Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Balthozzar Elder

Some of these auras already exist. Champions Aura is a warrior aura that provides the group with a small AC boost and proc rate boost (from spell data, it is 90 AC and a 2% proc rate modifier. I notice about 35 displayed AC increase on my warrior). It came with the Prophecies of Ro expansion.

I would certainly like to see every class get an aura or updated aura, though.
  2. Balthozzar Elder

I'm with you there, Szilent. As a casual player that hasn't really raided in 15 years and didn't raid much back then, I like it when you can 'complete', in terms of the story, an expansion without raiding.
  3. Balthozzar Elder

I'm seeing some things in this thread that seem more like general wishes for game improvements that wouldn't need to be tied to an expansion. In particular, I'm seeing some things that were also asked for in the Quality of Life thread (go to page 71 of that thread for the summary I typed up! https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...and-dreams-what-would-you-want.246367/page-71)

I think we might need to have a discussion with the devs about whether general game improvements (new functionality, not fixes) are things that they will put in as they can or whether they intend to do that as part of the package for buying an expansion. I'm fine with either, to be honest. I don't begrudge them putting new features or improved functionality of existing features in expansions where their time gets them more revenue.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Cannot read whole threadnaught.

But anyway, some of us are old and can't read fast enough as boxers (read: your meal\job\etc security) ..... anything you can do to go back to TBL and with the new expansion to make that "react and move" faster thing a little less unforgiving (not as it applies to combat) just with script transition for trials\quests\etc would be GREAT.
  5. Trice74 Apprentice

Put the Quest back into EverQuest. Really miss quest that were just for fun and cool rewards that can be done solo.
    Yinla and Proximoe like this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

I agree. Not being able to finish the story after doing group progression takes me back to not being able to watch wrestling PPV after months of them hyping storylines :D

I'd love it if after a few years they release group versions of raids with the same loot and scripts, just heavily nerfed and reduced mechanics. Even if it's reduced to a straight tank and spank i think itd he popular.
  7. Axxius Augur

Then it shouldn't have been the final raid of the expansion. We could put Talendor out of his misery somewhere on the way to a final showdown with somebody who has actual power worthy of being the final boss - like Phara Dar. It was a letdown already that we didn't get but a brief encounter with the real boss of VP.

All in all, the final raid should be the hardest. TBL was done right in that aspect, and it's the way to go: make the final raid super hard to challenge the top guilds, nerf it later.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We disagree with this. Strongly
    (And yes, the missions are toned down versions of the Raid, we make the raid first, then the mission)
    We want everyone to be able to experience the full story, not ONLY raiders. (I.E. We agree with Axxius and Brogh)
  9. TheStugots Augur

This may be an unpopular opinion, but speaking to the posts asking for all kinds of things to be auto-granted, please don’t.
    Autogranted AAs are awesome and much needed, but not the the other things, like Hero AAs, hunters, augs, etc.

I’m a non-raiding player. I play more when I have goal oriented objectives to accomplish. If I don’t have stuff to do, I’m more than likely not going to continue to sub after the current expansion is complete (group-wise). Just because you spend your limited play time raiding and don’t have time to “play catch up” or to do other things, doesn’t mean those of us who don’t raid and/or have more time, don’t enjoy doing the activities being asked to be auto’d.

This isn’t directed at anyone specific, just the general idea of taking more content out of the game.

Do I enjoy doing EoTD for the 10th time, of course not, but it does keep me playing. (Just an example, and probably a bad one, but it makes the point).
  10. Sobmre Augur

ill give you an idea for raids:

Call it Raid of Eq's past..................take old raid zones like tacvi and time. beef them up about x100

here are some for expansion features :

A "merc" trader or auction house server-wide hopefully

No more zone locking progressions "this is why i didn't buy tbl on my boxes" a good reward at the end is why most do progression anyways.

Server-wide instance grouping

Upgrades to old long quested items IE: adventurers stone, shawl, EPICS

Removal of no trade on older expan items.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If I understand that correctly I agree. :)
  12. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

Shamans already have an aura, and it's rockin'. Haste/HP/Mana/End..... $$$... I think every class's auras should be replaced with AAs similar to pact of the wolf.
    Tuco and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  13. Syylke_EMarr Augur

And classes without an aura given one
  14. kizant Augur

I want Wizard aura to make every near by Vah Shir invisible to all players and NPCs in the game. Unable to interact with anything.
  15. Kuvian Lorekeeper

I don't care about that, Ngreth, but I don't want one more raid where it's balance DPS multiple mobs down and occasionally move one or more of the mobs. You did that what, in four of the raids in TBL? And you've used this mechanic since COTF as far as I can remember. Enough already.

One more suggestion: an old school non-instanced raid zone. Sure, we'll take the usual instances for most of the raids, but make one zone that is right outta NTOV or Ssra. People have to wait for repops, make the timer totally unpredictable, not a regular 5-7 day timer, and then let there be the mad race to get there first.
  16. Kuvian Lorekeeper

Oh, almost forgot: Let us remove more spells from the spellbook. Right now I believe you can't remove anything above level 55. My books are ridiculous now. We need to be able to cull old useless spells.
  17. tyrantula Elder

I really enjoy the idea of epic quests again. Except for the week long spawn timers. And the rare mobs, with rare drops - where you turn that rare drop to another rare/long-spawn-timer npc.

But it'll give me something to do when I'm max exp again.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I thought Discord already made vah shir muted and invisible to other players?
    Tolzol likes this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is a double edged sword the group players do not like the raid mechanics in group missions and the raiders want something different to raid.

I can understand where the dev team is coming from but sometimes I would be nice if things were a bit more simpler for the missions. Skyfire could have done with less mechanics. Talendor would have been fine if the raid was beefed up. Most TBL raids are borning now trying to keep them all balanced week in week out.

My favourite mission in TBL is Aalishai, mainly because it is not much like the raid!
    My favourite raid is Generals in Empyr, but again it is not like the mission.

In tha past we have had different raids. Recently the devs seem to get an idea in their heads and all raids that expansion seem to have that mechanic, this time round it was balancing, last time it was circles everywhere! I'd like to see more of a variety of raids.

In the past we have had
    Tradeskill raids (Underfoot)
    Puzzle raids (House of Thule)
    Strip raids (Omens of War)
    Gnomes in the oven! (best place for them) (Gates of Discord)
    Class X must get the kill shot (Gates of Discord)
    Follow NPC and report (Depths of Dark Hollow)
    Banishment (Kunark)
    1 zone lots of bosses with loot (Outer Planes)

There have been other types of raids, but those are the ones that spring to mind, my favourite raids have been those were we move around and not stay in 1 spot.

Not sure if any of the above would fit in with the kind of content we are getting next expansion.

Almost forgot loved the Tower of Frozen shadow raid we had a few years back. Fun raid lots of moving around. :)
  20. tyrantula Elder

I used to advocate for old school, open world raiding. There's enough problems as it is with instanced raiding and being able to actually kill the mob - can't (and don't) want to imagine what it would be like with random timed poop-socking content all over again.