Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Voxynn Elder

Nerf content..

It's too bothersome for me to pay attention..

I like this guys idea.
    Mintalie likes this.
  2. Duder Augur

Ohh downgrade? Id support that ^_^
  3. Lisard Silly

some more ideas:

1. A doorway similar to the housing one (where u can go from 1 house to the next), but make it for the Guild Halls

2. 1 Additional Guild hall teleporter

3. Velious Textured class/race Helmet Ornamentations already!!!(I, like many of the player base despise the generic Hero Forge helmets being re-skinned with every set of armor, they are ugly, everytime, and I'm sure everyone can agree.)

4. more custom Hero Forge Hat ornaments like the VOA achievement one, the RoF achievement one ect.

5. can we add Belt and Power Source slots to the Weapon Bandolier?

6. New Keyring window - Batmans Utility Belt - where we can put all our beneficial/detrimental Clicky type Items in it, can start out with 10 slots, then add market place to expand it. i would list the over 100 items i currently carry from past expansions, but for simplicity I'm talking about items like the Epic 2.0, Ball of Fluffy Cotten, Rocketeer Boots, Jeweled Skull of Null, Terror's Juju, Necromantic Dragon Bone etc. this would also reduce the amount of Backpacks you gotta generate every expansion while at the same time generating revenue by having people buy keyring slots.

7. New Keyring window - Traveling Circus - again start out with 10 slots, add extra slots to the marketplace, this keyring is for the 40+ transportation clickies such as The Binden Concerrentia, Drunkard's Stein, Anchors, Brick of Knowledge Etc. etc.

8. Mercenaries: I know its silly, and I wouldn't want to waste precious developer/programmer time on it. But, if your feeling frisky, add in the ability to further Customize/decorate our mercenaries by adding Hero Forge armor and weapon ornaments to them that would be neat.

9. Mercenaries: Pack Mule feature, make mercenaries carry trade skill containers, and you can open their inventory window and utilize the tradeskill containers. maybe even have an extra slot outside of the containers for a tradeskill component bag to hold some tradeskill items.

10. Armor/weapon Ornamentations - Ability to take a weapon, piece of armor and turn it into that items appearance to be placed in armor/weapon ornamentation slot. Also, STOP limiting armor ornamentations by class type...one of the coolest things about the ornamentations is it allows you to look unique...Locking all armor ornamentations to particular class archtypes (plate, chain, leather, cloth) really defeats the purpose of the whole ornamentation idea IMO. you had the right idea when you introduced Ancient Ssraeshzian armor sets.
  4. Jaylin Augur

I would like to see events again... Like the red sky from TBS, or building the portals in shards landing. How about a war again... like when the trolls were kicked out of their home or the FV war. But instead of open world, where if you missed them sucks to be you, have them instanced so the events were complete able for more than just the limited time.

With EoK and RoS, i was really hoping we were going to get a new Firiona Vie where the good guys took it back instead of just staying in the hills for hundreds of years just staring at them.

*cough* lobby to bazaar door *cough*

No level increase, but actually give us new spells. Don't just copy a spell that already exists, and give it a few more stats and say hey look spells are done.
    Cleric.. Group DI
    Extensions to the synergies, duration or charges
    Alliances.... At times there just arent enough of a class to trigger them which is a shame. Make them archetype based. Priests can trigger eachothers, why cant a mage trigger a wizards?
    Alliances.... I would say let them stack, but thats unrealistic with debuff space. How about if it wont take hold, it doesnt grey out. If 2 people cast them at the same time, the slower one should get a not take hold message and it refreshes
    Revival sickness... Come on.... 4k mana cap... If you don't get a rez there is almost no point in trying to come back until it fades. Resurrection sickness.... Melee slowed for waaaay to long... Again come on... It's been over a decade with no change.. They were tuned around 2008... Lets bring them into the last decade
    Mintalie and Metanis like this.
  5. tarbinators1 New Member

Honestly I would love to also see some PoP zones redone like RoS/RoK
  6. afrique New Member

Please remove the need for 3 characters to start group missions.
  7. Lheo Augur

LDON 2.0 with full groupscaling from solo to full group for lvl 110 (expansion done)
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Haven't read previous posts so appoligies for duplicates.

