Biggest Cheater on Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Aug 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What fraud? They don't claim to be able to catch 100% of the cheaters and EQ is far from the only online game to have this issue.

The rules are in place so that they can punish people when they get caught not to claim that they can prevent everyone from doing it.
    Karreck and Skuz like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Karreck and CatsPaws like this.
  3. Rhythar Augur

1) I never said you said how profitable it was to the company overall, but I don't want anyone thinking that mass botting is strictly good for business.

2) There seems to be something very wrong with the company management. I think they are making bad decisions that end up hurting the company financially in the long run.

3) As for bad press, you're looking at it. I'll be making sure that everyone knows the bad things the company is doing. You can also hear about it on reddit, glassdoor, and the bbb.

4) As for criminal stuff, the company is claiming that certain rules will be enforced, having people pay for that, and then not enforcing those rules. It looks like fraud to me.
  4. Rhythar Augur

I know they can't get everyone. I also don't expect them to police anything. However, I do expect them to take the appropriate action within a reasonable amount of time when provided good evidence of cheating. They don't do that. They intentionally let people who overbox and automate on Aradune continue cheating for months on end. That's what turns it into fraud.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

6. Tweakfour17 Augur

1. Sue for fraud
    2. Buy EQ with winnings
    3. Profit?
  7. Febb Augur

8. Rhythar Augur

The company is advertising certain rules to attract customers to play its game. It's then billing the customers but not delivering on its promise. How does that not qualify for fraud?
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

1) Who is claiming that mass botting is good for business? I don't see anyone making that claim.

2) Considering how activity in the game seems to be increasing and they managed to get purchased by a company looking for their IP suggests they are doing okay. Just because you are not happy with what is happening doesn't make it bad. In the end management's goal is to keep making money which they seem to be doing.

3) Random reddit threads is bad press? As for glassdoor and the BBB I don't think you will find many (if any) players who would look at those sources for playing a game.

4) Claiming rules will be enforced? Just because they have rules in place doesn't mean that they will catch everyone. Also just because a player thinks they see evidence of rules being broken doesn't mean that the GM's don't see something different. In the end they are never going to ban a player based on the word of another player as that would lead to massive abuse.
  10. bardybard Augur

You really need some good, professional help there man
  11. Rhythar Augur

Glassdoor was very illuminating for me. I highly recommend people check it out.

And I don't expect them to catch every cheater. I only expect them to put in a good faith effort, which they are not doing.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They suspended over 100 players recently and another 20 the month before that. There are a lot of suspensions and bans going on individually that YOU do not know about.

Just because they did not address your complaint does not mean they are doing nothing.

You are not the only player in the game and your server is not the only server.

EQ is like life:

You take the good
    You take the bad
    You take them both and there you have the facts of life
    The facts of life
    There's a time you got to go
    And show you're growin'
    Now you know about the facts of life
    The facts of life
    When the world never seems
    To be living up to your dreams
    Then suddenly you're finding out
    The facts of life are all about you, you

Personally I think you are just yanking everyone's chain on here. Either that or your a failed lawyer turned failed police officer turned failed security guard.
  13. Rhythar Augur

I know the GMs enforce some rules on a regular basis, but there are other rules that they don't seem to enforce at all.

And I'm not sure what I said that you don't believe.
  14. Machen New Member

The GM's suspend people all the time for afk play. Just not people you petition. You seem to have missed the lesson of the boy who cried wolf.
  15. Rhythar Augur

When it comes to single boxers, the rules are more consistently enforced.
  16. Machen New Member

None of the people I mentioned are single boxers.
  17. Rhythar Augur

Well, that makes concisely summing up GM policy more difficult, but it's good to know.
  18. Panikker Elder

Boxers and krono farmers ARE NOT THE PROBLEM !!!
    The problem is all those who support them !!!
    Want to get rid of boxing farmers and camp farmers ?? Stop using krono , PL services and other crap and only buyfrom guild / hold guild PL days and other services to guild members.
    unreal ?? yea ...but if they (farmers) don't have an economy they have no reason to exist.
    Will this ever happen ? No !! there always going to be people with big RL big pockets and don't care about the game economy. It's like a doctor telling a patient they have high cholesterol and borderline diabetic. And the person chooses to live the rest of the lives on pills (ever increasing dosage I may add) rather than kill the urge to eat at fast food restaurants and not exercise. Why? , cause is easy to pop pills and the golden arches food taste delicious and exercising is hard work LOL who's to blame for that person getting sick?
    Same problem ...who's to blame for the rise of farmers and AFK farming and PL services?
  19. Febb Augur

That's not fraud. What you are describing is false advertising. They sell you subscriptions to play the game on their network. You accept the game as is when you pay for the subscription regardless of what in game services are available or what content is available.
  20. Machen New Member

Not even false advertising. They never advertised that they would respond to every petition, nor did they advertise that the particular cheaters he is complaining about would be banned. You have to fail to deliver on a very specific promise to be guilty of false advertising.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.