Fixed Internally Ka Vethan Instance respawning

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Dharken, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Dharken Elder

Title says it. Mobs appear to be respawning and I dont believe this is intended.

Any chance we could actually make this intentional for collection capability?
  2. zleski Augur

This certainly surprised me! Running to pull and the bard got whacked by backspawns. Now it makes farming collects super easy.
  3. Dragnath Elder

This is why we can't have nice things...
    Fenthen and Velisaris_MS like this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Oh cmon man. Obviously intended.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Knowing when to complain about something...and when not to...is an art form.
  6. Rolaque Ancient

It's recognizing the difference between a bug and a feature. You might want a bug fixed, unless you intend to exploit it. Then you might decide to call it a feature which is working as intended.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Its really no biggie. You dont get a lockout from farming the trash so if they didnt respawn its just trivial to drop instance and get a new one. Yes its less tedious to get respawns, but thats just good. Plus you could argue there is less stress on servers since they dont have to recreate the instance over and over. Maybe this is an experiment and next time they can do it this way for all collection missions.
    Dragnath likes this.
  8. Dharken Elder

I think we have all learned they like to suspend for stupid reasons. Imagine just killing the respawns and being called an exploiter. Report it, fix it or label it intended. Dont be salty.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

^^
  10. Absor Developer

This is really weird. I'm still looking into why this might be going on, but all the usual things seem fine.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Absor Developer

Figures. The moment I wrote that it occurred to me what I was doing wrong. I'll get this fixed.
    Axxius, alanus, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  12. Dragnath Elder

It saddens me how quickly an "issue" that could benefit some players is addressed yet others can go so long with no feedback.

Oh well... I guess back to instance flipping.
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Nobody wants you to fix it, dude. But sure, go head and keep treating players like the enemy. You've been doing it for 20+ years...why stop now?
    Mesil and Fenthen like this.
  14. Morigaine Elder

Absor - there is another game breaking issue that is benefiting players. Players have too much money because they can’t buy type 3 augs. You should probably fix that asap too!!
    Marton, Dragnath and Fenthen like this.
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

WTB guild hall bankers to be fixed as ongoing for a year.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

I finished getting my collections from this, but the fact things did respawn (and quickly) certainly surprised me at first.
    I would personally prefer things I kill in missions to stay dead.
  17. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

its not just Ka Vethan, the Oubliette instance also respawns. Of course, there's no real reason to fight there since collectables dont drop there.

But having respawns .. why worry about it? I like being able to XP without having to worry about trains, and my PC freezing monetarily every time someone's bot army zones in.
    Velisaris_MS and Svann2 like this.
  18. Raccoo Augur

What is broken?
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's why there's no reason to "fix" this...it doesn't hurt anyone.

Being able to grab an instance and burn a lesson for AA in peace without having to worry about lag or idiot players or constantly moving around or waste time on a named is a glorious thing. Just settle into a corner somewhere, pop Lesson, and pull/kill non-stop for half an hour without having to bother with anything.

Why devs like Absor think players don't deserve something like that is beyond me.
    Marton and Dragnath like this.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath