THE top raiding guild on Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Traphouse, Dec 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dranix Augur

I didnt take a single piece of loot since classic to get my insanity crawler lewts. 525 dkp well spent! All those nights wiping on these hard encounters for nothing sure paid off.
  2. Fumi-chan Augur

tl;dr: some people really, really care about pixels and who gets them/who doesn't in a 20 year old video game.

I like Krim's post, many of us just play to have fun with friends, loot is secondary and will come in time. We're what, 3 weeks into Luclin? Who cares who has BiS, we're all going to replace it with 5 months of Quarm splits. :p
  3. DizzleFoShizzle New Member

Seems as if most of the "top" guilds continue to zerg content with 72 person raids. I mean, look at RI's DKP site over 100+ players. The Final Crusade with 97. The Fallen Council with 182 players. LOL.

News flash! Being able to fill a raid to 72 and kill stuff is easy mode and in no way represents any level of skill.

Show me a guild that kills all this stuff with half of that and rarely wipes and perhaps you've found a contender for the "Top" guild.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Some people want to eat certified prime steak, some people want to eat McNuggets.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

The problem with that is the game invites too much turnover. It's actually harder to maintain a solid core of 36 raiders than just fill a raid with 60+ warm bodies. That's the nature of EQ and a company that doesn't really care enough about retaining customers.
  6. DizzleFoShizzle New Member

I suppose that would be true if recruits are targeted as "warm bodies" and are going through minimal vetting. Guilds control who they recruit and can easily place requirements on raid attendance and skill. There are plenty of EQ players who have played for years and plan to play for the long-term - at least until Pantheon.

I don't think it would be difficult to create a guild with this approach.
  7. took2summit11 Augur

This argument is so stupid. I do not play TLP but have enjoyed watching this from the sidelines, but this comment got me to crawl out of the cave. Should we suddenly laugh at anyone that plays competitive chess because its a 1400 year old game? You’re no better than someone bragging about 20 year old pixels because you make fun of them for doing it. You obviously have no competitive bone in your body and that’s fine, but until the world stops caring about a 1400 year old game, chess, you should probably find a much better argument than to make fun of someone for caring about a 20 year old game.
  8. a_librarian Augur

Mods please lock this thread and release us from this hell
  9. RandomStrategy Augur

This is what you deserve for joining Coirnav. We warned you.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  10. Vedette Journeyman

I'm a huge proponent of a TLP with no OW, and 54 man capped raids.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  11. Fumi-chan Augur

Just wait until the servers are down tomorrow for 7-12 hours. You think it's bad now, but we haven't even reached peak levels of sh*tposting in this thread. I expect great things from you all!
    That0neguy likes this.
  12. Dranix Augur

I lost my competitive bone in nam back in 69'.

For real tho.

You should crawl back into your cave. You can snuggle with your non-sequitur arguments and have dreams of posting other fallacious crap.
    jeskola likes this.
  13. jeskola pheerie

Weird nonsense analogies up in here. Prime rib vs mcnuggets, chess vs EQ... Prime rib will always be prime rib. EQ tlp loot prime rib becomes mcnuggets 2 or 3 months later.

Chess doesn't have gear upgrades. If you to compare eq to chess agewise, the people on live with endgame loot are grandmasters and you are playing your first games with Daddy at age 3.

Spouting off nonsensical analogies to attempt to look elite just makes you look dumb.
  14. That0neguy Augur

I thought you didn't care.
  15. Took2summmit Elder

Really dumb response from a really dumb person. That's like saying any board game that came after chess are the real grandmasters and people playing 1400 year old chess are playing with daddy at 3. Real dumb also to say I'm trying to look elite when I specifically said I dont even play on TLP. So how am I trying to look elite? I guess you're just trying to look dumb.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

And then there are those that prefer extra salt.
  17. Funnything Journeyman

Clearly this post reflects how toxic instanced raiding has made EQ.
  18. That0neguy Augur

Oh for sure. I mean there was no drama before instance raiding was a thing......
  19. Imdead Augur

What about the McRib?
    jeskola likes this.
  20. Coirnav Augur

This thread should have been locked days ago. The forum moderation team need some civilian help?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.