Vi Xi Aten Ha Ra resetting mid fight

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Hamshire, May 15, 2021.

1. Hamshire Augur

All through out Luclin Vi Xi Aten Ha Ra in Vex Thal has been resetting mid fight. We tried different tank positions, making sure everybody is in the room and nothing seems to help and it seems to happen completely at random. A hand full of bosses in Vex Thal cast the spell Fling which Flings people into the air including the boss and we believe this is what is causing this particular boss to reset at random.
    Chanaluss, Duder, Brazy and 2 others like this.
  2. Hamshire Augur

Aten Ha Ra also just flung herself through the wall at 30% after fighting her for 20minutes then ended up in Kaas Thox Xi Ans Dyek room at which point she summed me down then reset.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Which server?

Not had this happen on AB when I killed her this month and last....Still no earring!
  4. Hamshire Augur

Happening a lot on Rizlona and happened once with Aten on Phinigel
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You probably don't see the gravity flux when you kill the mob in under a second at level 115.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

The ceiling is a dome. Keep VXAHR in the center of her room and she will come straight down and not warp to another room.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

^ This is the way. During Luclin on Mangler we pulled her to a corner precisely one time. Ate a DT/reset. Once we started doing the fight in the center of the room and keeping a close eye on push, we never had her reset again.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Was on level 85 mage and she saw the grav flux a few times
  9. Hamshire Augur

I believe with Vi Xi Aten Ha Ra that its just gotten worse over time, I have tanked VT on multi TLs and its never been like this before. Ive positioned her to the left, to the right, in the middle, at her spawn and none of it matters. In OW we had it reset up to eight times on us then another guild went after her and she did the same exact thing to them no matter the positioning. People have said maybe its cuz a toon was still left in the prep room as well and its turned into tinfoil hat ideas at this point. I even came up with the idea to keep her bone melted the whole fight to maybe keep her size small enough so that it hit the reset point.
  10. Sythrak20 Elder

You're seeing it on Rizlona more because often people are using the auto shrink plugin from that shall not be named. It doesn't actually shrink your character server side but it can sometimes put you halfway into the floor. Mini thinks you're through the floor when you land after a fling and DT's you. Turn it off and you should see it much less.
    Mithra likes this.
  11. Hamshire Augur

I do see what you are saying but I tank these personally and shrink with Shadow Hive Bracer so unless those not tanking is causing it which I don't see how it would then it's not this.
  12. Hamshire Augur

Vi Xi Aten Ha Ra reset once again tonight, going to record a video to submit next week if I remember.
  13. ViciousEQ Elder

This mob in Vex thal Gravity Flux's/Flings herself when she flings players as well. this is sometimes causing her to reset as the zone things she has left her allowed area. She then DT's a target and resets to full health starting the right over.

Suggestion: increase the z axis range Va Xi Aten Ha Ra is allowed to exist in so she stops reseting.on people.
    Kenuven, Nome, Ravanta Suffer and 2 others like this.
  14. Quickwind New Member

Are all of your melee/tanks shrunk? Had a similar issue but once I stopped being lazy and got my other groups shrink pots it fixed it. Seemed to be due to collisions when the mob was coming back down.
  15. ViciousEQ Elder

We seem to have good luck when the tank stands at max melee range from the mob, its a delicate balance in that room, but it seems to have helped. We still see a Mini Aten reset to full health at least once a week though while fighting her in the dead center of her room.
  16. ViciousEQ Elder

Reset twice on us in our instance this week.
  17. Hamshire Augur

18. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Noticed the blobs were gfluxing themselves too when I blew through VT on live server. May not be causing issues, but definitely not the way things worked previously.
  19. ViciousEQ Elder

Making the mobs immune to their own gflux would definitely help resolve this as well.
  20. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I think you're right that it would help to mitigate the issue. But at what cost? Sure, it can really suck to have to kill mini aten twice (or a blob...yuck) but here me out.

I'm sure it's really fun to backstab or dragonkick* a boss in midair. I worry about taking that fun away from people.

*whatever monks are using nowadays, I dunno, I'm not a monk.