How about today?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by topple, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Brunlin Augur

not to mention that the anniversary date falls on a Monday this year. So i do hope it is at least later in the week.
  2. Fraggly Augur

Your community can make a PvP server anywhere they want! Just get your community together and go have a ball on literally any server you guys want to conglomerate on! :)

I've got my WinEq and numpad hotkeys greased and ready to go over here...
  3. DosPanchos New Member

WE NEED PVP! WE NEED PVP!
    Brawl, Redgnome1, PVPme and 1 other person like this.
  4. zurgar Journeyman

I would be down with a server that would randomly have 1 week out of the month that was PvP. But no one has time for all the little punks that will make it impossible for you to go out and xp to have PvP 24/7.
  5. Dulu Augur

I'm not trying to be rude, but there are how many PVE TLP servers?

You can literally play any of them.

If you don't like a PvP ruleset, don't play on it. But please don't deny us our home.

Furthermore, you might find you actually like the PvP ruleset once you try it. It's not all griefing. There is a lot of teamwork, friendship, epic battles, and yes... some griefing. It makes for memorable adventuring.
    Brawl likes this.
  6. zurgar Journeyman

I had way to many beers on Saturday night and when i passed out I had a dream that the announcement will be on Thursday.
    Dulu likes this.
  7. weewooweewoo Journeyman

How does pvp even work when 1 guy can play like 6 mages at once? Even if you try to outnumber a boxer they could in theory still destroy a large group of people in a matter of seconds just by how efficient their focus fire is like if you stack and eat 6 rains at once with 6 pets. The average players wont live long super fun lol
  8. zurgar Journeyman

I would much rather you get a PVP server than there to be another true box one. I only want a new TLP that isn't true box with AoC because I feel all of us on ragefire and lockjaw got screwed over the first time around.
    Brawl and Fraggly like this.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I logged into Zek to see this booming PVP community that the devs said they need to see before doing a new PVP server, and it must be off peak hours.
  10. Dulu Augur

Hey @Dythan, we have a new community discord with hundreds of PvP players in it, all hoping for a PvP TLP.

No one wants to play trash live EQ.

But we will be playing on Zek February 29th, at 8pm EST for our raid on Zek event! The goal is 400+ level 1 Ogres.

https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/f5g379/raiding_zek_to_fight_for_a_pvp_server_join_us/
    [IMG]
    PVPme and Brawl like this.
  11. Brawl Elder

Fingers are crossed for PvP TLP!
  12. Mourning Would New Member

you HONESTLY think 400 people is enough to warrant a server? from a business standpoint that's ridiculous. don't get me wrong i hope they find it in their hearts to open a pvp tlp server for you all someday, and hopefully soon. but it'll have to be a second server at best. ZEK hasn't even appeared to raise past "low" pop in as far back as i can see, and is only 1 out of 20 servers, so by all means show us this thriving pvp community.

To put things in perspective, 400 ( or more) people is roughly $6k+ a month in subs. I don't know about you, but this wouldn't even cover a half of my own salary in a month, so to think it would cover enough developers, programmers, overhead costs, hardware costs, to warrant it's own server.... seems a stretch. I'd like to think these devs and staff are worth more than you seem to think.

Also as i saw stated somewhere, if your community is sooooo huge, why don't you all hop on the next TLP, turn in your books upon spawning, and pvp all you please? holy crap! problem solved!
  13. Fraggly Augur

This thread has given more juice to us Forumquesters than anything in recent time. I love it! The excitement is palpable, the discussions are roaring. Well played Dreamweaver. Keep it up Thewiz.
    Thewiz likes this.
  14. PVPme Augur

You do know the newest TLP they made has less then 200 people most nights and during the day less then 100 right? I think a steady 400 of new pvp subs they'd be pretty happy.
  15. Thewiz Augur

Miragul? A failed experiment. Phinni clones draw in thousands. Thousands for months on end. Not that I want another one. But the model is fun and it brings in subs. Whatever this TLP is you can bet it will be based on phinni. Hopefully with some tweaks.

EQ PvP died 20 years ago. The corpse is rotted. The grave site is grown over. There is nothing to revive except some starving trolls.
  16. Zansobar Augur

Nah they are all playing over on the P99 PvP server...all 44 of them are logged in now.
  17. Dulu Augur

Yeah man, we get it. You make $12,000/month, you're 6'7'', drive a lambo, etc. And you type like you have a 3rd grade education. Super impressive.

Let me break this down for you: If you keep releasing Phini/Agnarr clones, you are going to keep getting the same people. You are not gaining any new subscribers.

These 400 players are not currently playing, and will likely never play on a TLP without a PvP ruleset. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. They have friends, will spread the word, and will in all likelihood try other servers, even if the PvP server flops. It's a win win for DBG. You are bringing in an untapped source of players. Even if the PvP experiment fails, DBG wins.

I also think you are severely overestimating the cost of running one of these servers, and since neither of us have any idea on the specifics, maybe we should not talk about stuff we are ignorant on? The only thing that is certain, is if you create a PvP TLP - it will bring in more customers. Guaranteed.
    Brawl and PVPme like this.
  18. Dulu Augur

The last content update on Red99 was in August 2015.

Not to mention a huge percentage of Red99'rs went to the brand new Green/Teal servers.

The fact that Red99 has 46 people (with a zero tolerance policy on boxing) and Mangler has 150 (probably half boxes/bots) is a testament to EQ PvP.
  19. Fredescu Augur

Mangler breaks 3k in terms of people in the general channels. Guessing you mean Miragul?
  20. Dulu Augur

Yeah, that one. LOL!