Coirnav overrun by afk scripters

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by immaculate, Dec 30, 2018.

1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I love when nobodies say like this too me.
  2. Aegir Augur

Yeah Phinny didn't have Macaroni multiboxers. There were a couple of box armies, but they were not using it n'or able to. Prior to the launch of Phinny, the Devs of Macaroniquest Two came out and disabled it to work on Phinigel. I guess some put in a lot of work to bypass some of the coding and could eventually use some of it on phinigel, but never to an extend where you see it work as it does now on the latest TLP's.

I suspect those servers aren't as protected against it by the team of those hosting this program as they are protecting Phinigel from it.
  3. Pheerie New Member

Oh sorry, I didn't know you were famous and should be spoken to with some reverence. Your opinion of your place in the EQPlayer hierarchy compared to my lowly peasant position does not change the fact that you are totally delusional if you think that none of that ever happened during year 1+ of Phinny.
    Pirlo, Kahna and Nolrog like this.
  4. That One Guy Augur

It's sad but I feel like they refuse to do something about it because they don't want to lose all the krono these people are consuming. There are 2 36 boxers that warp, VM, script everything. They get reported all the time and it really would not be difficult for a GM to see them do it. Or these examples above, and the video we've already seen. It's so easy to tell they are using that program.

Daybreak really needs to step their game up. They are trying to ignore the problem but they are going to lose so many real players in the process.

I am glad people are doing God's work. Post videos here or in other channels so daybreak can't keep pretending like it is not a problem. It's a huge problem. It is rampant and if nothing is done about it, the next server will be just a bunch of people cheating. You need to put your foot down and ban these people to set examples.

The people are more than willing to help you expose these people. Use their resources and do not ignore their help and give the typical copy/paste reply on petitions. When warpers are being reported and nothing happens for weeks... it's an issue. Now we have actual video proof of people AFK scripting. They do everything completely AFK and it's so very easy to tell what is going on.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I was one of the main people boxing camps on Phinny which is why i mention it and it's why i know you have 0 clue what you're talking about. Even the most contested camps like Efreeti and Seb King were literally open half the time outside of NA primetime. The software in question didn't even become available on truebox servers until Quarm dropped which was 8-10 months after Phinny started and that was the legal 3rd party boxing software with some of it's features disabled. People boxed camps on Phinny but they were people like myself with my cleric/chanter 2 box, there were a few people 3 boxing camps and some necros soloing certain things or selling PLs in HS with an OP charm pet. But none of the Voldemort stuff you have going on in Coirnav. The Chinese botters that AFK spam general chat didn't even exist on Phinny they were on live servers until Agnarr dropped
  6. Suzzy New Member

Exactly, the video I took that was removed from these forums was submitted via petition and was marked resolved. The people in said video were back in Chardok using automated playing the next day.

If we want change, we need to make Daybreak realize it's going to cost more to protect these 36 boxers than to remove them. Take the crusade to social media, reply to their posts with proof of what's going on. Let their potential customers know what's being allowed to transpire.
  7. Krimzin Augur

lol it was marked resolved? and they were there again?
  8. Chillies New Member

I have been told by multiple people now that TLP is the new wild wild west, anything goes.
  9. Punchu Augur

By Live server or TLP 2.0 (Fippy/Vulak) standards is pretty tame these days. Trak kills on Vulak use to be determined by who was geographically closer to the game servers, and had lower ping, as everyone was using automated SK's to HT him the nanosecond he spawned.

edit: also I bet our friends on ragefire and lockjaw find these threads quaint.
  10. Funnything Journeyman

hate to break it to you but was on phinigel day 1 lol. it just wasnt as obvious because people didnt know which broadcast software to use or that VMs worked so wasnt more than maybe 3 or 4 6 boxers on the server.

if you would fix VMs now it would bring all this boxing in line, even the asians im sure use VMs. its really the VMs that would fix this bigger farmer picture, whether they have M Q or an asian supply chain of workers, these people arent buying physical computers to apply their M Q or asians to.
  11. sapientNode New Member

Sadly as a returning player thinking I would get to play an Old school EQ experience I will not...
    DBG will likely do almost nothing to fix botting scripting or even the free for all train wrecks that are uber Pling for Krono. It is likely that is half their population and looks good on paper.
    I figured that the TLP would have some more strict rules but it is obvious the True Box policy is simply a suggestion.

