Bypassing Security Lock - Ban

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Cstoner187, Nov 29, 2017.

1. qq1zy New Member

I just realized I got other 6 accounts banned, I leveled them from level 1 and they are f2p accounts.
  2. Guzzle Augur

Thank you, this is great to hear for those that are affected!
  3. Imladris54 New Member

What do people who do not own a cell phone do ? This is just absurd to be honest. What are you doing about people who had all access and lost game time over this ? They did nothing wrong. You could email the people about setting up 2 factor before banning the account which your customer service cannot fix for days. I put in a ticket 2 minutes after this happen and have not gotten a response in 24hrs.

Nothing in the terms of service requires us to setup 2 factor we should not have to. You cannot honestly expect every customer to own a cell phone.
    Cazmac likes this.
  4. Catashe Augur

Problem is I don't think he's admitting that you need it.. That its just some glitch or something with your account.. Maybe no secret question set or something else that causes this problem
  5. Imladris54 New Member

They banned me 2 months ago and made me reset my sq, email, password i did all of this. They told me to setup 2 step so it doesnt happen again. I do not own a cell phone i should not be banned because i cannot setup 2 step. Losing playing time is unacceptable when I have done nothing wrong. There is NOTHING in the Terms of Service requiring you to use 2 step.
    Cazmac likes this.
  6. Guzzle Augur

Use an android , download a texting app, setup 2FA. Good to go.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Doesn't that require you to have SMS-support for your phone subscription?
  8. Guzzle Augur

Nope. You literally just emulate everything. You could do the same thing with an iPod touch, a tablet, or any old phone on Wi-Fi without having a subscription.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

But can you "emulate" having a valid phone number DBG can send their message to?

I know that you can emulate the hardware and software(practical for app-development), but having a valid phone number DBG can contact me with, requires a subscription with a phone-provider? Or can I just make up any random number, that DBG can use, and it will work?

Just like you can emulate a "network connection" for your computer, but you can't emulate an email-client, that can receive real emails on emulated hardware....:confused:
  10. Alexia New Member

can always use Google Voice , for a Phone number, will email you or forward to a house number
    complexication and Jumbur like this.
  11. Guzzle Augur

Yes, you can have a phone number that receives phone calls or text messages for free via an app that you download without requiring a phone subscription of any kind. The only requirement is an internet connection.

How many more times / ways do I need to say the same thing?

Go to Google and type in "free calling and texting app" and click the first link that you see that isn't an ad.
    Jumbur likes this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Hmm, the first many links seems to be a US/Canada-only thing if you want to use it for free...maybe there are some free alternatives that will work in Europe too, will have to look more....

Thanks for the heads-up...:)
  13. Grisnkh Lorekeeper

This is a horrible solution. Really relying on a fake number and app just for security to play a game?

Figure something else out daybreak.
    Cazmac likes this.
  14. Luudo New Member

Will these be replied to quicker than the usual week+ time it takes for most replies from CS
    Guzzle likes this.
  15. Guzzle Augur

I completely agree, but if you really want to play I was simply providing a solution for those who don't have a cell phone (in 2017?) or the capability of receiving text messages.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Parsli Journeyman

My guess is that these bans were aimed at other games (H1Z1 / PlanetSide2 among others) and that they're precautionary, not permanent. I don't think Daybreak really forces this stuff onto people. And like others have said, if your account isn't stolen or obtained via a EULA breaking method, you can just use Google Voice numbers to verify your accounts.

Contacting customer support is the best way to get these issues resolved, either way. The player support forums can't help you here and this topic should be locked.
  17. complexication Kassina

Talonthalis, code-zero and Guzzle like this.
  18. Donutsz12 Elder

I'm still sitting here with an open ticket with CS and no replies. If they are going to give a reply saying put in a petition and they will be glad to take care of it... Then have the staff available to take care of this and expedite it.
    Cazmac, qq1zy and Guzzle like this.
  19. Gialana Augur

This is a little off topic, but I was wondering if people have experience with setting up 2fa and later switching phone numbers. Is it possible to switch the phone number DBG will message?
  20. Roxxlyy Augur

I would imagine queue times will be about the same since the CS folks will also be dealing with the rest of the tickets that come in as usual. However, the getting the issue itself resolved from start to finish should be a quick and easy process.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.