Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syraniss New Member

I get that everyone is upset about this. I went and investigated it as well mostly to find a workaround in case they don't fix it. But do we seriously need the top 3 threads to all be the same thing with links to the same video?
  2. Stevin New Member

3. mmoDust New Member

4. Absor Developer

Right now, at this very second, there are 272 NPCs in Everfrost on Lockjaw. I can't speak about that video, I don't know anything about it. I am there, looking directly at it, right now. It's fine. This is a newbie zone. It takes pretty much one level 50 PC to clear it. I'm not saying there isn't an issue, I'm just saying that I don't see it. I'll keep looking at it until I go home in an hour or so.

By the way, being antagonistic about this won't make the issue more clear or our communication better. I really don't understand why the first reaction from some folks about a possible bug is anger and suspicion. Life would be better for all of us if folks would not assume conspiracy or malignant intent instantly when something appears wrong.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  5. Snorl Lorekeeper

Won't adjust broken golem marl and cha ter epic mobs to 1 hour respawn, but will nuke the spawns in all newboe zones? Please fix the ep8c bottlenecks...
  6. Absor Developer

People? The two guys in the zone now are having no issue finding them...
  7. Anarth Lorekeeper

8. Ebon Elder

Phini xp at launch was a bit of a surprise. Must be PTSD that brought on this knee-jerk reaction. Thanks for looking into it though.
  9. andross77 Elder

10. Dulu Augur

So the developer response has changed from "intentional to be more like classic" to "there is nothing to see here, nothing was changed" in like an hour. Cool. There go my hopes for this server.
  11. Ashenor Lorekeeper

Coming to the stores launch day. Buy your own mob spawn 7500 dbg cash!
    Stevin likes this.
  12. Rhodz Augur

Yes until a response is made keep hammering
  13. Lateryn Augur

When you say 272 NPCs does that mean all of them?(Guards, non-exp NPCs, higher level npcs etc). I would hope not, but obviously I cannot know for sure.

That halas video is crazy, the guy ran probably 1/3-1/2 through each side valleys and found 5 mobs total. Usually where the PoK book is, there is a group of mobs and always mobs patrolling through. This looked deserted.

But I can go to NRO or EFP and there are tons of mobs in the newbie area. But I go to say Kelethin(on both phinny and LJ) and within level 50 track distance from the druid circle, there are about 15 mobs radiating out from those ruins before track starts to show guards/NPCs(aka the town). And only person around killing was a level 1, so there were about 3 corpses on the ground also.

Are mobs just roaming too far out and their initial spawn is the starting newbie area? Because of no one around they are extremely far? Are they stuck underground or non visible for some reason? Just seems odd for your "Data" to say one thing but visually actually running a player around you see something vastly different, unless again one of the above are true.

I'm sure someone can check too with certain softwares.
  14. Syraniss New Member

Multiple responses have been made. In fact both the other threads have responses. I am guessing you just don't like what that response was. It's fine, when they get annoyed and just start locking topics I'll be over here drinking and smiling.
  15. Ashenor Lorekeeper

I checked Nek on Ragefire and Lockjaw. Not one lvl 1 or 2 mob any the rock area spawned in over 20 mins.

I was clearing mobs outside of that circle area, and still nothing was respawning where all the normal lvl 1 and 2's are.
  16. Galleyan Augur

To be fair, multiple CONFLICTING responses. Also the evidence doesn't support the responses.
    Dulu likes this.
  17. Anarth Lorekeeper

Despite the boot pic, I'm not trying to be antagonistic.

There's video evidence, and I've logged into both zones and confirmed what is shown there. You are saying there is nothing wrong, when 3 days ago I had a plethora of mobs, and now I can barely find any that aren't 4+
  18. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

I'm sure most have that attitude because of issues with DBG in the past. That being said I appreciate you at least reaching out to us about this. I hope it is an anomaly and not something that broke before a new server was released... otherwise theres gonna be a lot more of that negativity on these boards similar to when ragefire was released lol.
  19. Galleyan Augur

QFE. Sorry Absor, honestly -- I have nothing against you and no ill will towards you as a person... but let's be perfectly blunt. DBG has a pretty... Rough... Track record when it comes to decisions that affect certain segments of player satisfaction.
  20. Rhodz Augur

The new old mob graphics?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.