Devs - can we do something about the leveling process

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ntellect, May 24, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Excellent.. you brought up the fact that I pointed out.. lack of players for said content..

Yet I'm being obtuse ?

Yet you bring up the exact same thing I pointed out.. then claim it's a content issues.. that nobody or rarely anyone plays those levels ?

2+2 is 4 lil buddy..

If NOBODY is playing those levels it's not due to poor content its because the vast vast vast majority of players on blue servers have out grown that content.. years ago.

Thus it's a lack of players .. not poor content.. what about this concept is hard for you to grasp ?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Laronk Augur

So if there's no one to play the content, why not let people skip it? Like I said its a Dev issue. It's easy to box your way to max level but if you're a solo player its a lot harder.

Everyone else is skipping the content by pling their boxes and alts anyways
    Craized likes this.
  3. Laronk Augur

A good solution to this (that would be nice for level 110 players) is cross server instancing with HAs (like dungeon finder in wow)
  4. ntellect Augur

C

Content issue is a dev issue because devs control the content. They have the ability to change how the game function through various methods to allow whatever approach they deem necessary. So yes the Devs 100% could "fix" or improve this issue. The question is will they.
  5. ntellect Augur

Can we get a dev response to this please? I'm curious what the roadmap is here if any at all? Or let me know if there is a better forum to let my concerns be heard.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Besides bumping up heroic chars, the other good option is to use the shrouding system to enable someone to shroud from any level to any level, contribute somewhere halfway between a merc and a group geared character and get decent XP doing it.
    enclee likes this.
  7. Allayna Augur

Anyone else see the issue here? Progression gives XP. Collections give free xp....literally picking up and clicking a set of them gives XP or AAXP if you feel underpowered....but there’s autograft for that.

I’ll tell you my opposition to this comes from a quality standpoint. Occasionally I’ll step outside of my guild and do a pickup group from general chat. 100% of the time it’s a 110 toon....99% of the time, they don’t have a good understanding of the basic abilities of their class, or how to get from point A to point B at all.

I continue to do it, because there are good players out there, the 1%, the diamond in the rough.

Now dilute that 110 pool with more who didn’t spend any effort (which is currently quite minimal) to hit max level.
  8. enclee Augur

Forgot about the shroud system, but I think the devs have left that system die. I always thought the Old Man McKenzie missions were a great idea. The location was perfect, anyone could join and you can experience a different class. So, if they can’t do shrouds I think shroud-esque missions are great opportunitiy. Also, add in an experience multiplier for number of players in mission, like +5% for 2, +10% for 3, etc to encourage adding more players.
    Craized likes this.
  9. Laronk Augur

I know, that is definitely an issue. There's a good amount of people at 110 who can't out dps a wizzie merc. The problem is people don't learn from grinding hard or getting to level 85 and joining a 110, there's a different thread here. Some of these players are just lazy and don't care but some of these players just don't have the required knowledge.

Knowledge is in part a dev issue again, though players should be taking responsibility to learn. Spells and Discs should have better descriptions and I think that the SPAs and Buff Slot numbers should be listed on spells and discs in game, there should be a ingame parser addon so people can know how much they suck compared to their group so they ask questions about why they're doing so poorly. I'm in a normal "family" guild and most of the people in my guild don't know what lucy is. Forget how all the other abilities stack with buff slot numbers and SPAs, some people still don't understand which haste is overhaste and how haste stacks.

Part of the reason why people don't have even a basic understanding of their class is that the information isn't provided to them in game.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

I am pretty sure its you and the others with the elitist mindset that are not grasping the concept. The "content" is fine for the most part but the leveling path for many is broken. There is a huge difference and honestly if they made the leveling in older content much more solo/molo friendly for players to get caught up it would make this game much better because a lot of that content is pretty damn fun but not for people who are stuck in it not progressing.

Imagine if experience in current content was so bad that you could spend the entire year trying to play it and not progress through the zones, gain very few levels if any and you were doing so by yourself. Everyone at the top would be complaining that the design was flawed (and many have with TBL and even ROS scaling/progression design).

The developers did address this issue years ago with heroic characters but the problem is they neglected making heroics relevant for the future. That is 100% on the development team at the time who only cared about the now and did not prepare for the future needs of their customer base. The fact that they did not have a plan in place for level increases only proves how short sighted this fix was.

