Live Update Bugs 05/18/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, May 18, 2016.

1. Eetra Journeyman

I should probably post this in support, but since it may be related to the test servers... instability lately here goes:

One of my characters, a 93 ranger named Evelien has apparently been turned into a level 1 paladin. I was running through the ToV instance parsing the bosses for their HP and max hits for my guild on Phini, and I had just finished with West ToV. I used the zone out pad behind Lendiniara the Keeper only to zone into Qeynos instantly dead and seemingly inside of something (couldn't tell. I play first person and it looked like I was standing inside a ton of different character models) as well as seeing mob names casting that shouldn't be in Qeynos to begin with. The window to release to bind or accept a rez was listing my bind point as "Unknown" and I couldn't release. I /q'd out and logged back in thinking it was a fluke, only when I got to the character select my ranger was replaced by a level 1 paladin in Qeynos. I logged into that character to the same thing. Unknown zone, inside something, and dead.

This was... Friday night I believe this happened. The server went down a few minutes later iirc.
  2. mackal Augur

It's a very straight forward stacking conflict. slot 6 is AC in both. And looks like they always have been. They should of never stacked. I noticed it months ago when I was playing with different spell sets on my SHD, so it most definitely has nothing to do with this patch.
  3. JChan Developer

Please put in a /bug on the Test server from the account that this occurred on and post any future issues with the Test Server in the Test thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-5-19-16-new-bugs-only.232788. Thanks!
  4. Narogg Augur

I did some more testing tonight to reproduce the bug.
    The actual bug is in the reporting of a successful ranged attack from any class to others log file.
    The text of the successful ranged attack is logging as "hits" in the other players logs while recording as "hit" in their own.

I realize you all have some hot issues right now, like test crashing, but when the flames die down could someone please delete the letter "s" off of "hits" in the write to others logs on successful ranged attacks.
    Pretty please...It's not like I am asking Roshen to close his mouth in a picture...
  5. EnchFWO Augur

I'm inclined to say that the negative hate mods on Enchanter DoTs might want to be re-evaluated and tweaked a bit more (in the decrease hate direction) or at least double check they're working as intended. I'm still finding Mind Storm and Drown are pulling extremely heavy aggro (and that's not with burns or anything special running) in group and raid settings. More-so the former than the latter, though.
  6. Aeular Journeyman

Unless they somehow changed this, normal spell casting subtlety doesn't work on dots, so you get much more agro from them (see clerics and Turn Undead 150k/300k tick vs smite of the wicked 1.2 mil hit). I suspect the mod is working, its just not near as much would be required with subtlety missing.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Something that needs to be remembered is that for a DoT you get agro every tick but on a DD you get it only on cast.
  8. Aeular Journeyman

Sure, but one tick at 150k of turn undead is more agro then a 1+ mil nuke? that's called subtlety missing
  9. Prathun Developer

As a temporary fix, TBM items will use non-scaling versions of these worn effects. At some point in the future, we may resolve the scaling problem and switch the effects back. (Twink out your level 75s with these effects at your own risk!)
    This change requires a full update.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. shadowgod Augur

Thanks. Did you look at the legs ? I'm pretty sure Ferocity does not scale by level either.
  11. segap Augur

He did say "items" and "effects". I read that as all the slots, even the EM ear.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. HeatherPurrs Augur

The hotzone augment is not dropping in the level 95 hotzone Sarith on Vox.
  13. Kearstin Elder

em ear would not be fixed by lack of scaling, there are ways to fix the em ear:

add to "Increases the power of certain summoned and animated servants." ", primarily those that result from Level 86 and higher spells."

change whatever field raidloot.com displays as "3: Limit Min Level: 76" to "3: Limit Min Level: 86"

look at em8 (possibly em 9, 10 or 11) and take all the templates for spells 14671, 14721, 14693, 14684, 14747/7124, 14748/7124, 14749/7124, 14855, 14897, 14138 and 14154/14154 and copy those to the em12 template as is

add item #103129 to any loot table or vendor that includes item #146594 and/or item #146996

replace item #146594 and/or item #146996 with a copy of item #89417 except change the field lucy displays as: "spellid3 11331" to "spellid3 20123"
  14. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Several have investigated that pets are taking more damage/spikes since the change to mods/heroics. Could this be considered for a fix?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You're wrong.

