Research Changes in upcoming patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gidono, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Saimhann New Member

So its ok to exploit and get level 65 in minutes, but oh no, don't you craft a spell that you have worked hard to be able to make.
  2. Baldur Augur

You couldn't research these spells in era, so technically not including them now is keeping with the progression server and how it was back in PoP.

I'm not saying I agree with it, I would like them to be researchable, but they weren't researchable back in the day.
  3. Saimhann New Member

I am aware of that, and if they had stated that from the beginning it would not have been an issue. I just see a double standard, plan to wipe corpses and they don't.
    Ezakyle likes this.
  4. Ezakyle New Member

So I have heard from a friend of mine that works for DBG that the research change was made in part to give the top tier guilds something to sell to earn krono. If everyone was allowed to research spells, the market would crash very quickly.

Also, some devs that care about the integrity of the game wanted to make the change and wipe corpses when PoP launched. They were eventually overruled by higher ups that had personal ties with players in top tier guilds.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

[IMG]
  6. jagarr Augur

It is already really, really easy to farm krono if you are a top-tier, high play time player. Top tier guilds do not need any help from DB to get thousands of krono, so I doubt this is true. The market never crashed in Luclin. Marzin's Mark for example stayed around 8k average for the whole expansion, and it wasn't a needed spell. Speed of the Brood and KEI died off fairly fast, but were still sometimes worth making depending on what traders were online. Garrison's Superior Sunder, Gangrenous Touch, Torpor and Malo were always worth making, just to name a few.

As far as the devs flip-flopping multiple times on corpse banking, I'm afraid that is plain old poor decision-making. Again, top tier players who log pretty much the entire week on Everquest simply don't need DB's help from the inside. They are already so far out in front all the time. Have you ever seen the screenshots these guys post?! Some of them have like 1,000 krono sitting on one account alone and they don't even bother to blur them out.

Even without corpse banking, the AOE squads these guys have could grind them up to 65 in just a few days anyway. With the new XP potions, the difference really wasn't that extreme at all.
  7. MaxTheLion Augur

Lawl.