Lol botters are not at efreeti after patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheWatcher, Apr 17, 2019.

1. ShivanAngel Augur

I know lots of players who have not payed for a subscription for months/years, the number may surprise you.
  2. Pharone Elder

Keep you in the dark
    you know they all pretend
    keep you in the dark
    and so it all began
    send in your skeletons
    sing as their bones go marching in... again
    they need you buried deep
    the secrets that you keep are at the ready
    are you ready
    I'm finished making sense
    done pleading ignorance
    that whole defense
    spinning infinity, boy
    the wheel is spinning me
    it's never-ending, never-ending
    same old story
    what if I say I'm not like the others?
    you're the pretender
    what if I say I will never surrender?
    In time or I'm told
    I'm just another soul for sale.. oh, well
    the page is out of print
    we are not permanent
    we're temporary, temporary
    same old story
    I'm the voice inside your head
    you refuse to hear
    I'm the face that you have to face
    Mirrored in your stare
    I'm what's left, I'm what's right
    I'm the enemy
    I'm the hand that will take you down
    bring you to your knees
    So who are you?
    Yeah, who are you?
    Yeah, who are you?
    Yeah, who are you?" ... Foo Fighters, The Pretender.

It seems appropriate for this thread.
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Oh it doesn't surprise me at all. I had ideas about using Krono to cover a sub, and I have a few so far from the time I've put into Mangler to at least give me a couple months.

I'm just more straight curious about the actual numbers.
  4. Captain Video Augur

Nope. Krono gets spent on subs, that's how it gets taken out of the market. There are players with a dozen subbed accounts all paid for by Krono. DBG obviously won't release the numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised if Krono now represents more subscription revenue than actual monthly recurring. As long as they see another spike in Krono sales attached to the release of each TLP, we're going to get more TLPs, and personally I don't think that market is tapped out yet. It is arguably what is keeping the game afloat financially.

Which is why I find the whole argument in this thread to be rather pointless. If DBG cracked down on the offending behavior(s) as I think we all know they can, they would just be shooting themselves in the foot financially from the lost Krono sales. Since what these boxers do isn't affecting my own gameplay at all, I'm OK with the status quo.
  5. Jezzie Augur

Tbh I'm more curious about the number of Krono flying around all over the place. I bet if you could buy SC with Krono that would remove plenty of them. Wouldn't Daybreak sell more krono then?

If you could buy meds with Krono Pharone wouldn't of made that post. Hang in there Pharone, it's going to be ok!
  6. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I don't know why it's assumed only these bot armies can trade items for Krono.

If they ban the automated bots, players will just fill the gap farming items to trade for Krono. I am highly skeptical of the argument they are refusing to do anything about the problem because of Krono sales.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

That's only 6 instances of an event for 3 toons over a short period.
    Too little data period to know one way or another.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

I have five accounts and have probably gone 2 years without paying actual money to play. I just go about my business and when I have enough PP I buy a krono. It's pretty tough on Phinny right now, to be honest, because krono prices are 200,000 and I only have 2 million platinum. Fortunately I have enough krono for two years so it doesn't really matter. Krono on Phinny were around 50k before the Mangler/Selo's announcement, by the way. :(
  9. Ceffener Augur

Merge dead servers to free up resources. Give the data center you rent your servers from (yes they rent their server space like plenty of other companies) more money. Yeah it cost money, but everything they do cost money. They claim to be making for money from subs than 2015, so invest that back into beefing up infrastructure.

There are options, but does the return on investment for solving these problems make sense? We don’t know. On the other hand they have always been anti instancing old content until forced to do so. So when your company leaders say things like “we never want to instance raids”, it’s also certainly been a priority issue at times also.

Or picks need to work like the expedition system that can be spun up in much larger systems. But it wasn’t designed to work that way, so the cost would be in redesigning that.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'm curious as someone who has a ton of krono, what do you do with them after POP? Is there gear to buy other epics to buy or?

I haven't played on a TLP beyond POP is why I'm asking.
  11. Elyani Augur

Probably same things you do on a TLP... purchase loot rights, purchase plat from other players and pay for your account. ;p
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I only ever use them for account time. I'm not against using them for gear, but it rarely makes sense to me. It's dumb (IMO) to pay 2-10 krono for something like ODS when it's going to be obsolete soon and, and least for me, doesn't make that much difference.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  13. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

It is absurd to me that I was able to make like a dozen Krono casually buying SSoYs for 1700 plat and selling them for a Krono in EC tunnel for like a good week and a half before the plat value diverged enough that it was no longer viable.

