A Venemous Phase Spider in DN

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Balorf, Jun 8, 2016.

1. nukchuu New Member

Nevermind out of era loot, thats all great. Many people have farmed the hell out of this stuff already, and thats why some are here supporting removal knowing that they will get to keep theirs and nobody else will be able get it. But how about doing something that actually matters like addressing the guilds currently using mages and their pets to tank ToV raid bosses like vyemm, lady nev and vulak using exploits to avoid / negate their AE's? hell there is even videos out there of them doing it.
  2. Batbener Augur

Does this mean in future TLPs, the Priceless Ice Fetish will drop for a month after velious releases, then wont drop again until the "appropriate" time?

This is all very confusing.

Also, either leave them in, or take them out. Leaving them in for some and taking away the opportunity for others is a candy way to do it.
  3. taliefer Augur

because the devs dont care any more about players exploiting game mechanics, and havent for a while. if they did, action would have been taken already.

if the devs dont care, its pretty much time for the players to stop caring as well
  4. Prathun Developer

There are a lot of questions I'd love to answer and concerns I'd like to put to rest regarding things that have been posted here. But I'm not posting in this thread. This is a hornet's nest. There is no more productive conversation that can be had here.
    Iila, Aneuren and Creedance like this.
  5. Riley Augur

A new thread would be fine!
  6. Kieel Pureblade Journeyman

7. Kravitz Augur

It wouldn't ruin your time farming at all, as you'd still have the item and be able to use it when you reached the appropriate level.
  8. Vmar New Member

Has this been patched already?
  9. falendar Lorekeeper

These things can't be perfect, if they were they would take WAY longer to get pushed out. How bout we all be grateful to the devs for as much as they do to keep this game going for us.
    bodes likes this.
  10. FiveHour Journeyman

Go ahead and remove the BST armor drops too since they aren't in Era at this point anyway. Yay.
  11. Mysteweave Lorekeeper

All the hateful comments. So sad. :(
  12. Garanle Elder

Wow. In the context this is written why does it sound like Prathun is taking some joy out of removing this stuff. Why does it matter that stuff is dropping, are people unsubscribing because loot like this is dropping? Are people disgruntled by every little thing that isnt true to the original. Fine, why don't we code in some background exerciser that brings any system to its knees so it is like you are playing on an old celeron 400 or pentium 2 processor and low bandwidth DLS/Cable. Block out teamspeak, and half the parsers, go and remove the raid tools and maps.

This is one of those, it was a mistake and we will fix it for future servers. The stuff the development team focuses on is so frustratingly bad. Hey too many are killing raid content put in a spell debuff, never mind fixing exploits that a guild uses regularly. Wasn't there some krono replication thing going on as of recent? Yea keep krono on the server but that 30 ac range item, no that is too uber. Too over powered get rid of that stuff. A no drop item destroys the economy!
  13. Finley Augur

Sometimes it feels like they go out of their way to do some really cool things and sometimes it feels like they truly loathe their customers :p
  14. Ladysoth Augur

So start your own thread and answer those questions and concerns.

And from my perspective, there's plenty of productive conversation. Just because it's very critical of DBG doesn't mean it's a "hornet's nest" where "no productive conversation can be had"

Sometimes you guys do stupid things, and the playerbase calls you on it. This is one of those times. If you were to acknowledge the playerbase had legitimate gripes regarding PoF instancing, ST instancing, and the fact that you seem to choose what you allow in game "out of era" and not completely arbitrarily, you would see a lot less "hornet's nest"ish posts.

For example, my guild last night in PoG got 2 beastlord BPs off the minibosses. Could've dropped a BP someone could use, but instead we got this garbage which is 100% unusable as the class it is for is not unlocked in game yet. Beastlord crap has been dropping since classic in PoFear, yet nobody, including you, cares about removing that "out of era" loot, do they?

The same thing applies here. Why do you care that this loot is dropping? It can't be because it's out of era, since I have a full set of Bestial in my necromancer's bank.
    Maryiene, Ckador and Accipiter like this.
  15. Poydras Augur

There's a few statements here which are kind of grumpy. Wouldn't call it a hornet's nest, certainly not by this forum's standards.

And since these out-of-era drops are apparently something that we pretty much constantly will have to deal with when there's new updates, just leaving them in for those who got them is kinda the worst choice. Since people will be taking advantage of that policy the next time, and farming the next out-of-era drops even harder.
  16. packmule New Member

Yeah its a hornets nest, because for the past 6 months the players have been getting their metaphorical hives kicked with trashy decisions. Stop acting like politicians being totally two-sided with this argument. "Out of era! removed! Out of era! removed!" "But those beastlord items? We dont have time for that." Still busy working on that Drusella instance? (if anyone even remembers that)" If I had a dime for every time Sheckelbreak has screwed us on something then I might be able to afford a krono to buy some loot off of the ToV dragons that are being exploited with video evidence.
    They have all the time and resource in the world to remove statwise in-era loot but are too busy to remove "out of era" beastlord drops for the past 6 months. Or dragon exploiting. No this is recent, something else is going on for attention to be given to these items.
  17. EQForumAcct Augur

Eh - the armor drops from trash in PoG is Thurgadin quality, at best. Anyone can farm that easily enough in Kael Arena.

That stuff rots all the time because it sucks.
  18. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

Vindi drops a 10 AC 9 str 10 save magic earring.

The earring in Velks is 10 AC, 50 hp, 60 mana/end 6 wis/int/charisma

Once is from a raid boss, the other from a light blue spider in an xp zone.

One is WAY out of era.

Don't be dumb.
  19. Kahna Augur

Since when has difficulty been properly reflected in loot in EQ?

Not to mention, I'm 8 hours into the camp and I still don't have my earring. This has taken far more effort than any raid mob in the expansion.
    Xanadas likes this.
  20. Gugagan Lorekeeper

When it comes to the tactics with nullpoint summoning here is my take on it:

It is clear that they see this as a legitimate tactic, like using geometry to hide from AE’s, setting a ramp tank and so on, so quit whining about it and be happy you learnt a new tactic to defeat some content, you clearly have the dev’s blessings to take down content in this way, since they are not doing anything about it or condemming it....
  21. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

This is an ignorant statement.

I've killed Vulak 2 dozen times, I'm still waiting for my haste belt. I got that earring in about 7 hours.

At 3 hours to 4 hours per NToV clear I'm closer to 100 hours on the haste belt. Which has yet to drop even once, and when it does, I'm like to lose it to another person.

So yes, the Velk loot is OoE and should be removed.