Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Daedly Augur

I just boxed Wending ways. It was not fun, and rathe annying. Died a few times. But not due to difficulty, rafher not paying attention. The boss mobs arent super powerful, dont think i seen any AE's. They have a crap ton of HP though. However, you can sit and med up before you move to the next.

I would suggest people struggling, work on that one first. Time consuming, especially when learning to navigate, but outside of that really simple.
  2. NeverPayForLag Augur

thanks.. perhaps makes sense..
    I am giving up on Trial of Three...
    I had enough wipes.. my experience bar looks devastated...
  3. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I'm having a blast, (other than the usual situation with some quests that appear to be buggy) but my gear/aa situation is pretty good.

I think people that are not in a raiding guild might be contemplating whether or not they want to quit. Especially if they are a sub-optimal class.
  4. Critts Augur

This exspansion has only one true flaw aside from the typical. There is no open kite friendly zone available to players as soon as they buy. With that being said the group gear is very very good so if you can get it you will feel rewarded. I personally like the challenge, however there is very little here for the casual player. I hope that GMM 20th anniversary is going to be a casual friendly zone.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

My impression of TBL so far is that this expansion is designed to make soloing, moloing, swarming, kiting, PLing, mercs, and boxing obsolete.

The AE damage is a key feature of this design. It's just the right amount and frequency to kill level 110 mercs having 140-150k hit points or lower level boxes/alts. You can't actively tank multiple mobs. Between AE and melee, damage spikes are constant and lethal for lower hit point characters.

If you don't like playing in 6 person raids to progress out of the first entry zone, don't play.
    Annastasya and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Nice tip. I didn't know they didn't see through invis. I knew it didn't reset and I could've zerged it but I assumed that was a bug and didn't want to cheapen the first tough mission by abusing it.

But if I can invis up between phases I think this'll make the event much easier, both because I can control the start of each phase and because if I can take a breather and let cooldowns refresh I can be more aggressive about using my defensive cooldowns that I was saving for later phases.

I've seen a number of people talk about the AE damage, but I haven't personally seen much AE damage that hasn't been manageable. Which fights have obscene AE?
  7. Ravanta Suffer Augur

6 person raids? Now that's amusing.
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

my mage box's earth pet tanks 2 just fine with a merc healer, 3 if I patch on the shaman.
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

Try a named.... or a trial...

else the only incentive you have is cherry-picking some mobs to get some AA and thats it...
    And this is safer and easier in EoK or RoS zones... there is no need for a new expansion...
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Pirlo like this.
  10. enclee Augur

Are we talking about UF levels of tuning?

What's the expectation of group content? Is it designed for 2-3 players and their mercs or 6 real players? Is it realistic with the current population to tune the game around 6 real players?
    Pirlo likes this.
  11. enclee Augur

Why would anyone want to pay and spend the time to beta test a product?
  12. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I just think it needs to be more boxer friendly. That is all.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Pirlo like this.
  13. Febb Augur

I'm surprised they got as much done as they did in beta as short handed as the devs are, however there are things that obviously still needed to be done. This is one of those expansion cycles unlike RoS where they are behind and need a little more time to get things done. Lets at least give them a chance to see what tuning looks like in the next patch.
    Tucoh likes this.
  14. Maedhros High King

I think you guys who are still complaining that the game is too hard for group geared players should look at these two links.
    Raid Bp from ROS
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=151621

Group TS BP from TBL
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=160421

Thats just insane.
    Figure out how to say hello to another human in game, /tells is a start.
    Put together a group, struggle through a few missions, get outrageous group gear, win.

Because thats all that matters right? The quality of the gear. Not the talent of the player. Thats what I am reading over and over.
    The fact is the gear is readily available to groupers. You can much more easily gear up on group gear than raiders can get new raid gear. 2 visibles, a weapon, a couple of the diminished muhbis for group ts gear and several augs have been in every single Smoke trial that I've beaten. If this isnt the biggest loot pinata expansion in history then I don't know what is.
  15. Tucoh Augur

How many smoke trials have you beaten where you've gotten them every time? I've done six trials and all but two of the other missions and have gotten 2x Diminished Inhabited Muhbis. Both of which were from the Delivery quest for Fennin ro.

I didn't have any expectations for how rare they'd be, but unless I'm missing something from the sample size (12 or so missions?) they're rare enough that I'm not planning on upgrading my entire team with them.
  16. Mintalie Augur

^^^ Everything about this expansion is obviously anti-boxer. Which for DBG is really cutting off your nose to spite your own face. More accounts = more $$$. If people can't box, they're going to drop accounts. It's like DBG wants to kill EQ.
    It already has happened. The entirety of TBL is anti-boxing to the point where it absolutely must have been intentional.
    How can you say that it's not overtuned followed by a perfect example of exactly how overtuned it is?
    It's rather astonishing that you had time to find a group at all given the amount of absolute $hit-talking you were doing about me in general.
    Less than one minute to figure it out and engage is idiotic. Having to use tools that raiders use in the group game is also idiotic. A casual shouldn't be forced to use GINA to progress.
    I'm also experiencing this issue.
    Please, I beg of you, give me your hookup so I can get some of that sweet stuff you must be smoking. This trial is impossible without two healers and two tanks or one tank and one really ridiculously strong pet class and a ton of DPS.
    ^^^ All of this.
    Graves, Corwyhn Lionheart and Pirlo like this.
  17. Ezbro Elder

I got a smile on my face. Didn't buy the expansion :D
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

1) It's only been 6 days. 2) They already said they're looking at retuning things. 3) Come to beta next time if you're the casual type player. 4) Carry on with the ranting.
  19. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

On the other hand, the usual FV bros will get me my gear anyway. :D
  20. Tucoh Augur

That's what I thought too! Was pretty tough but doable to box it, especially since the boss ignores pets when players are in melee range.

Then I figured out that in the twister trial (Trial of the Eternal Cyclone) you don't have to tank the boss, you can range DPS it. As long as you can avoid the merge from the first two mobs that spawn, you can do it with very little gear / healing.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.