1. AAs - sadly very lacking on this front for unfortunate reason. I hope AAs are realocated to someone who has the time to do them, or Dzarn is giving the required time.

2. Not such large gear jump, we had massive gear jumps last expansion, which has me dreading how hard the mobs are going to be next expansion. :( A better distribution of stats so different items are better for different classes, if thats not possible limit each piece of gear to melee DPS, Tanks, Healers and Pure Casters as we have had in the passed.

3. Cut some of the unused spell lines. Keeping dead spell lines just so casters have X amount of spells is a waste of time for the dev concerned if the players dont use them.

4. First zone, set up the same as GMM, not that hard, no trash NPCs with rough mechanics, 3 fun missions, a few partisan and Merc tasks to help the story along.

5. Normal expansion level of difficulty for all but the final zone, which is keyed from doing previous zones progression. Final zone a bit tougher than anything previously seen in the new expansion.

6. Item to port to different zones, similar to the lamp in TLB.

7. Wizzy ports/tls/gates to a central zone in the expansion.

8. New Evac that doesn't leave anyone behind!

9. No more charm/mezing/fearing mobs unless you get kill credit if still charmed/mez/feared when it dies.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

10. No more combining items in a special container to make gear, allow us to make said item in tradeskill containerw in PoKnowledge!

11. Casters chest item - convernt button from robe to tunic (to match the rest of the gear look)
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

oo I like this. while we're at it, can get multiple guild halls allowed? like, 1 for each type/model.....

a secondary guild hall teleporter would be the hotness. would be a great and creative raid reward / cheesement instead of another trophy / mount. and since it wouldn't increase the power of a guild at all, it doesn't have to be the end game reward....

I'd like to see more creative rewards for both the group and raid game. things like the lamp or a guild hall portal that provide great functionality but little to no power increase would be ideal so you dont' have to worry about impacts to balancing....

did the guy who runs around >1/2 the year wearing the ugliest hat ornaments imaginable just ask for this? i'm confused..... get a jack-o-lantern and sit down!

I would also add in: a beta reward that's not an ornamentation! illusion clickies FTW! numbuses! mounts! ANYTHING really other than an ugly hat!
    Lisard likes this.
  11. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

oh... and a Skyshrine revamp.... complete with quest lines and raid mobs.....
  12. GoneFission Augur

How about purchasing raid glyphs with raid currency. The cost varies by which currency is used.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Nataheln New Member

Progression in TBL is wayyyyyy too hard unless you have a good group. Fully raid geared and get one rounded by blue con mobs is just not fun at all. Poor design.
  14. Nataheln New Member

Also T3 spell gems from raid vendors really desperately need to come back. Have a thousand worthless raid coins and haven't even gotten a single level 110 T3 spell yet after raiding EoK and RoS since they came out.
  15. Duder Augur

Very constructive and an idea I myself would like to see
    MelediWeaver likes this.
  16. Ezbro Elder

Faster Bards! Love that sweet fast run speed, need even more speed!
    Elyssanda likes this.
  17. Solanli Journeyman

Remove the "catch-up" - Coming back to Everquest is a full time job. And it should not feel like work.
    Make the game less about seniority.

Seniority Problem:
    Achievement Rewards: Dev team needs to work on this big time. There are a lot of vital achievements which a player needs to backlog to catch up. (I'm not talking about the backpacks ... I'm talking about the resist modifiers / heroic stat increases and so on. These achievement rewards need to start "Auto-Granting" - and I would love to see this change in the new expansion!

My suggestion would be to not grant the actual achievement, just the reward. These should probably be granted for all but most recent 2 expansions ... IE TBL + New expansion would not be granted.

With the aforementioned said - I know I have 2 general incoming comments... so I will address them ahead of time! (Yep, I have been playing this game way too long... I know you fam)

1. Doesn't want to put in the work:
    100% correct, I do not log on video games to work. I log on video games to have fun. Returning to EQ is incredibly difficult, as the game is based mostly on how many hours you put in ... and not about the skill you have. Even once you catch up on critical AA ... and gear. now you must go back and finish full expansions of questing to get small marginal increases ... which in aggregate are critical.