Basing an encounter solely on the words "hits" is woefully incomplete. There are tons of other phrasing that is used for melee combat and you are ignoring a lot of it if you are only looking at that.

As an example, here is one of the Regex used to detect melee for GamParse:

Regex MeleeRegex = new Regex("\\[.{24}\\] (?<1>.+) (?<2>slashes|slash|bashes|bash|hits|hit|crushes|crush|punches|punch|frenzies on|frenzy on|pierces|pierce|claws|claw|kicks|kick|bites|bite|backstabs|backstab|strikes|strike|mauls|maul|gores|gore|slices|slice|smashes|smash|stings|sting|rends|rend|slams|slam|burns|burn) (?<3>.+) for (?<4>.+) (points of damage|point of damage|points of damage. (Rampage)|points of damage. (Wild Rampage)).", RegexOptions.ExplicitCapture | RegexOptions.Compiled);

What that translates to is:

[Timestamp] [Attacker] [Hit Type] [Opponent] for [#] [points of damage message]

In total there are 20 hit types:

Slashes, bashes, hits, crushes, punches, frenzies, pierces, claws, kicks, bits, backstabs, strikes, mauls, gores, slices, smashes, stings, rends, slams, and burns.

and you are only looking at 1 of them. They ALL can be either plural or singular depending on the circumstances.

You are likely also ignoring misses, runes (absorb), defensives (riposte, parry, dodge, block), and Invulnerability, all of which parse using the singular forms of the list above.

Additionally you are wrong that it is restricted to those three classes. Archery damage utilizes SPA 193 "Skill Attack" which makes it technically a spell and not a melee-based attack, (which is why they can be focused). All melee classes have some form of this.

As a non-melee spell attack it should be parsed with other forms of non-melee damage and those use the singular form "hit" like so:

[Fri May 27 03:18:01 2016] Beimeith hit Combat Dummy Azia for 128249 points of non-melee damage.

However, SPA 193 reports differently from above. It reports like so:

[Timestamp] [Opponent] was [Hit Type] by non-melee for [#] points of damage.

This message is NOT visible to anyone but the player and as such can only be parsed by the player.

Here is a ranger casting Hail of Arrows, I highlighted the hit messages in red:

[Fri May 27 04:07:01 2016] You begin casting Hail of Arrows.
    [Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] a temple patroller was hit by non-melee for 1313 points of damage.
    [Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] You hit a temple patroller for 1313 points of damage.
    [Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] a temple patroller was hit by non-melee for 529 points of damage.
    [Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] You hit a temple patroller for 529 points of damage.
    [Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] a temple patroller was hit by non-melee for 1556 points of damage.
    [Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] You hit a temple patroller for 1556 points of damage.
    [Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] a temple patroller was hit by non-melee for 1119 points of damage.
    [Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] You hit a temple patroller for 1119 points of damage.
    [Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] A temple patroller is struck by a hail of arrows.

You may be wondering why each hit has 2 messages, the second of which I've colored blue.

This second message is a recent change that was added a few patches ago at my request. This second message IS visible to everyone and therefore can be parsed by other players. (I added a check in GamParse to ensure the damage is not parsed twice if you are self-parsing).

Now you should also notice something else different about the messages. The second message 1) names the attacker (You) and 2) is NOT listed as non-melee damage. It is parsed as melee.

Why Dzarn elected to change how it reports from non-melee to melee I do not know. My guess is because SPA 193 is basically a spell form of a melee attack (if you understand what I mean by that) he thought it should report as a melee attack instead of a spell. Make no mistake however, it is 100% a spell.

The above was from the perspective of the person casting the spell. The (blue) message changes when OTHER people see it:

[Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] [Ranger] hits a temple patroller for 1313 points of damage.
    [Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] [Ranger] hits a temple patroller for 529 points of damage.
    [Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] [Ranger] hits a temple patroller for 1556 points of damage.
    [Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] [Ranger] hits a temple patroller for 1119 points of damage.

The attacker is still named, though of course it displays the name (redacted) instead of "You" and it DOES change the word "hit" to "hits."

