Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lateryn Augur

You
    You realize one of those responses was saying it was intended and to remove mobs that were added in GoD for zerkers to level easier? Then you look at Nek(Dark elveS) doesn't have zerkers. Kelethin(elves) doesn't have zerkers. Both feel very deserted when it comes to low level mobs. Then go look at the races that can be zerkers. Dorf unchanged still tons around, Inno/ferrot, both unchanged. Barb is the only one and it looks brutal.

So players are naturally going to think they are being lied to and that response was just given to try deflect or just bury it.
  2. phattoni Augur

im loling so hard right now...
  3. Rhodz Augur

Yeah responses that do not match what I just saw in the zones.
    No keep hammering until an explanation that fits what we seeing.
    After PH trust is pretty danged slim.
  4. Warlain Lorekeeper

Make a lvl 1 and try to get to lvl two.... then imagine 20,30,40 others in each pick trying.. I have no doubt everfrost has 300 ish npcs. They include the cheetahs, mammoths, goblins, etc?

We are talking about lvl 1-3 mobs. There is next to nothing to kill outside Halas, and I was the only character there
  5. Noone New Member

I prefer to think that the mobs have all just moved over to Agnarr waiting to be farmed.

It could also just be a visual bug, something else that will no doubt be tackled, or someone is just trying to stir the pot. I sincerely doubt, however, that anyone at DBG thinks it's a good idea to launch a new server without anything for the hordes of newbies to kill...
  6. That One Guy Augur

Having a lvl 50 there clearing an entire newbie zone should not change anything when it comes to finding mobs.

The only thing that would be skewing these videos are if someone was currently aggroing all of the mobs and not killing them. They'd have to literally be standing there with 100+ mobs on them, doing nothing but keeping them from everyone else. As you have shared in another thread, and I have experienced through testing, newbie mobs spawn within a few seconds after you kill a certain amount of them. If there is not someone currently dragging all mobs in the newbie zone, to skew these videos, then something definitely needs to be changed. Mobs should at least be spawning and staying close to where people spawn and close to the newbie zone line. It shouldn't be a few minute run from lvl 1 mobs to the guards.

I.E. killing 1 mob does NOT spawn 1 mob. But, if you AoE an entire zone down, you'll get nearly an entire zone repop in a few seconds. Therefore, mobs should always be up and available to at least be seen and attempted to be killed. Even if it's a bunch of lvl 1's trying to KS each other. You just can't have 2 mobs close to the city.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  7. cilution0 New Member

I tested this on Phinigel. I made a level 1 Dark Elf wizard and ran around Nektulos for a bit. I found not a single even con. Killed two yellows (8% per kill at level 1). Definitely seemed thin.

East Freeport by comparison seemed to pretty much always has at least 15 level 1-2 mobs in sight.
  8. phattoni Augur

have fun leveling in nektulos lol, the mobs that were there for the launch of ragefire/lockjaw, and i assume phin, are no longer there, to say it was locked behind an expac release is utter , if this was the case the newbie area would have looked like this when ragefire launched...

they basically nerfed everyones exp without nerfing exp hahahahahaha.
  9. Tevez Augur

I enjoyed the music in this vid :D
  10. Rhodz Augur

Was rather upbeat at that.
  11. bobjones1208 Augur

12. Armistice New Member

Check out the Barbarian newbie area (the path by the PoK book) on a regular server and then check it out on a progression server. Once you've done that you will understand why people have gotten so uppity.

This is Live

[IMG]

This is LJ

[IMG]

Making this change so close to the release of the server doesn't do a single positive thing for Agnarr. Will it be more authentic? Sure. Every single barbarian will immediately run to Qeynos just like they did back in the day and leave the empty wastes behind them forever.
    Wayloss likes this.
  13. That One Guy Augur

What's sad is that nek forest was already a terrible newbie area. Even with what they want to call, incorrect mobs spawning, I still had no intentions of being near the nek forest newbie area. After this change... LOL
  14. Wayloss Journeyman

Don't give them any ideas I can see them spawning all the vengefulls and lining them up in the cave to BB. You Shall not pass!
  15. Lateryn Augur

Well they nerfed like 1-3, after that it seems nothing has changed, unless there are other surprises down the road. That's even if it was intended, which I don't think it was because the reason given doesn't match the zones changed at all.
  16. Mithra Augur

Maybe the traditional newbie yard with 30+ level 1~3 mobs fast spawning was introduced in gates of discord, but it should not have been changed. There's only about 20 level one mobs up currently up in Nektulos Forest on Lockjaw and they're spread out across most of the zone.
  17. Anarth Lorekeeper

Nice comparison. Huge difference. Lone wolf
  18. Absor Developer

To be clear, I'm not saying there isn't a problem. I'm just saying that there are more than 40 level 1 NPCs in Nektulos right now, and 22 or so in Everfrost (with 3 people actively hunting them) on lockjaw. If there is an issue, I can't see it. If I can't see it, I can't fix it.

It might have had something to do with the broken script thing that we fixed with the last update. It could be that there is special script going on in the newbie zones on progression that I'm not aware of.

I'll keep my eyes open if I can over the weekend, though I don't expect to be in town for most of it. We can chat again Monday.

Have a great weekend.

A
  19. That One Guy Augur

I counted half that number of lvl 1's when I checked Nek forest (roughly 23) -- on phinny. And only 12 of those were even remotely close to the starting area. I believe that you may see 40 on your track, but if it's anything like what I saw, half of those mobs aren't even remotely close to the neriak zoneline. I would not just look at "40 level 1" mobs. Take a look at how spread out they are. Players don't want to hear about 40 lvl 1 mobs if 20 of them aren't able to actually be seen.
  20. Lateryn Augur

Yet it only seems to effect 3 newbie areas. Nek, everfrost and kelethin. All the rest are fine and still swarming with mobs all around the immediate area. Also the reason given was it was added to make zerkers level easier, but zerkers don't even start in two of the effected newbie zones. And 3 of the areas they do start in(plus human) area have no problem.

If this was actual removal of something it would effect every newbie zone, not just a few.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.