy & Lost Wayfarer's Tent from the 19th
    -And so on...

There do not seem to be any such item(s), for the 23rd, it seems.

Staying on the 23rd theme, here are ideas for what I mean could have been done:

-Raid Achievement: Click Portal to Karnor's.
    -Paintings Playing Poker Quest: a unique placeable Poker Painting that is also a gambling clickie (ala Lucky Mitosing Coin or Pizmip's Prize Purveyor... but with much better / updated prizes).
    -Known Laws of Aviation Quest: A Flying Fish Mount, Familiar or House Pet.
    -Beyond Espoir Mission Challenges achievement: A click "offering" item that can be used for a 100% rez, once a week.

Additionally, I hear rumor that there may be a blanket generic hand-out reward to all characters that log in during the Anniversary events, and it award a Visage of the Stonegrabber and an XP Potion.

That is not a good idea.

What this actually means is that once this Anniversary is done, New Players and New Characters will never ever have the opportunity to get these items. This one-time-chance-to-get... ever... has never been a good idea, imo.

These items would be better served as one-time Quest awards, maybe.

Or... as a free Marketplace Purchase that shows up every year, from now on.
  16. ShadowMan Augur

Can one of you poke Aristo to get the below fixed for live patch next week?

17. Thrudd New Member

Currently, the Ardune server is not on the list for transfers from Agnarr.
  18. klanderso Developer

It'll be fixed with the update (we can't change that with the Test update).
    Yinla and Thrudd like this.
  19. Strumph Augur

I see it on Tabool Groutfist. It gives 1,146 to burn and splash.
  20. Cadira Augur

[IMG]