Now, as to whether there is a mistake in having the self-parsing messages be singular vs plural, a simple reading of it would reveal why it isn't:

[Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] a temple patroller was hits by non-melee for 1313 points of damage.
    [Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] You hits a temple patroller for 1313 points of damage.

You would not say "was hits" nor "You hits" as neither is proper English. However it is acceptable to say "[Ranger] hits" as it does for other players.

[Fri May 27 04:07:02 2016] [Ranger] hits a temple patroller for 1313 points of damage.

Of course, the problem that does exist is that the original self-message is in the past tense where as the latter is in the present tense. Why Dzarn elected to make the latter message present tense is unknown, but I would guess that it was for the same reason listed above: to make it more consistent with normal melee attack messages as normal melee messages use present tense.

[Fri May 27 04:30:11 2016] You crush a turepta cragwalker for 309 points of damage.
    [Fri May 27 04:30:11 2016] [Ranger] crushes a turepta cragwalker for 309 points of damage.

As you can see, a normal melee message uses the singular, present tense of the word, but other players see the plural present tense of the word.

TL;DR

It's not a bug, it should be "hit" for self and "hits" for other people.

No. It's not a bug. The problem is your program, not the message in EQ.
  16. Zebarathe New Member

I just wanted to report this as this has been around for a while and is very annoying. This bug has to deal with group/raids and being in a state that is out of combat vs being in a state that is in combat vs being in a transition state from combat to out of combat .

1) if you are in a group/raid that has a member which is currently in there combat cool down but you are in a state that is out of combat , you are unable to fast regen, the system will still see you in a cool down period. You can watch the hp/mana/endurance tick up then come back down, try to cast a spell that needs to be out of battle to work etc... until all members are out of combat /fast regen mode you will no be able to use any fast regen/out of combat abilities.

2) There is a lag when you switch from cool down to fast regen. its about 30 sec after the ui displays you are in fast regen mode, this will keep you from casting any spells that need to be in fast regen/none combat

There are probably more issue with this but these are the ones that have become an annoyance. If you are in a raid you have a 5 min cool down .... having to wait up to 10 min to get back to full mana and endurance after you have died is very troublesome and frustration because it slows everything down 2 fold.

Forgot to add this
    Steps to reproduce
    1) enter in to a raid and raid group
    2) in your group have a member who is currently in cool down period
    3) get yourself killed
    4) rez back while there are still people in your group in the cool down period
    5) sit and wait till you are full of endurance and mana
    Xeladom likes this.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am not completely sure that this is a bug with EQ or if it is some issue with the new keyboard that I got, however...
    I got a new keyboard (Corsair Gaming K95 RGB [which uses their Corsair Utility Engine software]) this last week. I do not have any problems as long as I am playing EQ on just one instance, but when I box more than one account (the times I have noticed it I have had 3 and 4 accounts going on the same computer at once) for any non trivial period of time things start getting wonky. I will be typing something and suddenly a single letter or spacebar will stick, other times there is a lag in response, still others letters will be skipped, and the lighting on the keyboard will randomly turn off for a few seconds then back on again.

I am fairly sure that this is something unique to the interaction between EQ and my new keyboard's software (though it could just be an issue with high memory usage and the keyboard software. I never experienced this kind of issue (at least in such a short period of time) while using my older G15 Logitech keyboard. But I am not 100% sure of that it cannot be related to EQ due to the patches which occurred around the time I got the keyboard and the fact that I did not do any multi-boxing between the time of the last patch and when I installed the new keyboard. I am going to send a similar message to Corsair and see if they have any ideas on this too. I will probably also try hooking up my old keyboard and test 3-4 boxing with it to see if it now reacts similarly when it didn't before.
  18. RPoo Augur

I'd like to know what's causing the following vet rewards to have cool downs when I haven't used them:
    Throne of Heroes
    Lesson of the Devoted
    Chaotic Jester
    Expedient Recovery
    Steadfast Servant
    Staunch Recovery
    Infusion of the Faithful
    Intensity of the Resolute
  19. Iila Augur

That should just be a display bug. You should still be able to use those abilities. I don't know what causes it, but it doesn't stop me from using the abilities.

If they have a cast time, you can start casting one, stopcast, then the ability will reset without the false cooldown timer. Don't try that with instant cast ones line 7th.
  20. RPoo Augur

interesting, never tried that