But, I mean, I'm not going to say no if people will pay it.
  14. KronoKing Elder

theres a guy with 48 accounts on coirnav, thats 48 krono a month hes taking out, plus hes farming tons of plat which means hes buying krono with that plat, and the krono comes from somewhere? its a vicious cycle. without plat i bet people would be less likely to buy krono unless it was for a specific item but plat is good for tradeskills or items that arent worth whole digit kronos (1.5 krono etc).

so hes providing the plat for people to buy krono to trade for and hes taking 48 krono out a month.

and yeah people buy krono for convenience.
  15. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Without the Krono he would just be selling plat.

Krono is not a real problem, it's just a way for DBG to take a bite out of the plat selling business for themselves. The plat selling business exists either way and has for literally two decades with or without the existence of Krono. If you can't eliminate the plat selling business (you can't), I don't see a real problem with deciding to make some revenue off it.

It's utilitarian and amoral but if it helps keep the game running, it's not actually any different from a player perspective than it ever was. Just gives a new thing to point to when complaining about it.
  16. KronoKing Elder

Without the krono, he would just be selling plat ON COIRNAV. Could you imagine how profitable that would be at this current time? It's practically a dead server, so he would be stuck with a bunch of worthless plat, instead he can now take that plat convert it into krono and now krono is marketable on every server, while he can continue to afk farm krono unharassed on a dead server. yes this requires people to still sell him krono on that server, but thats easier to find that someone on that server buying plat. lot of people also flip plat and krono back and forth so those kind of people stay around as well to facilitate this process.

If krono didnt exist, less people would be buying plat because krono is a cheaper version of a sub, you can get krono for cheaper than the actual credit card sub cost, so more people are likely to buy krono because of this. if krono didnt exist, those people wouldnt be going to buy platinum cause those gametime cards dont really exist anymore i dont think (back in the day you could trade plat for a gamecard from walmart to turn into 30 days or station cash).

so yeah plat business is something but its not like krono. its not account bound, it doesnt represent 30 days of sub, it isnt available the first minute of a brand new server, and it loses value fast. krono is also an investment, some people buy it to cash out of a server then sit on it until they play again, cant do that with plat. just many many reasons why krono has made rmt worse in eq and trying to compare it to the platinum market is just not an even comparison.

you also have people from live servers stricly coming to new ones to farm cheap krono to bring back to their server. they wouldnt be doing this for platinum, platinum isnt cross server. you can also take krono to other DBG games, some people from EQ2 TLP come over to new EQ TLPs to farm krono and take back to EQ2.

lot of different reasons why krono is so amazing.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

If you want to take the risk or your account getting banned, yes. I assume you are talking about black market sites rather than buying the krono from DBG. Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding "you can get krono for cheaper than the actual credit card sub cost."
  18. KronoKing Elder

yes thats what i mean and what risk? when you have people warping and running and everquest bot . com do you really think theres a risk in buying krono? those same people are the ones selling the krono, i dont see them being banned.
  19. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

Box armies have zero issues getting kronos for subs. I ran a single group box on Lockjaw and during kunark I was killing magi ptasa for his staff and selling the multiple questing option for 30 krono a pop. Did that for a few weeks and had years worth of kronos. Also crypt in seb was a biggie as well for sellable items.

During classic I farmed eboots and sold em for 1 krono each. Jboots multiple questing option for 1 krono a pop.

Super easy to make kronos if you have the ability to play more than a single character at a time. Boxing provides a HUGE boost to power. I'd say it's almost an exponential power gain.
  20. Dawdle Augur

Complete opposite. Could tunnel in anywhere, literally, and not have anyone even know who I was. You don't need to be a Dev., you want that title.

You offer something for people they used to have to compile themselves. You also started a Bot war, your programs do much more then the older versions.
    You know it's a very interesting story, how it came to be a player got his hands on the software you need to access these privileges. <this is omitted>

At least there is some accountability. It's really pointless to debate though so I didn't. You're never really going to change anyone's mind. "For the most part". You even mention the program over and over again. Isn't there a rule about that?
    I kind of agree that at this point you have done what you did and that's over. <omitted again> Just look at the programs being used. We know the VM stuff but whats running these bots? That's it.