Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lateryn Augur

Actually kind of worrying. Is there that little communication in your office?
  2. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

There are still plenty of bottlenecks tho that dont really "work" for this high of population that EQ wasnt really designed around. Look at SK epic as another example.
  3. Pikallo Augur

I was specifically referring to the discussion in this thread. Enc/SK epics are another topic.
  4. Rhodz Augur

No one is freaking out over what was done though no one has any reason to be happy with it, conversely given their acts of the very recent past the way it was done is perhaps the worst one can as it leaves open a lot of questions beginning with "What else?".
  5. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

I think its more fun to pile on to the issues seen over past tlps and not much has changed in general cause theres always something new that happens :).
  6. Galleyan Augur

I predict radio silence going forward, that is SOP. Deny, deflect, and then ignore.
    Rhodz and ZappedBoys like this.
  7. Rhodz Augur

Going to let you be right this time so you can hate it.
  8. Pikallo Augur

It seemed pretty clear to me. Just because you don't like it or don't agree with it doesn't mean it is not a legitimate explanation.
  9. Galleyan Augur

I despise being right. Pretty sure everyone has always let me be right just to watch me go nuclear.
    Wayloss and Rhodz like this.
  10. Tseroth91 New Member

#wipeitclean2017
  11. Syllestrae Elder

Prathun, I'm really not sure why you're digging in on this. Swing by north Qeynos on Phinigel and look at the density of level 1 mobs.... their proximity to one another, their proximity to higher level hostile mobs, their proximity to the city gates, and the overall area in which they are spawning. Then go to Nektulos and look at the same. Qeynos is just like it always was. There's some better eyeball and tibia loot and such out there, but the mob density etc is the same as it always was. Nek, however, is completely trashed.

I know there are some differences from zone to zone. It's always been the case that some newbie yards were better than others, but what's happening in Nektulos (based on first-hand experience) and what's happening in everfrost (based on reports from others) is drastically different from what these spawn areas looked like in in the early 2000's.

I played EQ from release date (when the servers were up) and it is just not going to be possible for level 1 characters to level up in these zones. Maybe there will be some delivery quests in town they can use to get to level 2 or 3 at least, but with the nerfed quest XP that's less of a possibility.

This isn't a matter of lazy players whining that you're not putting snakes into their mailbox, it really is broken.
  12. Anarth Lorekeeper

What was the explanation there Goku? All I heard was boilerplate.
  13. Galleyan Augur

I'll help Vegeta out. It was, "I don't care." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  14. Rhodz Augur

15. Syllestrae Elder

This isn't even "how it was". Everfrost and Nektulos were never like they are on Phinigel. It'd be like if suddenly half the karts in mario kart spawned with no gas in the tanks and the devs told people to quit whining because they can just get out and push them around the track or use a different kart.
  16. Galleyan Augur

Taking bets on Prathun being salty at all of us and setting Agnarr to Phinny exp rates on day 1?

[IMG]
  17. Armistice New Member

Quest experience went a long way towards transitioning smoothly through the early levels. If the only way to get anywhere is to kill many, many snakes than taking away the amount of snakes a week before Agnarr launches doesn't add a lick of value to the server.
  18. Celestias Journeyman

First of all, its a discussion, not an argument.. and this is 100% happening.

If you'd just please have your QA check the starting area of say, Qeynos/FP or outside Felwithe or Kelethin and compared it to the barren wastelands that is just outside the Neriak gates in Nektulos Forest you would see there is a HUGE dependency in terms of mob spawn rate and the level of those mobs.

Honestly, and this is being generous, you will be lucky to find 1-2 mobs within 100 meters of the Neriak gate and if your even luckier, one of those 2 mobs might be level 1 -- How do you think this is going to go over on launch for people who want to roll DEs?..

To efficiently level, DEs are more or less forced to leave the newbie area which they once enjoyed as their early leveling home (the "newbie yard" area for DEs is simply not a viable leveling option, even with no players around let alone on launch day)

My recommendation to any DE's would be to definitely relocate to the newbie yard of another race (i.e. Freeport being the next closest) -- but for those of us who enjoyed that nektulos leveling experience and want to level at an efficient rate, this saddens us.
  19. Rhodz Augur

EF is even worse than Nek
    Reht likes this.
  20. Anarth Lorekeeper

all Prathun just heard was "there's mobs within 100 meters of Nek gate, and 50% are level 1"

smh
    Rhodz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.