Research Changes in upcoming patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gidono, Jan 17, 2017.

1. RadarX Augur

As I hope we showed last time, that won't work either.
    fransisco and Baldur like this.
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

People are still Mage/pet tanking NToV. Couldn't do that when Velious was first released. Please remove the mobs.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Meh, i was oblivious to these tomes till like 3 days ago. Monday night I decided to gamble 13k on a tome. I knew it was out of era, and there was a risk of it disappearing. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
  4. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

The issue here is that the game has changed so much over the time, and some of these bugs/exploits/out of era stuff have been available for so long (at least 7 years), that at this point none is sure of what is intended to be in game on progresion servers and what isn't.

I mean, by example, Lay on Hands heal over time component is quite OP for current content, and shouldn't come out until way after OOW, yet we have had it since clasic just fine; LDoN era items that dropped in Velious are still in game even if you guys made them stop dropping; Alchemy still has TSS era recipes in that are craftable instead of pre-TSS only, etc etc.
    Tudadar likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

What makes you think they plan to keep research a viable tradeskill? They made the decision long ago to completely end its usefulness on live. Preserving it as a useful tradeskill isn't on the agenda.
  6. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

And still nobody pays attention to the poor fishermen in EQ... :(
  7. -wycca Augur

Let's make fishing !

PS - Even the fisherman have it better than the beggers, pickpockets, and bandagers!
  8. cloud132 New Member

I'm unable to research level 61 spells in PoP. Based on this wording, I thought this update was only going to affect spells GoD and on?
  9. Saimhann New Member

same problem here
  10. Baldur Augur

You can't research any spells in era anymore. That's why everyone was so upset when they made this change. It makes research worthless.
  11. Saimhann New Member

Radarx clarified later on that this was not supposed to go into effect until GoD
  12. Sdoofbuc Augur

Research skill needs to be removed from the game. Take it and all mats from the game out. It does nothing but take up space and use resources that need to be delegated to PoK and PoT lag.
  13. sqew2 New Member

Any update on when this will be corrected so we can craft 61-64 spells?
  14. Machen New Member

My suspicion is never. Clearly the changes were intentional, and research is no longer a thing.
  15. sqew2 New Member

Waiting for this to happen!
  16. Tudadar Augur

That was for the extra removal after patch notes of GoD tomes. The patch notes of the research nerf still apply. It was just a oops we missed it add-on.
  17. sqew2 New Member

I guess I am confused by that... I was under the impression PoP spells would be craft able based on what I quoted from RadarX. I can still make level 60 spells that are not three expansions behind.

RadarX, can we get some clarification on whether or not PoP spells can be crafted now?
  18. jagarr Augur

It is going to be a no, unfortunately :(

[IMG]
    Tudadar likes this.
  19. Baldur Augur

Yeah, his comment was about the removal of the DoN tomes. Everyone was freaking out thinking they were going to remove all crafted spells and remove them from their books when they made the first announcement.

RadarX was clarifying that and saying no, we're only removing DoN spells onward scribed and made.

But not being able to craft spells until however many expansions after includes all except classic I would think. Research is dead.
  20. FurySoul Augur

I would argue that research is mostly useless. There are some other skills that are even more useless though.

The only uses I have seen of research has been:

1. Trade skills quests: Brells shawl, artisan prize, anything that uses research as part of the quest.
    2. Charms that checked the research skill for max charm value.
    3. Crafting Mechano instructions (until TDS)
    4. Crafting the enchanter imbue/enchant alloy spells. (the ones I can think of are from UF and RoF, enchant planar alloy, and I believe UF one is used for the shawl)