Another boxing video

Discussion in 'Casters' started by IblisTheMage, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Aurastrider Augur

I don't actually have them in macro form just keyboard on my hotbar. There is 1 spell 1 AA plus mod rod and horn of unity from anniversary event. Before I figured out how to add the extra keys for ISB horn was not set on a broadcast key but now it is. I just keep them all in rotation trying to use them between pulls. The AA can now be used at any time instead of when mana is less than 20%
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Not sure if this helps.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

helps a ton man that is freakin amazing. You don't even know how excited I am just learning this and coming across the ability to add extra keys beyond 1 through =. This will allow me to utilize way more abilities on my box toons that I have not been able to fit into the limited number of keys. It also has me considering going back to 6 boxing again having better control of my cleric or another priest since I have a high level of all 3.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

I am so happy that it was of any use :).

I want to make a script that trims the UI to fit the setup, so that it is possible to move from one PC to another with very little work. I want it to be easily shareable, so that more can pick it up, modify it, use it, etc.

Also, I want to make it even slimmer and more uniform.

I am considering that the script should contain the UI modding, so that no other DL of UI mods are necesary (but it would also be very much a choice limiting options).
  5. Aurastrider Augur

Not exactly sure what this means as my computer technical abilities are pretty low but it sounds like you are wanting to make a custom UI that incorporates the ISB mods/settings you apply so someone could simply download the custom UI and it would apply these changes to ISB also without having to configure everything manually every time?
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

No, but that is a really good idea :)
  7. Brohan07 Journeyman

Iblis!! thank you so much. For a while I have been been playing with ISO B, but just for kicks. Really it was ONE hotbar overlayed which was simply there to click an emergency heal etc.

It took me a while to figure out your click through window that you created. No matter how many times I followed your video, I could NOT get it to work for me. Turns out years ago to try and make my Win 7 PC faster I disabled in the registry my AERO themes. Apparently you need this to get what you have to work. Freaking drove me NUTS for hours till I read the actual message in the "seeing green?" window. Anyhow works now.

I can now see the health of my chars, clicks whatever I want, without having to constantly switch between my main and my healer. I truly appreciate the videos you made. I am loving this game more just for this. I two box with friends, always my healer helping the party out, rather than let a grumpy old merc soak up the XP and this has helped tremendously. Cheers.
    IblisTheMage and Quatr like this.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Thank you so much :).
  9. Fohpo Augur

Mage finally 110 and working on AAs, liking it so far! Advice from this thread and a few others have the mage sitting around 100k sustained with only 14k AA and a Soulcatcher's for EM, working on getting it some better foci, augs, and Rk. II spells.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. slayerofbats Augur

3rd party software is banned, yet all this stuff is ok? Why are the rules so messed up in this game?
  11. Quatr Augur

The last official response that I am aware was posted in the thread "I. S. Boxer. Is this illegal?" in 2012:

The way I read it, command automation across multiple EQ instances is OK to use as long as you are at the keyboard.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  12. Fohpo Augur

I've never understood the crusade against multi-boxers, I don't prevent you from still playing the game the way you choose. Regardless of if I'm playing all 5-6 or not, if you rolled up to me and my group at a camp and there's no spots you aren't joining anyway. Automation, sure - I can get people going against afk bot farmers, but ISBoxers who are actively controlling don't impact your gameplay (outside of maybe the TLPs, where krono farmers were boxing 12 mages).
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. slayerofbats Augur

I can understand the hate, because it means almost any individual player can claim the camp of almost any group mob in the game. It used to be that these mobs needed a group. So when other people come along, and that spot is being claimed by some guy maybe just 2 boxing, it prevents potentially 5 other passers by from having a group that they could have had otherwise.

That said, most of the classes in this old game are not fun enough for me to 1 box so for me it is multibox or don't play. I think DB just need to do a better job of catering to everyone. The progression servers they are pumping out now are a step in the right direction, they just need to think about their rulesets. I find "True Box" offensive on principle, because it is so illogical and achieves nothing. Servers should either be boxable or not boxable.