Next round of TLP suggestion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by likestobox, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Triconix Augur

I don't see anything wrong with that, however, it doesn't take that many hours to level. 65-70 took like 4.5 hours with a regular grind session with a group in pofire. If a person cannot play 4-6 hours in 3 months than that individual really isn't in the demographic for a TLP.

They can always have one TLP that has the "normal" unlocks you see for most of them. The usual 12/8 cycle. They can have a sister TLP that simply multiplies it by 1.5 for for the more casual crowd. 18/12 should be long enough timeframes for any casual to do whatever they need in any given expansion.
    Kazint likes this.
  2. skattabrainz Augur

I know I'm not the only one who falls behind on the TLPs sometimes breakneck pace. And who doesn't necessarily want to take PTO from work for a tlp release. What if they gated player progress on a server?

Something like:

.Starts w Kunark unlocked
    .For the first week of release the max player level is 20
    .Each week the max level on the server increases by 10.
    .At the end of week 5 when people are able to be max level, start the clock on unlocking Velious. Say 2 months
    .In any expansion that raises level cap from this point, since they're all 5 or 10 level increments, make max level gained 5 a week for the first two weeks for that expansion
    Or something?
    Soulsiphon likes this.
  3. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Yes. Let's do that.
  4. TheTone Elder

Fair point - but I hung around my guild and picked up raid scraps on Mangler and it just wasn't fun. I've decided in the future I'm either with the main raiding squad or I'm probably just going to continue casually playing on emulated servers that are frankly pretty fun.
  5. TheTone Elder

Fair - but when I said "max level" I actually intended to mean "Max Level + Most AAs + Some decent gear so that I won't insta-die on raids" and second I was actually being slightly facetious (because, you know, the internets) - I can get to max level + most AAs in era, but it's typically with about 2-3 weeks left and my guild is prepping for the next xpac and not raiding as much.

In any case, no one wants to hear my pity party - just gimme dat catchup mechanic and put me down for (2) on the next TLP!
  6. PatCleric Healer of Aradune

I've decided: next server is just fully unlocked live server. everything in. mounts, mercs, defiant gear, hot zones. keep it all. But no transfer to server, no heroic characters, everyone starts at lvl 1 and it just burn straight to the top.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Let's go next TLP with faster experience rates.
    Bye mischief I enjoyed the unlimited plat and krono. :D
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

LLP (Level Locked Progression) server

All expansions unlocked but levels are "locked" and are opened on a progression-schedule, that way you have all classes (& class/race combinations) available right now in from the start on this new progression server.

Things that could be unbalancing could be set against level unlocks rather than expansiosn - one such example could be defiant gear being tied to level 75 unlocking rather than to TSS.
    Another example would be Mercenaries, because if they were available from the start they would need a large retune because the Tank merc especially is pretty overpowered at low levels so they could perhaps need to be left until level 85 unlocks.

Idea was floating around in many different permutations for years before I put my own spin on it:

Since creating that post I would also like to see the server start as Truebox, but then switch off Truebox as soon as level 70 unlocks.
    code-zero, Tweakfour17 and wade_watts like this.
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

The only mechanical issue I see with a LLP server is auto-grant AA. If all expansions were unlocked, you'd never need to do AA xp since you'd get them all each ding. So they would need to have an alternate method to grant up to "level-5" instead.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

Although a server where you don't need to grind thousands of AA would be appealing to alot of people, playing around with an unfamiliar class on live was always a mess when I'd level up and have to filter through the auto grant spam to determine if I got anything new to activate or how current hotkeys changed.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Fair point, they would need to set aa autogrant to be level unlock rather than expansion unlock, so 10-15 levels behind rather than the 3 expansions or whatever is used presently.
  12. Corydon Augur

"Nice" post. You just sound like some forum loser...
  13. Abundant Elder

We just suffered through garbage Mischief already. Hardest pass. Stay in no talentsville please.

Phinny or similar ruleset ftw. Easy stuff.
  14. Bailen Augur

I think longer lock outs for the early expansions aren't a bad idea, and leveling rate that's a little closer to the way it was in the old days.
  15. Jimmy2times Elder

Just thought I'd throw my idea in since there are a lot here.
    OoW locked server pretty please... with slower unlocks.
    I know people just love to race to 120 for some reason. I no longer am interested in that era of EQ.
    Nighthawk likes this.
  16. Corydon Augur

Good to see so many OoW-locked server advocates :D
    Jimmy2times and Nighthawk like this.
  17. Xanathol Augur

Most folks I know never want to play on another server without free trade and/or Mischief loot rules, so that's a must. Unlocking all classes on launch is a simple implementation and one that has been requested forever, so that's next. Even if those things were done though, I personally don't see any way to interest myself or many others in another TLP unless something new and 'crazy' was implemented (ex. characters choosing two classes); there's only so many times players want to run the same treadmill, though TLPs have proven that number to be higher than first thought.
  18. Nighthawk Lorekeeper

It's just a good idea as it is a continuation of the Agnarr concept and won't require a lot of dev time to get it set up properly.
  19. Zinth Augur

should go back to the old style unlocks and timers... do naggy/vox/phinny 30x to unlock to Kunark, do 30 of each epic 1.0 to unlock from Kunark to Velious, make it only count on the vox/naggy if they are full raids and such later on we can adjust to needing maybe 40 clears of PoTime, 10 clears of the GoD raids, 40 clears of king/queen in OoW :D so you can "race" but everyone has time to do the raids before next expansion unless they are like super duper ultra casual family style guilds with no raiders

could also add in that each guild max count X amount of times for each expansion (adjusted to fit the active numbers of guilds later on so Triumvirate and that other very hard raid in uhm TBL? only needs to be done maybe 3x totalt, by any guilds before next expansion unlocks... then when unlocked the 1 month counter starts just like the old days...
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  20. Corydon Coles Elder

OOOoo. You want a cool idea??? ... That has not been said before (except by me.)
    Guilds will like this plan as well and people will line up to join the successful
    PERSONAL Expansion unlock ONLY when you get flagged as killing that EXPAN boss, such as Eye of Veeshan in EQ original