There have been many great suggestions posted over the years to make the leveling path easier and more enjoyable and yet crickets from the development team for the most part. Yet if you follow any of the TLP threads the developers have bent over backwards to make leveling and xp faster for the TLP players. They have made several fundamental changes to those servers to help retain those players while doing very little to help the players on live stuck in the middle. It is time for them to address this group of customers and make their experience more enjoyable otherwise we will continue to lose them to other games or to the dark side (TLP) until that's all that is left. No new content just a bunch of "new" servers that reset over and over again racing to some imaginary end.
    ntellect likes this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

There Ain't No Such Thing AS A Free Lunch :)
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Everyone can skip level 1 - 70 by just going heroic! Then you just have 25 levels to complete with all AAs auto granted up to TDS I want to say TBM but I'm sure it's TDS so forgive me if I'm an expansion out). Thats atleast 75% of the levelling and AA done for you.

Depending on class there are various solo spots leveling through House of Thule, Rain of Fear, Call of the Forsaken, etc. Lots of Players in EOK & ROS at the moment still doing hunter who don't mind having an exrta group member. Not to mention many are still doing CotF HAs for collectables.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Allayna like this.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

As with one of the examples earlier how are you asking for more to start a group? Are you just saying suchlevel suchclass looking for more to group, or are you outlining a specific thing you're wanting to do? The latter is more likely to get some type of response, than the former. People who are higher level might be willing to do older tasks that they never finished or did before. While when it is just someone asking for more for an undefined group, it is not as likely to get a reply. More times than not, it is not a lack of players that prevents your group from starting but a lack of interest in the content or the perceived content that the group will be doing.

As far as mergers go, it would be more feasible (short and long term) for them to spend time on some kind of cross server instancing system, where you could set up groups and join the task/dz via an invite, password, instanced hub /pickzone, or something. This would solve just about all of the reasons that people ask for mergers with regard to grouping, without having to sacrifice the communities of the existing servers.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No you're looking for people like yourself who don't want to put any effort into the game, but to get straight to the end. You can already do the "dailies" like 4 times a day; and you should be doing 3-4~ of them every time they are up the 2 (at least) below your level, the one for your level, and the one above your level (when applicable); that nets you a ton of xp if done regularly. Also, if you're having issues killing in what you deem to be the proper zone for your level, then perhaps you need to go back an expansion or two and try one of the higher tier zones there. For instances if HoT yard is too rough try SoD's Korascian Warrens, specifically the boars. Might not be quite as much xp per kill but much faster kill rate.
    Being stuck in the 70s has nothing to do with population, it has to do with the person in question choosing to do nothing when they cannot find a group. I spent most of my 70s solo, an occasional group; and I did this when that content was current. I might have had 1 group a week that was a regular thing, but that group was specifically doing the progression and involved as much dying as xp. The existing leveling system is fine, and if someone actually cares to level they can do so very easily with or without knowledge of the game. It all comes down to if the person expects to get everything handed to them or if they actually have to work for what they get.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  15. Laronk Augur

You can't tell me that its a good game experience though spending most of your time solo. It's fine if its your thing, I've spent lots of time solo too before I boxed. I also advocate that when ever you're LFG you should:
    1. put up your lfg tag so people can actually see you want a group
    2. leave pok and do something, don't sit around with your thumb up your
    3. form the group
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Are you just trying to argue with anyone over anything ??

You skip it by buying a heroic toon..

Or.. did you not know those things exist?
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

To be brutally honest your best bet would be to play on Selo if you haven't already formed friends to make groups with. Their are tuns of grouping opportunities at all levels, only up to level 60 is available at the moment but will be 65 in a month and a week and 70 the month after.
  18. ntellect Augur

My friends cant always play at the same time I can which is the problem.
  19. ntellect Augur

What is FM?
  20. Natal Augur

It is not hard to level, even if solo. Get a merc and do HAs, most of them can be done solo with a merc. Hell, in the GMM HAs I can tank 11 mobs at once. I am sure you could handle one. Alternatively, find zones that have light blues in them and level off of those.

You don't need a group unless you are facing challenging content, and you will only be dealing with challenging content while leveling up if you CHOOSE to face it.