PoP Loot Tiers.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zandermill, Dec 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quiver New Member

I'm going to enjoy watching the min/max bot try hards whine and moan about the poors getting good loot.
  2. Risiko Augur

Every time I see someone come to the forums to complain about these sorts of things when an expansion opens up, it makes me want to scream.

All you are doing is making sure that this gets CHANGED, so that those people who got there day one have got the benefit while everyone else gets screwed in to having to go through a crap ton of flagging to get the chance at that same loot. And, on top of that, you will be back here complaining in a few weeks about those same people who got it day one selling those uber loots for insane prices.

For the love of God, please stop ruining things for everyone other than the 1% by racing to the forums to point out the cool things that being on a RANDOM LOOT server gives you. Accept that it is a RANDOM LOOT server, and stop screwing it up for everyone.
    Barton and oldkracow like this.
  3. Spooky Augur

Relax buddy the game is literally 20 years old
  4. Zott New Member

Velious was fine, but Luclin wasn’t chill so much as dull and tedious. Farming the same boring bosses for the same boring loot it was excruciating. At least we’re getting some surprises again in PoP.

Mischief is less fun when it’s micromanaged to death by spreadsheet nerds figuring out the “optimal” arrangement of loot.
  5. Noonian Lorekeeper

T1 Tiers will still be a challenge. Almost all T2 and below in Luclin was easy sauce should be the same per xpac on this server like it has been.
  6. Machen New Member

I'd love to see the group that could make it through all five p1 trials in era in time to hit p2.
  7. Gheed Is not reading your response

I think its freaking awesome guys! Your server rules!
  8. verbatim Elder

Im am all for having time loot drop outside of time, I just don't think anything p4 and up should drop outside of the elemental planes, much less grumus, caprin or the hob goblin event. I like that there are more good targets in POP vs luclin, but I also am wary of how much the of the normally good targets will be polluted with group, and entry level raid mobs.

The issue here honestly isn't even that its spread over almost everything, its just how evident it is that it doesn't seem like they put any effort into the design of random loot for pop period. It honestly just looks like a script was run over the weekend to build the pools and nobody that actually understands POP progression, or the content itself took time to go through the different randomized events/mobs.

I really just want to see that they are investing in this ruleset, otherwise if this is the best they are willing to do going into future expansions it gives me little confidence that they will remedy genuine bugs the ruleset will inevitably introduce.

This isn't really about you or me. What happens in the first few days of the expansion honestly doesn't matter in terms of gearing for really any guild or person. What matters is how much of a tedious grind this type of implementation will become when so much junk is mixed in with stuff that is actually desirable to people. To you random might mean I kill a group event mob and it drops p4 loot. To me the best vision of random loot has always been that you go to a raid target and while randomized it will probably drop something good for someone. Its fun to go to time and kill a p4/p5 target and have it drop your bis from another target in p4/p5. It makes every mob there interesting, and it means if your bis didn't drop from the original target mob it could still drop from the others. Its not fun to raid plane of time and get empty loot tables, grumus, and caprin loot.
  9. theonepercent Augur

It is to me. Like every other time this gets brought up if you only want PoT loot from PoT go play somewhere else.
    Barton and Zott like this.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

Usually those saying it is fun to get bottom tier loot off of the highest level mobs, never kill the highest level mobs.
  11. verbatim Elder

If you want your loot to just be handed to you there are better MMOs for that too :p.
    Duder and Gnothappening like this.
  12. Duder Augur

You are happy painting yourself as a victim aren't you? So, when will you learn to parcticipate on day 1? Broken content is broken content. You just want equal opportunity to bask in the brokeness? Keep posting posters, you're doing great work.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Enjoying the level 50 group named loot off PoFire minibosses.
    Risiko likes this.
  14. Zott New Member

Consider it your penance for ruining Luclin.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I ruined Velious AND Luclin sir, please get your lore correct.
  16. Zott New Member

You only get half credit for Velious cause Yelinak single-handedly saved the expansion.
  17. Stormblossom Elder

Just throwing a hearty 'attaboy' to whomever decided putting the random back into the random loot servers was a good idea for PoP. This kind of thing is exactly why I signed on for a wacky Bristlebane influenced ruleset.
    Risiko and Barton like this.
  18. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Out of curiosity, are the PoTime backflags (Time Phased Quintessence) dropping off other raids?
  19. Gnothappening Augur

I think grummus dropped it.
  20. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

That's kinda amusing. Doubt it was intended, but amusing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.