Eok T3 Raid - The Kar`Zok - Reaper's Killing Strike

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minimind, Aug 31, 2019.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

Interesting!! That would jive with a monk and bard being targeted so much! And if we can keep the reaper interested in just one player and if that player knew how to consistently avoid the Killing Strike (like Elyssanda did), we might be able to defeat this mechanic outright.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Oh I gave up and literally just sat at his feet. I just left mana song running for everyone, and made fun of counting off how many times he called me.

that wasn't the only night he showed a decided preference for my bardic butt.. we all joked about me being his new girlfriend.. I was often called 10+ times a night.
  3. Lubianx Augur

I don't think that the Reaper is the only one with a preference for your bardic butt Ely. ;)

I just put it down to Rare
    Elyssanda likes this.
  4. Cadira Augur

The real question is....how many times did you need rezzed?
    #rezelly!
    Allayna and Scornfire like this.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

;)
    Usually once a night back then..
    Cadira likes this.
  6. Allayna Augur

O rly?!?
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Gods yeah.. he really had a thing for me back then.. it was a big joke in the guild that he had claimed me as HIS.. years later, some of those guildees are now with me in ROTE, and we still talk about it.. when this thread came up, it just made us laugh all over.. like OMFG he's baaaccckk

Hey I found the thread I created about it! Looks like it was 14 times, not 17.. but it was more than 2 years ago.. so.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...owblaze-and-the-reaver-luuuuuuvvvs-me.244303/

And I was in Inverse Logic on Luclin back then..
  8. Drogba Augur

what about DA?
  9. Brohg Augur

prevents healing but not dot damage? DAing is pretty suicidal in most modern raids, but I suppose it's one (risky) way to prevent the specific damage of the pounce!
  10. Drogba Augur

figure just click off after the initial hit/after tank taunts back
  11. Lianeb Augur

The tank doesn’t have to do anything.
    He warps to the player, hits them
    Warps on top of highest person Agro list, after the hit.
    It’s actually a good time for the tank to reposition him if needed
    Koryu likes this.
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

or you just go to him and no one gets hurt..

it is avoidable..been there, done that.
  13. Drogba Augur

I wasn't speaking about the tank, but the emoted player.
  14. Morthakia Augur

All — what about the shield break mechanic. I’ve experienced a few different things which are confusing. Do you just need to run the frost assaulters over the flame aura, or do they need to be standing in it when the AE goes off? It takes three emotes to break the shield I believe, but can you break the shield all in one go by stacking the auras and then putting the frost assaulters in it?

I’ve also heard that if the Reaper and Snowblaze are not within 10% health of each other that the shields can’t be broken. Is this true?

Still struggling to get this one down, although getting very close!
  15. Brohg Augur

The frost shields are broken by taking three hits from Expanding Flames AE from the Kar`Zok Snowblaze. Expanding Flames goes out 1/55s as long as Kar`Zok Snowblaze is > 5% hp lower than Kar`Zok Reaper. There is no max separation on boss hp vis a vis shields. If bosses are more than 40% separate they start DTing folks - but shield breaks work fine.

The frost assaulters need to be far enough from Kar`Zok Snowblaze for the AE to have sufficient power to make a crack in the shield - if you have a good & geared-up (AND EotD2 FLAGGED) SK she can just tank the three frost assaulters at the scaffolds with a (EotD2 FLAGGED) cleric partner, but having multiple tanks (warrior abilities actually pretty good for this purpose) kite frosties around the scaffold is an option if you have more people than gear.

Three broken frost shields are enough to break snowblaze's aura, to get EotD2 flags at the end of the event.

The flame shields are broken by taking three hits from frost circles that appear when Kar`Zok Snowblaze is less than 5% hp separate from Reaper. Those frost circles are accompanied by pretty dangerous Frost Globe, though, so most raid forces don't with em. I always preferred starting the event with a mass flameshield break (three stacked-up frost circles will do the three hits in just one "rep") so flame assaulters then don't reflect spells, but it's riskier than just meleeing them out while casters are on the Reaper.
  16. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I always enjoyed a mass burn on all the assaulters and ignoring the shield mechanic. makes the event way less complicated. range dps on the snowblaze, melee on the reaper.... balance them down tokeep with the flame auras... use leap abilities to get through the shield so you can get a blocker.
  17. Koryu Professional Roadkill

This event's mechanics are explained in specific detail on the ZAM quest page, Raid Expedition: The Kar`Zok.

I should really get around to updating more recent events...
  18. Allayna Augur

Sounds like an unintended exploit.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Ohh...GMM part 2?
  20. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

unintended maybe, but there's lots of raid mechanics that can be bypassed or ignored by being creative and/or good all over the game and those aren't considered exploits. such as literally any time people bypass old mechanics by just being way overpowered for the content.

Skyfire's meteor clicks, meteor ae's don't hit 100% of the field area every time... or the stage once the dragon retreats; by your logic moving to those spots instead of getting a successful click would be an exploit. or DPSing through the last set of priests in Droga instead of killing them... and there are many many other examples where being smart, good or overpowered can bypass certain mechanics without it being considered an exploit.