Another boxing video

Discussion in 'Casters' started by IblisTheMage, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Aurastrider Augur

I never understood why anyone would care about what others find fun in EQ as long as it is within the scope of the EULA and people play by the old play nice policies (no mega mage armies rolling through other peoples camps and destroying their gameplay because dps wins).

For me playing 1 toon is boring and personally I socialize a lot in EQ without grouping with other people (although there are some people I would stop what I am doing to group with). Judging by your name you enjoy the TLP game which seems to have a rather negative perspective regarding boxers. If you are one of those people that abandoned the community making grouping more difficult and basically creating a situation where for many people they either box or quit EQ if they want to progress you are just as much to blame for boxing as the boxers themselves. Now that all of the cool kids have returned they want everyone else to stop what they are doing and come join their 10 minutes of fun before they ride off into the sunset again leaving us in the same situation? No thank you I will stick to my box crew because the only time they take a break from the game is when I take a break.
  2. Fohpo Augur

Right now, I'm liking the setup of sk, shm, bard, zerk, mage and I think I'm going to give up on the perfect synergy dream in a group setting. Debating what to add for a 6th, probably another range, maybe wizard or a cleric. I'm keeping the ranger for buffs but it's on the mage account.

As far as why people box, it doesn't always have to be black and white, you can be social AND box... I drop boxes and bring people all the time - or use the boxes to help others all the time. Had a group that couldn't kill Sentinel in OT just the other day ask me to kill it for them while I was working on a merc task. Ran over, smashed named, let them loot, and buffed them before being on my way. They recognize one of my toons and knew I ran a crew occasionally.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

You might consider adding a couple more accounts just to utilize as buff bots if buffs are that important to you. Currently I am only 5 boxing but I always load 8 or more accounts. I have 3 buff bot accounts with an enchanter, sham, and druid. I used my free HC on my druid account to make a ranger and slowly level him up when I am bored. Give them all anchors to my yards and anniversary stuff is coming up so get them drunkard steins and buffing your toons is simple if you want to mobilize them around norath for other purposes as I do my buff bots. When I want a fresh set of buffs my combat toons throw down a campfire and either use their stein or anchor and my buff bots do the same. They buff me and I campfire back usually before the mobs have respawned and I send my bots back to fishing or foraging for me while I play.
  4. Fohpo Augur

Originally, it was more about stacking aDPS and abusing group synergy but ranger/full melee groups are a pain to constantly position. I'm more just willing to say screw it and focus on classes I enjoy playing, I might end up loading more buff bots this year if they give out HCs again but I'm in no rush to have a bot for each buff.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Well, I played around with the ISB Layout-wizards (the gui-thing, not the EQ class), until I got one where the playing window is just maximized.

Then I made a “Source” on the toons, that was 80x800, and then I made sure to type in locations, after I had placed it.

Then I made a viewer at the main toon for each source.

I can make a video showing it, if you want. It should only take a minute or two to go through the principle.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

That would be awesome. I am seriously a software noob. I pretty much run ISB stock and have done so for years. The last time I tried to mess around with it lets just say I spent days trying to alter something only to make it run like garbage. Still trying to figure out how to dual monitor on my laptop with both video cards (but I want my non integrated card to be the one that functions) without it going all wonky. I don't play on that computer much so I have not looked into it for a while.
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

Here it is:

Bear with my Danish accent :-D

Iblis and Tandriniel are toon names, btw.

Let me know how if there is something I can make more clear.
  8. Fohpo Augur

There's also a bunch of posts on their website and YouTube about how to add these things.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

Yes but none with a cool Danish accent though!
  10. Aurastrider Augur

Awesome tutorial I will have to look into doing something like this on my toons. With the displayed toons on your main screen does it serve any function other than view only or can you place thing in that region and click on them from your main toons screen?

Basically I really want the ability to have functional hotbars from my box toons on my main toons screen if that is even possible? This way I could better utilize some of the things that are on their hotbars but are not keybound to keys 1 through =
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

At 2:49 I check the option that enables to click on the viewer so that it happens on the source. The mouse icon is strangely enough not visible when I record, maybe it is a setting.

As mentioned, having this enabled runs the risk of accidentally move or resize UI elements on the source toon, so some UI element locking might be needed, but try it out without locking first.

Btw, danes find danish accent very goofy... :-D
  12. Aurastrider Augur

Awesome I got it to work just messing around with a fast new layout. Is there anyway that you know of to have functional hotbars from a box account onto the main so instead of just mirroring its actually functional?

Either way I am going to have to reconfigure my mains UI again to add these things. Being able to see my other toons health when I am not in the same zone as them is pretty nice so I know when they are taking damage in case I am searching zam or something blocking my view on one screen.
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

I am not sure what the question is, I am afraid. With the 2:49 option, you can click on the hotbar shown from Tandriniel, while being on Ibliz. Do you mean this, or something different?
  14. Aurastrider Augur

There is already broadcasting and you can utilize the build in green bar that comes with ISB but that only broadcasts to keys 1 through = on hotbar1. Is there a way to add extra hotbars so instead of being limited to 12 keys for broadcasting I can increase it? I was hoping that the clip from Toon A placed on Toon B's screen would be interactive instead of a view only clip if that makes sense. At least on my end it is only functioning as a mirror image of my other toon and has no function in terms of clicking on it. I placed mine around Hotbar2 on one of my mages with hopes that my SK could click on this and it would activate my mages hotkeys. I will have to watch it again as I am not familiar with the different options yet by number and am running on an hour of sleep so my brain cells are more or less crashing into each other instead of firing of signals as they should.
  15. Fohpo Augur

What do you nuke lineup/macro and mana management look like?
  16. Aurastrider Augur

well by chance I actually came across a video that shows how to expand the keys past 1 through = so now I am working at utilizing F1 through F8 since I don't ever use them
  17. Aurastrider Augur

my current spell lineup is chaotic, spear, spear and storm of many.

Since I separated both of my swarm AA's from my burn macros I was considering adding storm of many to each of those and just spam it after I cast my swarm pets to see what kind of dps that will do.

Also with being able to add F1-F8 I can add alliance to F1-4 for each mage and horn of unity on F 5-8 so I don't have to swap over to them anymore.

My sk utilizes the number pad and the keys next to it (ins, del, home, end, pgup, pgdown) and has some overlap with the mages (when I hit 1 which is assist key for my mages my sk pet attacks also for instance and my sk has his mod rod also in there just so I can better keep track of cool down not so much because he needs it).

I am always open to suggestions on improvements though. I have not done anything really combat related since the last bonus weekend and have been farming pretty hardcore to finish evolving my artisans prize so I am a little rusty in terms of real combat (combine that with literally all my keybinds and macros going poof and trying to put things back in place and making sure it works has been a challenge).
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

I will make another video adressing those issues :)
  19. Aurastrider Augur

I did find out how to add extra keys beyond 1 through = while I was trying to find out more information on the video you posted. Just dumb luck I guess. He does say there is a way to add extra green click bars but says its in a different video which I have yet to find. Those guys post a crap ton of videos which I sat through about 2 hours worth totaling 3 videos before I had to take a break. I took notes this time though as I was watching so I could actually apply the information I was learning. I know what a concept right.
  20. Fohpo Augur

What do you do for mana management macros? I don't have mana issues on the SK so I never need to mod rod on him. I know there's a few tricks to gaining back massive amounts of mana on a mage but I didn't want to go that route during lessons or a rolling burn.