I have now seen starting from my 20s entire armies running through areas all boxed together. They come right into camps start tagging and grabbing. And with Krono super cheap compared to Live on TLP the farmers are gonna come and DBG will mostly ignore it since they are making money from farmers and it looks like a strong population is active.

It is sad but MMO = work today and the actual fun game part maybe we will see it again one day.
  12. KermittheFroglok Augur

Have you posted videos of the players?
  13. That One Guy Augur

They take down videos that people post that clearly show people cheating. And then they give you a warning for it...

There should be nothing wrong with posting a video of someone playing Everquest. Why would it be against the rules? We are just showing what is going on in game...
  14. Spayce Augur

A single botter makes DBG more money than all the whiners combined. DBG loves them. Stop being naive.
    Iyacc likes this.
  15. RandomStrategy Augur

Here's a question: is it even profitable for asians to farm a 20 year old game? I have no idea what the RMT market is like.
  16. Aegir Augur

Here's what EQmule wrote somewhere during Velious:

"The macro engine is disabled therefor there is no such thing as an /if statement.
    there is no map.
    There is no /who to display who is in a zone.
    I don't see a single point of automation being possible unless you are at the keyboard clicking away.
    Let's not start any unfound rumors of the evilness of "the program" it's barely been out a day and we are still testing it and if any unforeseen side effects still remain that allow people to gain an unfair advantage they will be removed.
    I'm sure this thread will get locked but I hope my post stays for future reference.
    You CAN click on your targets name in the target window and if you have something on your cursor it will open a trade.
    You CAN do /useitem <name of item> and it will cast the clicky on it. (If it's accessible to the normal /useitem)
    You can type /cast <name of some spell> And it will cast it.
    Those are some examples that in no way are cheating, just utility.
    You CAN NOT see all the mobs in a zone.
    You CAN NOT target mobs that are not within line of sight.
    You CAN NOT run any macros or afk automate anything at all.
    This might have the same name as the "Program" but there are more differences than likenesses.

Also I like to mention that I personally didn't want anything to do with the true box mode, I was very happy with the prevention of it on phinny and I feel that I was successful in the months since the release to keep it under control, but Others wanted a FULL version and this was a compromise that I could feasibly get an agreement on instead.

So there is that. If I would have stayed out of it, this would have ended up in a full fledged version.
    Now we have this, and it's not super bad... Maybe not what everyone wanted, but it's better than the alternative."

It was a thread concerning they made a TLP version of the "Program" with the launch of Quarm.

Can look at the whole thread here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-program-is-now-allowing-phinigel-dbg.234102/
  17. Quill Augur

Since when does a botter actually pay the sub? If they're consuming Krono, that doesn't mean because someone else paid for that Krono. Simply ban them and take the Krono and trash it. If you go by that philosophy, they now just made a ton of money. Right?

Or are we saying that botters actually pay for the subs with cash? Which... lol.. I doubt. But honestly... if they do... that's hilarious. If you're that setup such that you pay sub cash for a 18 or 24 box setup(and almost certainly month-to-month)... at that point i'd be like.. fine.

But consuming Krono doesn't mean much as that sale has already been made, and they aren't getting anything more for it because a dude clicked Consume.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

If a krono falls from a banned account does an accountant hear it?
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Take it down from where? Here? Post it on the Everquest subreddit.
  20. Krimzin Augur

plenty of stuff posted around on corinav discord