Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhodz Augur

*shrugs* at that point there would be zero reason to ever give DBG another dime so whatever, I save some money and find another amusement.
  2. Healingyousometimes Journeyman

hell yeah, I will roll bard right now :)
    Rhodz likes this.
  3. Pictarous Augur

Friday, afternoon: "Nothing is wrong, what are you talking about, 300-400 mobs respawn instantly"
    Friday night, 2 videos posted: "Ok maybe something is going on. Ill check on it over the weekend"
    Monday, different dev: "Lol, its more "classic" now. Isnt that what you idiots wanted anyway?"

Wouldn't be a TLP release without DBG breaking a patch and trying to cover it, walking it back, and then finally caving while insinuating we are all idiots.

Agnarr release is working as intended!
    anathema and Rhodz like this.
  4. Baldur Augur

You're assuming they will cave and change it back. I wouldn't hold my breath based on Prathun's comment.
    Rhodz likes this.
  5. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

TBH I would quit then and there.
  6. Celestias Journeyman

I have my suspicions that this issue may be affecting other areas too that we just don't know/hear about and so far it seems that Nektulos and Everfrost are the only ones experiencing low spawn rates and/or disproportionate mob level range for level 1's to kill outside the city gates-- Paineel seemed ok when I last checked, anyone else find any other problem areas? Nek is just the most obvious culprit.
    Rhodz likes this.
  7. Rhodz Augur

Anyone think about poor old EFP?
    Looks far more barren than Nek I mean seriously that is going to be a zoo.
    See yall in Qey I guess unless the /picks are set for 10 people in the zone and we know far better than that.
  8. Rhodz Augur

Checked GF outside Fel and there may be half the mobs there were and did not see the first treant so yeah good reason to suspect this deal is getting worse by the day. We are only assuming it is just he newbie areas and that may be correct. Qey seems a bit sparse but going from memory not hard data.
  9. Tseroth91 New Member

prathun have u logged into the game and walked into one of these zones yet? not just by looking at the code?
  10. Suntzukhan New Member

Don't mean to get off topic,

Will the pickzones be nerfed/nonexistent? Cause this will be a really bad idea (in my opinion)
  11. Ellis Elder

I guess I'll add my voice to the chorus who don't understand this change. I am trying to see the dev side of this as I'm pretty quick to be annoyed by whiny players, but I just don't see it. Why make levels 1-5 more annoying for people? It's not the meat and potatoes of Everquest to be "hunting" for something to kill, with no gear, no abilities, it's just a quick time when you're autoattacking your way up a few levels to where you can hopefully start playing a more interesting game. If there's going to be any changes to newbie areas it should skew in the direction of accommodating players, not making it more annoying for them.
  12. Rhodz Augur

Unknown, find out Wed perhaps, lot of us have been expecting some surprise on that.
  13. Azmandius New Member

Just what are we supposed to put in our new 40 slot bags if there are no mobs to kill?
    Rhodz and Healingyousometimes like this.
  14. Healingyousometimes Journeyman

Well said!
  15. KwwB New Member

I think the DE population is going to drop 50% now, but we'll see
  16. Reht The Dude abides...

Yeah, level as a different race and then race change......
  17. Rhodz Augur

I dont know maybe, but so far every zone I have checked has fewer mobs than it did just a while back.
    EFP is just... well looks like a zone wide death touch went off. Once you pass the gully it seems normal but wont vouch for it.
    Even WFP which has a good number has fewer, ditto Qey so how this works depends entirely on load balancing which is utterly unknown. Not quite ticked off enough to bail other than on the principle of the thing but it has not launched yet so ...
  18. Wolrok Elder

There's a lot of hyperbole in this thread.

It doesn't need to come from the developers too.

Of course there are still plenty of newbie mobs to kill. What will happen now is that people who roll Dark Elf characters or Barbarians will travel to the nearest newbie city where mobs are plentiful and begin killing there rather than their starting cities. Erudites that start in Erudin already have to do this (I have no idea what you guys did to the mob spawns in Toxxulia at some point, but that place is atrocious).

The mob spawns in Everfrost do not resemble classic EQ. That place was hellish to level up in due to how much stuff was always wandering around. Changing the mob spawns in Nektulos to be more similar to "classic" doesn't make sense when the entire zone in itself isn't classic. And I don't see why having a high spawn rate of level 1-2 fluffles is of any importance to anyone but level 1-5 players, and would never affect the server much in the long term, so I don't understand the reasoning behind this change.

The long term impact of this will be pretty insignificant, minus the fact that anyone who rolls a Barbarian or a Dark Elf will be taking their level 1 character to other zones to hunt in.
  19. Zapford Elder

How are the spawn rates in Lavastorm? Those get nerfed too? Maybe the known best exp zones are getting the hammer, not just newb yards.
  20. Healingyousometimes Journeyman

Nah, WFP will just be packed with DEs :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.