Veteran AAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sithsonn, Oct 26, 2019.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

2. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

When it first started counting time, it only counted time paid. My account has 19 years 28 days on it right now. It was opened in Feb 2000. I had a few months early on when I missed some days here and there, or a month here and there.... and that time didn't count. Once they introduced f2p, it ALL started counting - but only from that day forward. They didn't fill up the unpaid time retroactively.

As for giving the vet rewards, they'd have to come up with another name to hand them out, I would think. Since you wouldn't be getting them for the time, like the true Vet rewards. *shrug* I don't care either way. This account has all of em. My other account, which is f2p, is .. I dunno... 3 or 4 years old? I have no idea, tbh. If I could ever transfer my druid over to it, I'd care. Except about the vet rewards. Because Lesson is the only one I'd actually use on her with any frequency.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

ya since they went to F2P all time (paid or unpaid) is counted now
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I have a F2P account for a couple of years I recently put some money into a three month sub. Zero veteran rewards.
  5. Zamiam Augur

Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Tarvas like this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

We should balance vet aa with novice aa.

Like you get the good stuff right from the start and lose 1 each year. So the vet aa are counter balanced.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think we should all be lucky that the system works as it does, they could easily have done things differently, in that you only got the AAs if you were active in the period they were released, a bit like the summer illusion rewards, don't log in in that period you miss out.

At least the way it has been set up you have a chance at getting them adventually unlike old beta/expansion/preorder rewards.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Keeping it as is also encourages focusing on a main and small number of alts as time goes on.

As you earn your first year, you can claim vet on only one character. One would assume you choose your main character.

Giving people all of them at once would also allow them to claim vet on 14 characters, scattering their focus.

If instead of typing these begging threads for vet aas people spent their time creating 6 new accounts, they'd be starting on the gravy train in a years time!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is actually a thing. Content is tuned around these vet rewards being available.

My vote would be just autogrant all gold players all Vet rewards.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Actually, the Devs have explicitly stated that they do not take them into account or tune any content around the Veteran Rewards.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The only aa that matter from a "power" perspective:

1) Lesson - this is just time, and most of the people complaining about this issue have this one
    2) Intensity - for the most part destruction glyph is better or almost as good, due to stacking changes they made

None of the others are anything but convenience or fluff.
  13. Angahran Augur

I thought Vet rewards were based on subscribed time ?
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

If you have a post or a source on this, can you share it?
  15. Drogba Augur

nah, "armor of experience" & "staunch" matter from a power perspective as well.
    Elyssanda and Cadira like this.
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

/groundhogday
  17. Schadenfreude Augur

I'd be fine with this providing those of us that have actually been playing for 20 years get something for each year since the veteran rewards were stopped as being "unfair" to newer players.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Every year we log in during the summer we get an illusion or a familar. :)

Something anyone not not playing at that time will get, that is the new rewards for vet players. :)

Would be nice if it was from January to December of that years, but the Summer works.