You can box 1 char on Aradune?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kalipto, May 25, 2020.

1. Kalipto Augur

Regarding Aradune: "Boxing any more than 2 characters will result in the following actions taken against your account" - from the EQ website.

This indicates to me you can play 2 characters at once. It does not say two computers. Has a dev answered the question directly? I can't find an official answer anywhere.
  2. Trox2010 Augur

Aradune is listed as a True Box Progression Server; means you need a separate PC for each character. It is on the home page announcement.
  3. Kalipto Augur

Every place I ask, I get a different answer. True Box means 1 char per PC. But in the Aradune announcement page it says you can't box more than 2 characters.

Can we get a dev to answer this question? @Dreamy weavers?
  4. Basak Augur

It says right on the announcement page,
    Says Aradune is Truebox so you will need two systems to box two.
  5. Tennas Journeyman

The guy above gave you the answer, but you’re just not willing to listen.

It’s a True Box Server. That means one account per PC. On Aradune specifically, you’re not allowed to play more than 2 characters at a time, meaning two PCs.
  6. Wtfagain Elder

Are you a flat earther? Be honest.
  7. Kalipto Augur

I'm sorry you guys are so angry at me for seeking official clarification. But telling me to believe what people write on the internet is pretty stupid advice.

Yes, DBG defined true box as 1 char per PC.
    Yes, Aradune is called a truebox server.
    Yes, DPG said you can box 2 characters on Aradune.

Okay so you're all agreeing that it's safe to assume. But I don't like assumptions. I don't take my own assumptions as fact and I don't take others as fact either.

But since it's upsetting people so much that I asked for clarification I'll just wait 2 more days and find out for sure. Until then, I'll operate under the assumption you all are operating under. It's the one that makes the most sense. But the part of me that knows EQ development history will still leave room for other possibilities.
  8. Basak Augur

I just quoted what is on the announcement page that it is Truebox, if you would read the announcement page you would see it there too. But in case you didn't see my earlier post,
  9. Sikkun Augur

If you look at his posts in the staff tracking he both clarified that it is Truebox and Truebox is clarified as 1 per machine.
  10. TLPman Augur

how many more times is this going to be asked . Each human playing can have a main and a box on this server thus = 2 boxes this topic has been added 23436233534 times
  11. breezycheeks New Member

When you are too lazy to search for your own answer even though it's plastered all over official pages and has already been answered by staff dozens of times.

Post the question in a community forum but refuse to listen to eight separate players giving you the same correct answer.

Cool guy. Must be a pleasure to live with. Can we be friends?
  12. Barton The Mischievous

Here let me help you

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...aunch-date-may-27.265570/page-24#post-3907010

Another -

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/aradune-2-box.266426/#post-3914801

I think there are more. You can look for them here
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?recent-activity/
  13. Nolrog Augur

Ah well, late to the party. I see the quotes have already been pulled.
  14. Minpire Augur

15. code-zero Augur

Here's what will happen if you attempt to start a second account on one PC.

You'll be disconnected.

It's True Box.

You're limited to playing only 2 characters on Aradune so you will need 2 computers.
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Guise i don't understand
    Am i allowed to Box 2 toons meaning i can play 3 toons?
    Help plx KK thanks
    Barton likes this.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

OMG, seriously? How can it not be clear?
  18. EQDude Elder

It's extremely clear. Anyone not understanding it is being intentionally obtuse or is just a dullard.

True box = one everquest client per MACHINE

Two account limit = Two account limit...

Add those together now, I believe in you.
  19. GNOME_POWER Augur

IP management allows one computer to play one client.
    This is old style boxing.
    This allows you to adventure with family / brothers or roommates.

There was a devs post with such an overview, but I can't find that post.
  20. Nolrog Augur

He is trolling. It's crystal clear.