GH Banker + Guild Banker not retaining race/gender changes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Fenthen, Nov 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenthen aka Rath

Using the Convoluted Assistant Appearance Augmentater on the Parcel Delivery Liason and General Supply Merchant will allow for the race/gender to stay changed. However the human female (a guild banker) and male erudite (a personal banker) are not retaining their appearance when the Guild Hall instance closes (due to everyone leaving the GGH) and re-opens.

I have tried changing their race to a number of different things, and the only retaining factor is the armor color is kept. Saving a layout doesn't help either. I've put them in storage and re-placed, I've moved them to inventory and re-placed, nothing seems to help these two. The back-end seems like it remembers I changed one to, for example, a male ogre, because the race cycle picks up as if it was an ogre, but visually it's a female human until I start cycling its race again.

If it helps, I am using a Palatial Guild Hall, I have not tested on Modest or Grand ones yet.
    I am guessing this broke around the time when we could no longer rotate merchants/pets in guild halls. That was fixed a couple of months ago. Other changes in the GH are working just fine: new items, items being moved around, etc.

I have another guild hall (established over a year ago) where all of the NPCs are changed just fine, and there's no issues with them. I'm a little hesitant to put them in storage and then place them back out, for fear they'd become bugged.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Nah, it was broken long before that. I purchased my first guild hall many years ago and it never worked then.

Figured it wasn't a big deal and maybe was working as intended since the description says: This complex device allows you to modify the appearance of some guild hall assistants. So maybe not all. Shrug

I even posted in that old bug tracking site we used to have but it never even got looked at.

Here is someone who had the same issue in 2013
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...uted-assistant-appearance-augmentater.200609/
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, it's been this way for quite a while. The parcel merchant, general merchant, and tribute masters can all be changed and they stay changed, but the bankers always revert.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

I have a smaller GH where the guild + personal bankers ARE changed, and have been that way for over a year. I made a new GH about a month ago and they've been problematic. So some time between early 2020 and whenever.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.