Download Error - "Incomplete or Corrupted File"

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gnog, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Gnog Elder

Hello,

Can anyone help me work around the following error? I receive this error in the EQ Launcher when I am trying to make a fresh installation of EQ on a moderately old laptop. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 series. Here is the error:

Creating dranikhollowsb_environmentemitters.txt
    Creating dranikhollowsc.emt
    Creating dranikhollowsc.eqg
    *Warning: Retrying dranikhollowsc.eqg
    *Warning: Retrying dranikhollowsc.eqg
    *Error: The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes.

I have gotten this same error multiple times. The error always appears on the DranikHollowsc.eqg file, and my download simply cannot get past this file. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

3. Gnog Elder

Thank you! (Both for providing the answer, and not giving me grief for not having found it myself.) Much appreciated.
  4. fireworks Journeyman

DBG, this issue is still occurring and the same file is still preventing the installer from downloading the game properly.

Please address this issue, users should not have to use a temporary work around for half a year before the very game itself can be installed. Thanks.
  5. FL!P Augur

I just keep getting ... "The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes." I have tried everything you guys said and more and cannot seem to get it fixed or a response from daybreak. i give.... i have never in my life...
  6. OHBoy(theRanger) Journeyman

I have about 6 accounts.... FIX THIS LIKE NOW or you will not see money from any of them again. Matter of fact don't do an expansion this year. Spend this next 5-8 months that you would normally spend creating an expansion on fixing issues. You have bugs that have been around for 17 years..... But this one right here that has been around for 6 months now or so i've read is costing you players. In short this will also COST YOU TO LOSE MONEY. FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Silvr New Member

This error is still occurring. I am a All Access DBG member and I wanted to checkout EQ during a downtime of my primary game. An hour of spamming retry download got all but this file downloaded. I cannot finish the install.
  8. Dega Elder

This is just embarrassing......
  9. Janakin Augur

I just downloaded EQ to a fresh system and patched no problems. Maybe something in that file is having certain anti-virus programs alter it? I would try disabling AV software while patching.
  10. JChan Developer

We've forced some for rebuilds on our external filers. Will someone that was experiencing this issue please try to patch and see if this worked?
  11. Drelor New Member

I can tell you it is still an issue. I got a new laptop today, disabled firewall/etc and still getting the error. Would like to run the game on my new computer, any ideas?
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

13. aGenda New Member

I just tried a fresh install today on my laptop and ran into this problem. Manually downloading the dranikhollowsc.eqg file from the dropbox resolved it. Would be completely unable to install the game if that file wasn't shared, or if I hadn't found this thread.
  14. Task New Member

Thank you for the file CatsPaws. If it wasn't for that file I would not have been able to play.
    Daybreak this file is still corrupt as of 8am eastern time. I tried several times and every time stopped at that file.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So glad you guys are getting in and able to play with this work around! :)
  16. JChan Developer

OK, thanks for letting us know, we're going to try another method to force things to clear up.
  17. Adirastc New Member

Having the same issue, will keep an eye on this thread for a fix :) Thanks for working on it JChan!
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Until they push out the fix there is one I posted a couple posts above this one.:cool:
  19. Adirastc New Member

Thanks, Paws! I'll hold out a while, so I can test it if need be. I was downloading for tonight anyway :)
  20. smash Augur

Oh, could you make this a sticky post. Just so people might see it, instead posting a new subject about the same thing.