2. Hard work brings a feeling of accomplishment:
    If video games are bringing you feelings of accomplishment ... its time to re-think life.
    usa63t likes this.
  18. Kuvian Lorekeeper

Faster recovery in raid zones. I absolutely hate TBL for this. It takes forever to start recovery from rez. I gate to the GL and med up there. It is several minutes faster.
    Ezbro likes this.
  19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Tuning the non-raid level stuff to the NON raiders would be a HUGE step.
    I spent a LOT of beta time posting over and over that it was much too hard for non-raiders.. I do play an alt in a casual family guild with my husband. the beta forums are gone.. but I do know, and repeatedly said that it was too difficult for casual players in TBL..
    Graves and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  20. Raynrace Augur

----On the spell side, I think its time to simplify buffs/icons. It would greatly help us and you!

Each class that self buffs has 1 buff that has this expansions stats plus 5% and just 1 icon/1spell
    Each class that buffs others, make 1 buff that has every spell combined into 1 and its group castable and tb/mgb able and please make all spells last like 5 hrs, its just a pain for constant recasting. All of the buffs should stack. Other spells are what they are. I would also like to see rk 2 and 3 spells do slightly more damage/buff and cost less mana. Currently, we are at a point that mana is used like water when a dam is broken.

----Portal- I would like to see AT LEAST a permanent portal in the guild hall to the banner, a clickable banner portal would remove the need for a second guild hall porter. Or even better, you could have a prove your worth quest to the guild and get a guild insignia like the fellowship insignia and port to the guild banner like a campfire.

----I would like to see more tiers of play that dont take up too much of your time as developers. I would like to see every 6 man mission have a 12 man version that has a new higher tier of gear than group gear and a chance to drop rk3 spells.

----I would like to see each static zone have a frontier mountains style raid mob pop in the static zone. Kill 50 mobs in the zone and a 36 person raid mob pops in a neutral centralized area. This mob is unattackable in an arena style setting with an npc to hail to start the challenge. If you fail, you have a 30 minute lockout and another group of 36 can attempt the raid. If they win, they get a 2.5 day lockout. Kill 50 more mobs and the raid mob repops and it starts over.

These event should be much less complicated than 54 man raids in strategy.

I would like to see it drop gear between 12 man group and 54 man raid as well as rk3 spells.

Doing 2 group and 6 group encounters give smaller groups of people or guilds a lot to do to better themselves if 54 isn't doable.

----Raid ideas

I think it would be nice to have a couple raids that are impossible until the strategy is figured out so these would be on the T1 scale because once the strategy is figured out, its simple and almost all guilds can beat it.

--Raid 1- If a tank uses sword and board they get hit harder, let them equip a 2h and go full offensive using something like the hate mask to generate agro. If they use a defensive disc or aa, they get rampaged to death or FD and memwipe and an add or 2 pops. If they use offensive they tank fine. Rest of the dps just do dps.

The boss switches phases where heals damage it instead of actual damage, adds pop in this phase and non healers have to kill them while healers/hybrids dps/tank using heals for agro and damage, well see who tops that heal parse! Obviously the Paladins are the tanks in this phase.

At 20% the boss splits in 2 and the damage version and heal damage version switch between the 2 and the raid has to adjust accordingly. Incorrect damage type heals the boss and its mirror.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --Raid 2- I would like to see a heavy consequence raid that is simple once figured out. Slow the boss, the tank dies, debuff fire/cold etc etc and he ae's the raid with large loss to hme. Haste the boss, he slows down, buff him and it appropriately debuffs what is buffed. You could add phases of spell/weapon/h2h type damage that we have to pay attention to with high consequence if we dont switch.

--Raid 3- I think a raid with the boss doing random shadow steps and a fast ae after which requires the players to get out of line of sight would be cool. The raid would constantly change and be random. People would have to pay attention and move. Successful full raid hides would give a shackle piece to a random player to be put into a binding device. Once the 4 shackle pieces are put in place a 5th hidden piece would have to be found to finish the binding(ground spawn). The boss then stops shadow stepping and can be killed. Since he cant move he will call for help and adds can pop or unbinders can come to him to break the binding.

--Raid 4- A couple of nostalgic raid bosses who call for nostalgic help and having to deal with multiple raid bosses. Examples would be- King Tormax raid where he calls for help and the Avatar of War shows up. Vyzh`dra the Cursed raid where Emperor Ssraeshza shows up Etc.