Live Update Bugs 05/18/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, May 18, 2016.

1. -wycca Augur

Not sure if it's from this patch, but this is the first time I've noticed this problem.

Drakes in Temple of Veeshan cast both ae and single target spell (ie red drakes cast a fire dd, green drakes a disease dot, etc). The AE spell particles don't appear to be functioning like all other spell particles. They pretty much blind the screen with blue sparkles, tank framerates, and possibly don't follow the particle density/distance setting as other NPC spells do.

I'm not sure this is inclusive, but these are the ones I've noticed -
    http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=1494&source=Live
    http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=1491&source=Live
    http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=1493&source=Live
  2. Sindaiann Augur

Anyone notice any issues with the following? Last night during Maestro we noticed with druids it was only curing 21 counters of corruption. Confirmed this with multiple casts.

Was always curing 29 counters prior to the patch.......

[IMG]Copsetender's Breeze Rk. III

Description
    1: Decrease Poison Counter by 26
    2: Decrease Poison Counter by 26
    3: Decrease Disease Counter by 26
    4: Decrease Disease Counter by 26
    5: Decrease Corruption counter by 29
    Hiladdar likes this.
  3. Prathun Developer

These were both hotfixed yesterday afternoon. Thank you for your repro steps on these issues!
    Fanra, Gyurika Godofwar and Lanthur like this.
  4. Prathun Developer

This is intentional. Almon Juliao and the other EC tunnel discipline vendors don't spawn until Planes of Power. Almon gives out tasks that are not era appropriate for progression servers. There are other vendors that sell the correct disciplines before Planes of Power unlocks.
    Also, in the future, try not to crosspost. :cool:
  5. Hiladdar Augur

Still experiencing intermittent LDs when zoning, or when attempting to log in. This issue may of been addressed, but has not been fixed as of yet. Within the last six months client stability has deteriorated.
  6. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

This isn't a new bug, but the chat filter for Damage Over Time spells is broken for the "Group Only" setting -- it still shows the text from everyone just like the "Show" setting does. The only way I can shut off that annoying spam when people are hanging out in PoK or the lobby with their Lich-type spells running is to change my setting to "Mine Only" or "Hide".

Ideally, I'd like to leave that setting on Group Only as you need to be able to see that stuff for your group in various missions.
  7. Xorsazis Augur

I've been waiting for my 7th year vet to come up this week, but it seems like the timer is stuck at 364 days played. It should have been up Wednesday. Some logfile examples:

[Thu May 05 21:59:05 2016] Your total time entitled on this account is approximately 6 years, 352 days.
    [Sun May 08 22:17:46 2016] Your total time entitled on this account is approximately 6 years, 355 days.
    [Mon May 16 20:17:15 2016] Your total time entitled on this account is approximately 6 years, 362 days.
    [Wed May 18 18:30:05 2016] Your total time entitled on this account is approximately 6 years,364 days. Should be 365.
    [Sat May 21 09:51:29 2016] Your total time entitled on this account is approximately 6 years,364 days. Should be on next year + days.

Was disappointed to say the least.
  8. Draego Augur

Ranger DoT's 96 Dreadbeetle Swarm Rk.II and 93 Swarm of Sand Wasps Rk.II are being ignored by about 97% of trivial mobs (both trash ie. "a fire beetle") and Old World Raid mobs (belly casters ie. Vulak`Aerr, Talendor, King Tormax, Avatar of War) that my 97 Ranger has tried to apply these, just an observation.
  9. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I confirmed this today. will crosspost to the issue tracker.
    Hostile Meat Wizard likes this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I had the same thing happen on both of my accounts earlier this year, so seems to be an ongoing/pre-existing bug. One was created back in 2000, and the other is just a little over a year old. In both cases, when the total time hit the point where it should have rolled over to the next year, it stayed at the "x years, 364 days" mark for about a week and then both accounts finally rolled over. Might have something to do with it being a leap year; the code is 17 years old after all.
  11. Inga Elder

16th Anniversary Shared Task: Cleansing the Ground does not give bonus item Cleansing Rod.
    I clicked Dubious Potion and got "spill" message multiple times, but it did not work.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or not, but I did the following steps (which are not required for bonus item).
    Clear out the mausoleum and make it your base of operations 0/1 (The Grounds)
    Set up the equipment Giladan gave you in the mausoleum 0/1 (The Grounds)

15th Anniversary Group Mission: Defending Knowledge
    When I request this mission, the expedition window shows the name "Expedition: Bixie Warfront: Defending Knowledge"

I don't know if this is new or old bug, but the mission itself is fine.

I can confirm the "364 days" issue above is not new one.
    I have a FtP 2nd account created before March 15 2014, but did not get new veteran reward during "17 Days of Bonus XP".
    I am not sure, but it may have resolved after March 31 Daybreak General Maintenance for me.
    Zazzoo likes this.
  12. Bob_KY Journeyman

I was playing this morning, but had to go eat. When I returned, the test server is showing it's up on the login screen, but keeps giving me a message that "An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server" and won't allow me to log back in.
  13. Bob_KY Journeyman

NM I'm in now. must have been a glitch.
  14. Bob_KY Journeyman

Just got disconnected 3:23 est
  15. Zazzoo New Member

The 16th Anniversary task "Cleansing the Ground" does not give the bonus reward "Cleansing Rod". I have tried it two times in the past two days and nada. I get to the step when you click the dubious potion in the lake and even get the correct emote about it spilling, but do not receive the Cleansing Rod.
  16. Bob_KY Journeyman

How were you trying it, the server has been down since last night. LOL
  17. Narogg Augur

I think I found a bug.
    I detected it with my heal parser program when it is splitting encounters.
    The program bases the encounter name on a parse of "hits" since I believe every mob "hits" the player.
    Example log text
    [Tue Feb 09 22:43:32 2016] High Keeper Arieal hits Vegettomota for 9900 points of damage.
    This works fine for 99 percent of the encounter detection in 99 percent of my log samples.

The issue is, it is picking up some players/pets as the encounter instead of the mob name.
    Example log text
    [Tue Feb 09 22:43:27 2016] Lebobtik hits a wildfire phoenix for 1416 points of damage.
    [Tue Feb 09 22:43:48 2016] Elmindor hits a wildfire phoenix for 13559 points of damage.

So @Devs my question is, is the game reporting these lines as "Hits" when they should be "hit"?

To my knowledge it is only rangers, berserkers, and some pets that are logging this way.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

Since the patch sk Torrent of Misery rk 3 recourse is over writing SK pet buff Gift of Lutzen rk3.

Might have been doing this for longer, just never noticed it.
  19. mackal Augur

That's not new. I suspect it's never not been the case.
  20. sojero One hit wonder

May not have been, couple of the sk's noticed it when one used it on emo raid when we didn't need it but one of the few events our pet doesn't die very quickly. At the end of the event we were all re buffing and we all noticed that our pets survived and we couldn't stick our pet buff on them.

If its not a bug, the it probably should be changed.