We wanted you to think outside the box but...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Faydra Augur

Once players better understand the mechanism to which they assigned randomness to the loot, whether it be level range based, tier based, or otherwise - there will be people capitalizing on it to get the pieces of loot they are most interested in. You can count on it.
    Montag likes this.
  2. Montag Augur

Exactly, which is why they had to nerf AOE.
  3. Faydra Augur

I mean, if you want to believe that was the reason, then okay. AE'ing is about XP rate more so than loot.
  4. Kylo Classic Augur

How do you know they won't drop frequently? You don't. Talk about not seeing the bigger picture.
    code-zero and Faydra like this.
  5. code-zero Augur

The augs will drop somewhere and they will then be available for sale by the classes that do not need or want those AC augs.
    Skuz and Faydra like this.
  6. Lejaun Augur

I would prefer this photo potato to have bacon, butter, cheese and sour cream.
    Skuz, code-zero and Gremin like this.
  7. Lejaun Augur

BiS items are seldom as important as we usually place on them.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

Easy fix, don't play on it. Karendune sounds like the perfect server for you.
    Skuz and Faydra like this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Yep.

anti-fv rules would be interesting and a terrible idea in terms of profit for DPG. I'd play TLP with rules like:
    • Everything no drop
    • Corpse permalocked on death
    • max party size of 3
    SunDrake likes this.
  10. SunDrake Augur

.. and I'd watch you play it :p But yeah, that one comes right before the PVP TLP launch.
  11. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

those rules don't surprise me coming from one of the biggest boxers in EQ history (Tucoh), you want a server where you can Sell Loot rights to practically everything and not have to worry about an open market with more competition.
  12. SunDrake Augur

Maybe I am just missing something, but I think if Tuco was an RMT kingpin he'd have better gear. And he'd raid. And not post how-to's.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

Lejaun why are you so upset? In almost all of your posts you are trying to discredit this server and the player base who is excited for it. Just because people are tired of the poopsock TLPs doesn't mean they are all entitled like you seem to suggest.
    Faydra likes this.
  14. yerm Augur

Maybe the man needs a new bumper and the price of wood is really high these days, ok?
    Tucoh likes this.
  15. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

He only posts what he wants everyone to see. All the other shady stuff is kept off the forums
  16. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

Me too better xp and all rare mobs have 2 extra loot pieces.
  17. Lejaun Augur

Thanks for the attempted attack. You aren't correct about your assumption. I have a lot of enthusiasm and hope for the server. Thanks, drive through, have a good day.
  18. SunDrake Augur

I mean, that would make sense. But I've actually seen his characters. They were not raid geared. He wasn't filming, so there'd be no reason to dress down in group gear at random times. Unless you mean he has another crew, which he acknowledges he does, and they are also group geared. Seems like a lot of crap when he could just not do that.. either way, he's a skilled player and has been helpful to a lot of the EQ community, so that's kinda where I'm at. :p

Edit: and its not a knock, but having seen pictures of his set up it doesn't scream "This is equipment that I use to make money." Unless that set up is also a decoy.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Are you seriously ragging on someone's Baked Potato filling preferences?

You cracked me up.
  20. Lejaun Augur

Ha ha. I think he is referring more to my guesses that there will be some killstealing issues early on, and just ended up quoting my potato preference. It's all good.
    Skuz likes this.