What permalocked expansion would you want?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jlad, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Rhoulicas Augur

DODH is my pick. Epic 2.5, enough content for all for a long time. However, since people like me have ranted for years for a PoP locked server, I can't complain.
  2. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

DoDH crew represent.
  3. nagash101 Augur

Yeah i can get behind a DoDH Server. That with maybe a 4.5 month unlock. LDoN and 3 month isnt appealing to me to much. With the faster exp rates maybe.
  4. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Pretty much this.
  5. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I get that people like Zerkers and all, but saying there is not much difference in locking it at GoD or LDoN is just not true. Yes the max level stays the same, but EVERYTHING else changes.

The gear increase alone from Time gear to Tacvi gear is the largest single expansion gear increase that ever happens in EQ (Yes I know technically it is more than one xpac, but LoY and LDoN do not provide a gear increase past time loot) HUGE changes in melee gear happen with the introduction of melee Focus such as Cleave, Ferocity, Improved Block/Parry, and Improved Dodge.

Tribute and Veteran Rewards also go active in GoD.

So, while it would be nice if there was not much difference and you could play a zerker, this is simply not the case.

I agree with you that it WOULD be a better server if it was locked at GoD, but the difference between LDoN and GoD is stark.
  6. Hdizzle Augur

I agree GoD is a better stopping point than LDoN.

Agnarr could be a jumping off point onto other TLPS. Every other year they release a TLP that starts at GoD. All Agnarr toons have the option to free transfer (or something) to the new server.

If you are a classic junkie then here is your server. Enjoy Agnarr till you hate it. Bored? New TLP coming summer 2019, Jump right in at GoD.

It actually makes a lot of sense :

Classic-PoP instances are already created and would never take up resource time again by applying them to new servers. I can't speak to the labor involved to install the AoC instances for classic-PoP but whatever that labor is, never again. Yes I mean no more new servers starting at classic after Agnarr.

Quarm started at OoW, why can't another server start at GoD?

Clearly they have the ability to transfer toons.

None of the above three processes are things DBG would have to invent or do for the first time, works done already.

IDK, i'm sure someone can find a reason why this idea blows but I think its the endgame goal to maximize profit on nostalgia/classic eq and minimize labor to keep making new TLPs.
    Rhoulicas likes this.
  7. Mashef Augur

I think obviously level 60 locked would lose interest quickly but if they were to ever decide to open GoD on Agnarr it would be ideal. The hardcores can clear through GoD and POP/LDoN is still 100% relevant.
  8. Rhodz Augur

Actually that is not at all a bad plan.
    But you know innovation is the devil's work right?
    ;)