Research Changes in upcoming patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gidono, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

What does everyone think of the upcoming change to progression servers?

- Many Spell Research recipes are now restricted to an expansion at least three expansions after the spell itself is available.
  2. Catashe Augur

That going to suck for certain spells and certain expansions..
  3. Tudadar Augur

I dont see it happening after they allowed people to research Luclin spells in luclin on all three servers. The first GSS on phin was researched instead of dropping from emp ssra.
  4. Bowdeen Elder

Even if it does go into effect, it's too late. PoP spells are absurdly easy to achieve, with the Glyphed Runes dropping from standard named in BoT/Tactics and even Trash in SolRo. This would have needed to be applied prior to Luclin, where the spells are much harder to achieve for the casual player.
  5. Catashe Augur

Not seeing it happening? ITS IN TOMORROW PATCH NOTES! lol
    Tudadar likes this.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Well, prepare to see it happen since it's going to be in the next patch.

It seems like a heavy handed change though, there is basically no point to skilling research now as every spell will be far outdated by the time you can actually research it, save for some strange outliers such as Divine Intervention and Mala/Malo.
    Felicite and Tudadar like this.
  7. Capacittor New Member

If only we had found out about good 'ol King Ak just a little sooner. On another note, looking for a researcher or five to burn through some sootys tonight...
  8. Tudadar Augur

Interesting. Why even allow 60-64 parchments to drop in the first place? People have been farming them for months.
  9. Kahna Augur

So, why even bother with research anymore? Meh, so glad I spent all weekend farming stuff to get my research skill up. Oh well, at least I saved myself some time going forward.
    Tudadar likes this.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Lol, 300k worth of Used Parchments and Tomes just sold out in baz in the past hour.
    Tudadar likes this.
  11. Catashe Augur

yea but that was really only for 1-50.. back when you had to either get the dropped spells yourself or get the items you need to turn in to get a spell...
  12. Baldur Augur

They really need to elaborate on this.

What does "Many" recipes mean exactly?

Why did they choose 3 expansions?

Come on, explain this change to your player base. If you think it's such a great idea that you made it, give us the reasons why.
  13. Trevalon Augur

I dont understand why they made it 3 expansions? The TLP servers are set that past PoP spells become buyable in the PoK library 2 expansions after that expansion. So PoP spells can be bought in PoK in OOW, but you cant research them till DoN? That seems really odd.

It should have been just 1 expansion that way research still has a point so that you can get last expansions spells through research before you can just buy em from a vendor lol.
    Tudadar likes this.
  14. Tudadar Augur

I mean I can see them disabling the 55/61 tomes to DoN or whatever, but the 3 expansion thing for level 60-64 parchments that were FLAGGED to drop in luclin ( they didnt drop in velious ) is crazy. When you flag a TS item to start dropping in luclin so people can research luclin spells in era and actually farm/save up the items, then disable them in a weird fix, thats a mistake. Luclin spells being researched in era led a lot of people to believe they would be able to research POP spells in PoP.
    Omart likes this.
  15. Catashe Augur

I know Kunark and Velious you had to get drops.. I ain't 100% sure when Luclin spells became research from rare spell runes/words became available and I don't think PoP spells were even researchable til the final research revamp
  16. Tudadar Augur

R.I.P. non raid encs/other classes getting cheap KEI/other spells next prog. Even with KEI being researched it was 10 krono the first few weeks.
  17. Baldur Augur

No one was asking for this.

Circle of seasons was researchable in Kunark even though it was a Luclin spell.

Same exact scenario as this and they did the right thing, they marked the recipe as Luclin.

But here instead of just marking the tome recipes as Dragons of Norrath like we wanted, they decided to completely screw over researchers.
    Wyre Wintermute and Tudadar like this.
  18. Fearbolga New Member

So let me guess they will not be removing any existing copies of the discs that are already waiting to be memmed which will screw half the population and boost the other half?
  19. MaxTheLion Augur

Maybe it's time people stop posting for things to be changed constantly. Seems like every time somebody comes on here thinking they're taking the high road and doing good, all they do is on everybody else on the server when a completely different fix is implemented.
  20. Baldur Augur

For all of you attacking the people that just wanted the tomes marked as DoN expansion, the problem is NOT those people. The problem is daybreak. They're the ones that chose to make this change, to make the research tradeskill completely worthless.

If you want to blame someone, blame them. People that are pointing out problems with the game that they want fixed aren't doing anything wrong.