An Update to Selos and Mangler - Coming March 16, 2019

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajjantis Elder

I will never forget the day when the first TLP started and i made a wood elf to enjoy some EQ nostalgia.

There were a few handful of greater faydark instances open, the server start looked like a great success.

I set up my UI and started to look for any mobs to hunt. But all the areas were clear, no mobs in sight. Yeah it was crowded with people so everyone was struggling finding mobs. I accepted that.

After some time, when i hit lvl 2 or 3 i went to the orc hill and then i saw my first boxer on the TLE.

A full group of mages, 5 following one person DESTROYING everything in their path.
    It looked so ... automated.
    They all casted the same spell at the same time, they all sent their pet in at the same time. It took them a few seconds to clear the whole area, nothing was left up.

There went the nostalgia right out of the window.

Man that thing upset me so hard but i didnt know at that time that this was just the beginning. Throughout my whole journey i would run into boxers who didnt care for anyone else. Were there only a few black sheeps on the server? Maybe. But regardless of any consequences for other players, they plowed throu the game, leaving nothing but burned lands.

And even at end-game it wouldnt stop.

Any good camps were taken 24 hour a day 7 days a week by boxers. Ive even witnessed some, who clearly used automated scripts. You cant tell me that the same person is seriously playing 48 hours straight in Sebilis, camping that one area while walking the same routes, casting the same spells. No matter at what time i logged on, they were there. No matter what time i logged off, they were still there in this one spot, repeating the exact same actions OVER and OVER for not only hours but DAYS.

Yeah ive had enough. I quit that server and any server without a true box code is an instant no for me.

2. code-zero Augur

Apparently there's some confusion about what a Progression server really is. The server will progress through all expansion according to whatever rules were created for it until it catches up with Live and at that point becomes a Live server.
    Now some of the voting servers face a real chance of dying off when the player base on them can't fulfil the requirements that trigger voting. That's why there are no new voting servers.
  3. Yimin Augur

We know the date March 16th ! But at what time ?

YiMin
  4. Xent New Member

3:00 pm EST
  5. Jadefox Augur

EDT, actually. ;)

--Helpful Jade
    Yimin likes this.
  6. Xent New Member

lol im an idiot
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.