Downloaded File is incomplete or was corrupt

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Barallron, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Barallron Journeyman

I have a new lap top and i just tried downloading EQ from the official website. About 1/4 of the way in it came up with a error.
    *Error. The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 min.

THe file is dranikhollowsc.eqg. I have found a few threads with the same problem with the same file but i havent found a work around or an answer from anyone.Maybe someone has had better luck than I?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I just copied and pasted my standard response to this:D

Click on the top of this forum on staff post tracker then in the upper right corner is a search in blue, type in corrupted file then look about 4 down for this:
    Post by: Sirene_Fippy, Friday at 2:25 PM in forum: Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup
    Many are having this issues it seems but not sure if that will fix it but there are lots of posts about it.
    Good luck!
    CatsPaws, Monday at 7:11 PM
    #2 Reply

select21 New Member

New
    Awesome, thanks, that fixed it for me. You rock!
    disgruntled and Barallron like this.
  3. Barallron Journeyman

Found the workaround. You have to delete all of the dranikhollows files and replace with a non corrupted dranikshollows.eqg
    disgruntled likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

yes that is mentioned also. So glad you got it up and going! Merry Christmas!
  5. zagaan13 New Member

I need some help from other player's. I am having issue's downloading everquest. It is saying that the date is incomplete and data is corrupted. i'm not computer smart lol i just need help getting on, i have been gone for 2 year's. Thank you,
  6. shaiz New Member

Thanks to Sirene_fippy for the file link, and to those whose posts I followed to get to it. My eq directory did not even have that file...its now completely patched :)