PoP Loot Tiers.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zandermill, Dec 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

2. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I see Rhaliq Trell (2nd of HoH trials) is listed in bucket 1, is it actually dropping loot? On live, that raid has no loot attached (I bugged it to no avail)
  3. Catashe Augur

some what I've seen so far.. if you don't count the key mobs.. your looking at 2 MAYBE 3 buckets from what I've seen loot wise.. if you want i can show you my list and only 2 bucket lists where the gear you want that'll matter... assuming you don't count phase 3 time since its mostly on its own now with Ngreth's changes
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

No, corrected. Alekson's mini named were dropping random loot (Carpin cycle which may have been removed entirely from random table). I don't think anything from the Rhaliq trial had a signficant loot drop.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  5. Catashe Augur

6. TLP Addict Augur

Any change that results in krono lords having to get jobs working the drive thru at Taco Bell is a good change in my opinion, keep em coming.
  7. a_librarian Augur

I think people who are on the server to make real money will be just fine with potential ~50 krono items dropping from bosses they can kill with 2-3 groups of unflagged 65s. The guys botting entire raids can get many DZ clears a week of those targets.

It's good that the supply of time chase items should be higher but the majority of these won't enter the market. Prices and demand for shinai/TA/serpents/DBoW etc will probably stay stupid high for months. Krono lords are gonna do just fine.

I do enjoy how every change people dislike is 'the fault of the bots/hackers', and every change they like 'will really stick it to the bots/hackers'. The RMT pros will make their money and be given space to operate by Daybreak.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

Funny thing is, most of these guys complaining will be the first to drop 50 krono on an item from one of those farmers.
  9. HeatherPurrs Augur

The real problem with the bot issue is that botting is so easy now the leat informed people in the world can play EQ at a high level.

This is bringing in people who's only interest in EQ is making money and there is no learning curve for them to do that. They down load some software and read for an hour and that can make money.
  10. Gheed Is not reading your response

GET THEM LOOT TIERS FIGURED OUT GUYS

SUPRISED YOU ARENT ON THE PAYROLL YET
  11. FranktheBank Augur

It's strange to me that everyone is screeching about the "top guilds" making things their way. Or that botters are getting their ideal scenario.

If Grummus is dropping Time loot, the top guilds are in a MUCH better position to take advantage. They can like... 20 split Grummus lol.

Botters arent really gonna care... because they are botting. They will just do what they want to complete.
  12. Loki4567 Lorekeeper

Honestly...

It's about perfect. There's room for tweaks around the edges, but generally speaking the chaos has been a lot of fun. There's also an incentive to do something other than raid time then log off for a week a few months from now.

I think they stumbled into a way to mitigate the time/raidlog/burnout/lose interest death loop that strikes mid PoP.

Good work so far Ngreth.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

Frank, your mistake is arguing in good faith. You are taking their word that they think the problem is top guilds or botters. The reality is they want loot with little to no effort. They don't really care who farms what as long as they can play for two hours a week and get the best gear. These are the same people that, no matter how high the exp rate, hit the forums to cry when there is a bonus weekend that THAT should be the actual rate.
  14. Pappasalt Augur

He just never stops lol
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Removing loot that someone possibly traded krono for would be a bad idea. How much of that loot that dropped was immediately traded away due to the fear that it could be removed but the trades wouldn't be undone?
  16. Elite_raider Augur

The way the loot is now with the "total" randomness has been a blast, yes we get some mobs with crap loot that no one bids for, but we also get some amazing loot and it feels so much better when it drops, everyone in the guild LOVES this randomness, keep it up! :D
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  17. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Based on being a S tier raider myself, I love the wild mischief and my pockets keep getting heavier. Keep it going!
    Gheed and Indigo_Quarmite like this.
  18. Kahna Augur

I want the Rogue dagger off Inny. There are 40 mobs that can drop it. That means that every time I kill one of those mobs it has a 1-3 in 40 chance of rolling Inny (since mobs can roll more than one mob's worth of loot) then it also has to roll the dagger, because the dagger isn't the only thing on Inny's loot table. The chances of the dagger actually dropping off of any individual mob is extremely low. Now multiply that by every slot I need to fill. If you seriously think that anyone is going to get full BIS raiding 2 hours a week with the current lay out, I have a bridge to sell you.

Smaller loot pools would actually make it easier to get the good items, these huge pools are going to have a lot of trash dropping, and there really isn't a way to avoid that and concentrate your kills the way there was in Luclin. If Time loot only dropped in Time raiders could spend a lot less time raiding to get what they want. It would be easier than the current set up.

And I have never complained about the exp rate. kkthxbye.
  19. Trevalon Augur

Honestly, if those are the tiers, this is kinda dumb. To clear all of time and get a bunch of T1 loot wouldnt be "fun" or "mischevious" it would be dumb and annoying.

All these tiers do is basically force guilds into farming 40 mobs every single week. Bleh...nothing about that sounds fun. There was a logical way to do tiers in PoP that would have made a lot of sense, but this just doesn't.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  20. Kahna Augur

Nothing forces you to kill 40 mobs. Kill the mobs you want to and get loot. If you leave some mobs on the table oh well. You're not going to get everyone BiS before GoD but you don't need to and everyone will get at least a couple good pieces.
    Elite_raider likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.