Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tachya Elder

I don't believe this either. Before this started, you could see that the number of mobs declined as people were killing them, then every few minutes there was an apparent respawn wave and fresh mobs entered the area. There is a big disconnect somewhere between what you guys think is happening, and what is really happening in game.
  2. Absor Developer

Are you on Phinny? I was just there and there were 328 NPCs in the zone. Their distribution looked normal to me.

A
  3. Wayloss Journeyman

I too took a newb off of kelethin and saw 10 mobs in the newbie zone, there are going to be 10 people camping the static spawn spots and ever 3 hours or so someone will graduate to move out of the newbie zone. and lvl 1-3 chars do not have the tools even if they could take down a level 5-7 monster to deal with the multi-spawns/camps etc.
  4. Anarth Lorekeeper

This is lockjaw. Most are testing there since agnarr is supposed to be similar. Are you actually in game or just looking at the data? You can see what we are seeing in the videos.
  5. Stevin New Member

@absor please stop looking at just the data and get a character at the city entrances. In Nektulos near Neriak entrance there are NO level 1 mobs. only level 2 and 3 accordingly. If your devs looked "on the ground" instead of just at the numbers they would see why people are enraged about this bad change...
  6. Absor Developer

Interesting assumption based entirely on not reading what I actually posted. I was ON PHINIGEL looking at the zone.

Now that you have told me the server, I'll go look.

A
  7. Wayloss Journeyman

Absor walk the newbie zones. then put 50 players looking for a monster in that same area. 328 in the zone tells you nothing about the density at player contact points. Are they under the world?
  8. Tachya Elder

Since we're trying to get the real old school classic mood back:

Alchemy isn't broken.
  9. Lateryn Augur

Ouch. That video. 5 mobs total.
  10. Fluffles New Member

I don't know why they're so afraid of just giving players what they want. They always have to do something like this right before a server opens.

It's mind bottling.
  11. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Always think about that at times like this. They insisted for close to two freaking years that it wasn't. It took them that long of listening to player feedback about something so simple and blowing it off before actually going and having a look at it themselves.
  12. Absor Developer

Only 275 in the zone on Lockjaw, however there are also two people here hunting.

Below is a shot showing the relative level and location of every NPC in the zone right now.

Looks fine to me.

Edit: Pfft. pic didn't show up. You'll have to take my word for it.
  13. mmoDust New Member

Yeah I checked out Kelethin as I had not tried it recently and while it felt "normal" to me right now I think that is just due to it always feeling crappy. There's a few low levels mobs near the ruins when you get off the lift but it never felt like enough on launch (did a HE bard on ragefire and blah for starting there)

Outside Freeport towards Commonlands always felt pretty good and I just checked it again and it feels normal as well with a mix of whites and yellows at level 1 in a good density with good respawn rate.
  14. Stevin New Member

"Working as intended." (Tm)
  15. andross77 Elder

dude...what UI is that? i like it a lot. at least the character stats box and such in the middle. Kinda looks like SPARXX but definitely not SPARXX.
  16. Anarth Lorekeeper

So the video I posted is just a convenient anomaly? Do we need to post one every 30 minutes to show that it's jacked up? Where are all the mobs in everfrost as well?
  17. Traspe Journeyman

Thanks for looking into it Absor! We are just all so excited for Agnar and something like this would devastate the population
  18. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

So if all the mobs are there, why can't people find them? o_O
  19. Ashenor Lorekeeper

Absor, can you watch the video and/or just goto Nek with a lvl 1 toon.

Try to find some mobs just zoning out of the city at your spawn point. After that try Hallas.

Then come back and say things look ok.
  20. Ebon Elder

This
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.