Shrouds broken - crashes client post 19/07/2017

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Drusi, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Drusi Augur

Problem: shrouded characters are unable to log in post 19/07/2017 patch

How to replicate:
    • go to POK,
    • shroud (tested with Level 5 Fire Imp, Level 70 Earth Elemental)
    • Camp out(either character select or completely).
    • Shrouded character will be unable to log back in the game(client crash window appears)

This is a big problem, because it means that being shrouded you have to hope you do not get disconnected.

Tested on 3 different computers(laptop, 2 desktops).

PS Other characters continue working, just the shrouded one crashes client.
  2. Drusi Augur

Update:

• Made Level 10 Bear shroud in POK
    • Zoned into Guild Lobby fine
    • Camped out to character Select from GL
    • Logged in and actually was able to see zone for a split second but client crashed again

I am running out of alts to test this on :eek:

I am actually surprised that zoning did not cause the crash but logging in does. I mean what is the difference?
  3. blood & gufts Augur

Nice that people report in. But when that said, there is a slight issue.

It really should have been put under live bugs, as it is something live, that happened with recent patch.
    It gives devs better chance to see and correct the thing.

But also, check if there something in bug subject as well

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/live-update-bugs-07-19-17.242733/page-2

Here you see a dev is already looking at it. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/live-update-bugs-07-19-17.242733/page-4
  4. Drusi Augur

Thanks B&G! I posted the report on the link you provided.

It appears the devs are working on this shroud issue and fix is almost done. *cross my heart*
  5. Leah New Member

I am not sure about anyone else who is having this problem but I submitted a ticket over 48 hours ago. When is this issue estimated to be fixed?
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Up in the bug forums a dev commented: "I've spent most of my day working on fixing the shroud crashing, it's being tested internally now to make sure it works correctly." I don't think they give eta's.
  7. klanderso Developer

This is fixed internally and has been pushed up to test earlier today. I'm hoping to get it out to live as soon as possible, but can't give any ETAs right now.

Edit: They're fixed now :)